ST. LOUIS COUNTY, MISSOURI – According to an online news report published on ksdk.com, a family of four suffered a tragedy in their new North St. Louis County home.

The homeowner, a single mother of three children, stated that her home and all of the family’s belonging were destroyed in a home fire caused by a space heater. She states that the tragedy has been difficult for her and her family, but she is happy that she and her family survived. She also said that she would be spending the New Year starting her life over.

The mother of three stated that she, her boyfriend, and her 10-year-old son drove up to their home on Jennings Station Road in Pine Lawn. As they drove up the driveway, her 14-year-old daughter and 12-year-old son ran outside into the freezing cold, and she noticed the house was on fire. She explained to reporters that they lost everything in the house fire, which occurred three days before Christmas.

Fire investigators explained to her that the fire was “electrical-related.” The space heater may have caused a fire inside the home’s walls. The fire is being investigated.

According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), space heaters cause about 1,700 fires, 160 injuries, and 80 deaths every year in the United States. Should you use a space heater this winter, the following safety tips provided by firefighters can help you avoid a fire tragedy.

  1. Space heaters are not a safe source of heat for long periods of time.
  2. Keep space heaters at least three feet away from combustibles such as blankets, paper, clothing, and furniture.
  3. Do not plug space heaters into extension cords or multi-way plugs. Only plug heaters directly into an outlet.

The family is now staying with relatives until they are able to manage their fire loss claim with their insurance company. The American Red Cross is also helping the family with vital needs.

Did you sustain harm after using a defective space heater? Protect your legal rights by calling Montlick Injury Attorneys Nationwide, 24/7, at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333). Our Defective Space Heater Lawsuit Lawyers are here to listen, understand your situation, and advise you.

Our trial attorneys have recovered billions of dollars for our personal injury clients through negotiated settlements, litigation/lawsuits, settlement of lawsuits, jury verdicts, mediation, and arbitration awards for over 39 years.

Please visit our Montlick Injury Attorneys reviews to see what our clients have to say about our commitment to exceptional service.

No matter where you are located, our space heater fire claims attorneys are just a phone call away, and we will even come to you. Call us nationwide 24 hours day/7 days a week for your Free Consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333), or simply dial #WIN® (#946) from your mobile phone. You can also visit us online at Montlick.com and use our Free Case Evaluation Form or Free 24-hour live chat.

Source:

https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/local/fire-destroys-north-st-louis-county-familys-home/63-0c33a155-3814-4c41-8457-92b5767254e6