Atlanta Auto Accident Lawyers Discuss Proving Liability in a Georgia Car Accident Case
Oftentimes, disputes over the cause of a car accident become a game of he-said, she-said. Otherwise stated, proving liability can sometimes be a challenging task, especially when the question of who is responsible for the accident is not readily apparent to the parties involved. Accordingly, it is crucial to obtain and review all of the evidence necessary to prove your case. Such evidence can include police reports, medical records, eye witness statements, and other sources. Specifically, the outcome of many personal injury cases often hinge upon the information that these aforementioned sources of evidence provide. With this in mind, it is crucial to consider the following suggestions if you were involved in a car accident, as they can help tip the judicial scales in your favor.
- Contact the police as soon as possible. If you were involved in an auto accident in Georgia, the police should arrive at the scene immediately and prepare a report of the facts underlying your case. This report is vital when proving your case in court or in dealing with your insurance carrier;
- Seek medical help immediately. If you sustained injuries after your accident, have your doctor examine you to be sure that you were not seriously hurt. If medical personnel at the scene of your crash decide that you should be transported to the nearest hospital, do not refuse. Doing so could negatively impact your ability to heal completely from the harm that you suffered;
- Take photographs of your car accident. Nowadays, nearly every cell phone contains a built in camera. Take pictures of your accident and include shots of anything you think could have caused your accident, such as an overgrown bush or hazardous road conditions. It also is helpful to take pictures of any other vehicles that are involved in the accident, as well as drivers and passengers so that people cannot dispute the facts later;
- Obtain witness statements. Write down the names and contact information of all of the witnesses of your accident. Be sure to obtain a summary of what they witnessed at the scene;
- Write everything down. As time passes, it is easy to forget important details about your Georgia Car Accident. Take the time, when able, to write down the facts of your accident and give it to your attorney for his or her review; and
- Speak immediately with a skilled Georgia Personal Injury Attorney. A personal injury attorney with experience handling car accident cases is in the best position to guide you through the legal process and advise you of all of your options. Do not take chances representing yourself, as you could end up sacrificing your ability to obtain the money you deserve for your injuries.
Montlick & Associates - Put Our Over 38 Years of Experience to Work For You!
The Atlanta Auto Accident Attorneys at Montlick & Associates have made it their foremost goal to be the best personal injury lawyers in the United States. In fact, our firm has been successfully representing those who suffer serious injuries throughout all of Georgia and in the Southeast for more than 38 years, including, but not limited to, all smaller cities and rural areas in the state. Wherever you are located, our dedicated team of attorneys is just a phone call away and we will even come to you. Call us 24 hours a day/7 days a week for your Free Consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333). You can also visit us online at www.montlick.com and use our Free Case Evaluation Form or 24-hour Live Online Chat.