Product Liability Attorneys Athens Trusts
The Law You Need, The Lawyers You Trust™
When we purchase a product from a store, we are generally trusting that the product is safe to use. But, sometimes the products that we buy are flawed in harmful ways. When these flaws lead to injury, you may have a personal injury claim.
Defective product injuries are frightening. Our attorneys understand the immense physical and financial toll they can take on an individual and their family. The last thing you need during this time is more worry and stress trying to get the compensation you deserve. The attorneys at Montlick fight for our clients so they can focus on healing.
A Name You Know, A Reputation You Trust
Georgians know our name—and with good reason. That’s because we’ve been a pillar of the community for 40 years. We’ve helped your neighbors get the money they deserved, let us help you, too.
SEE IF YOU QUALIFY
Do you have a case?
Ready to Fight for You
SEE IF YOU QUALIFY
Do you have a case?
Like No Other Law Firm®
40 Years of Winning
For the last 40 years, we’ve stood up for our clients with unwavering dedication. Our attorneys have recovered billions in compensation for our personal injury clients.
Qualified Legal Help
Whatever your case looks like, when you call us, an attorney will review it at no cost. Only an experienced personal injury attorney can examine the facts and circumstances of your situation and advise you on your legal options.
Our Top-Rated Attorneys
Athens Dangerous or Defective Product Attorneys
What Makes A Product Defective?
Product defects are typically divided into three categories: design defects, manufacturing defects, and failure to provide adequate warnings.
- Design defects: These occur when the actual design for the product contains a flaw that makes the product dangerous. For example, If a designer develops a toy meant for very young children and babies, but the toy has small parts that present a choking hazard, then the defect is in the design.
- Manufacturing defects: A manufacturing defect occurs when a product that is designed properly is built in such a way that makes it dangerous. For example, if a company developed a sunscreen that was perfectly effective and safe, but a manufacturer failed to include an active ingredient when mixing the sunscreen, making the product ineffective when used in the sun, the result would be a manufacturing defect.
- Warnings: A failure to warn can also result in a dangerous product. This is the case when a product is designed and manufactured properly, but where a person could foreseeably use the product in such a way as to make it dangerous. An example would be a cleaning product that could cause injuries if it makes contact with someone’s skin. If the product did not adequately warn of the risk, the company could be found liable for the resulting injuries.
Standing Out from the Rest
To prove liability in a product liability case, one must be able to demonstrate:
- That the product was defective at the time it left the manufacturer
- That the product was used as intended
- That the defect directly caused harm
- That the plaintiff can be compensated
Who can be held responsible?
Your Path to Justice Is Just a Call Away
When you or a loved one has been injured by a defective product, call the attorneys at Montlick immediately.
Those that are involved in the product’s chain of distribution could potentially be held liable if a defect causes harm. Responsible parties could include
- The manufacturer
- The manufacturer of parts that go into the product
- Whoever assembles the product
- Whoever installs the product
Frequently Asked Questions
The Product Liability Answers You're Looking For
Your Athens GA Product Liability Attorneys
Get Representation Anywhere
High Shoals (30645)
Good Hope (30641)