Pedestrian Accident Attorneys Serving Athens, GA
Move Forward with Montlick
While on your daily walk, you were struck by a reckless driver. Injured, confused, and scared, you’re unsure what to do next. Rest assured, Montlick is the right call.
Each year, thousands of pedestrians across the nation are seriously injured or killed by careless drivers. In a flash, your life can change because of a driver’s negligence. Unable to move, unable to work, you begin worrying about how you’ll pay your bills on time. After an accident and injury disrupt your life, justice starts with a call to our attorneys.
Aggressive Advocates, Empathetic Support
Our Athens pedestrian accident attorneys fight to get our clients the compensation they deserve. No matter where you are located, we are just a phone call away.
We understand the physical, financial, and emotional stress a pedestrian accident victim experiences. Our job is to work hard for you by minimizing your stress and maximizing the money in your pocket.
SEE IF YOU QUALIFYDo you have a case?
Real Help Begins Here®
The Help You Need, The Lawyers You Trust®
Putting you first. Always.
We’re here to work for you, not the other way around. Our job is more than just a few phone calls and some paperwork. We aggressively advocate on your behalf to add value to your claim, which means putting more money in your pocket.
We communicate compassionately and frequently
As a Montlick client, you will always know where your case stands. We will return all phone calls and answer all your questions in a timely manner. Every case we take on, we take personally.
Athens Pedestrian Accident Injury & Wrongful Death Lawyers
The Road to Recovery Starts Here
With Athens’ historic architecture, it’s hard not to stop and stare at the buildings as you walk by. Located in Clarke County, Athens is arguably one of the best places to live in Georgia for families, food lovers, music enthusiasts, and football fanatics alike. Many residents of Athens find walking in town comfortable and safe — until a distracted driver makes one fatal mistake.
Distracted drivers can run a stop sign, ignore a traffic signal or speed through an intersection. Pedestrian accidents can leave their victims with serious injuries that require long-term or even lifelong treatment. The cost of doctor’s visits, physical therapy, surgeries, and prescription medications can quickly mount to unaffordable levels. Don’t wait — the path to financial recovery begins with a call to Montlick.
Athens Pedestrian Injury & Wrongful Death Lawyers
What Causes Pedestrian Accidents?
While there are many causes of pedestrian accidents, some of the most common include the following:
- Drivers whose mental and/or physical faculties are impaired by alcohol or drugs
- Speeding particularly in high pedestrian traffic areas
- Tired or fatigued drivers
- Roads without pedestrian safety features like longer lights, middle islands and frequent crosswalks
- Drivers rushing through intersections to “beat the light”
- Poorly designed pedestrian crossings
- Using cell phones to call or text particularly around intersections, school zones, bus stops and commercial businesses
Although many types of pedestrian accidents are caused by unsafe driving, the failure of public entities to design roadways and intersections with pedestrians in mind also plays a significant role in causing pedestrian accidents nationwide. A Montlick pedestrian accident lawyer could also pursue a legal claim against the appropriate public entity when an unsafe design or neglected road maintenance contributes to a pedestrian accident.
Because public entities have sovereign immunity, special procedures, and timing requirements must be met when suing a municipality or other government entity for injuries or death suffered in a pedestrian accident. Our experienced pedestrian accident attorneys may be able to guide you through these special requirements so that you do not undermine your accident claim.
Five Steps to Take if a Car Strikes You
Being hit by a motorist as a pedestrian can be terrifying and disorienting. The following steps can help you to preserve any personal injury claim you may have if you have been injured as a pedestrian:
- Move to Safety: Subsequent accidents are a serious concern immediately following pedestrian crashes. If you are physically able to do so, move yourself out of the roadway. Get to a safe spot where you are less likely to be hit by another car.
- Contact authorities: If you are involved in any type of motor vehicle incident, call 911 at the scene, so that a police officer can document what happened and send appropriate medical personnel.
- Obtain Medical Treatment: The shock of an accident can mask pain and other signs of an injury. You may be transported to the emergency room by paramedics but if not, it remains important to seek medical care following your accident – even if you are not sure if you have sustained injuries. Consulting with a physician immediately after the accident can aid in the early discovery of hard-to-detect injuries, such as concussions and internal bleeding.
- Gather information: If able to do so, exchange information with the motorist(s) involved in the accident, including the driver’s license number and insurance information. Obtain the contact information of any witnesses to the accident and take pictures if you can do so.
- Contact a pedestrian accident attorney: As soon as you can after the accident, call our pedestrian accident attorneys at Montlick. If you remain hospitalized, we will come to meet with you. We will review the facts and circumstances of your accident and help you protect your rights. If a motorist is responsible for your injuries, you may be entitled to compensation for your damages, including medical expenses, lost wages, and Pain and Suffering claims. If the driver was impaired by drugs or alcohol, you may even be entitled to additional damages called punitive damages.
Frequently Asked Questions
Providing Answers to Pedestrian Accident Victims
Your Athens GA Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
Serving Athens and Beyond
High Shoals (30645)
Good Hope (30641)