Millions of car accidents will happen annually. Many of these accidents will involve just property damage, while others result in serious injuries. Broken bones are among the most common of all injuries to occur in a car accident. Below, in no particular order, is a look at the ten most common bones that a driver or passenger could break during an auto accident:
- Femur Fracture: The femur is one of the strongest bones in the body, but it can become fractured during high impact car accidents.
- Tibia/Fibula Fracture: Broken legs can occur to both drivers and passengers in the event that the car crumples during the accident, exacting force on the legs.
- Facial or Skill Fracture: If a person strikes the windshield during an accident, which occurs most often to those not wearing a safety belt, serious facial and skull fractures can result.
- Rib Fracture: Rib fractures are quite common and can be caused by the airbag or seatbelt during an accident.
- Pelvis Fracture: This traumatic break most often occurs in motorcycle accidents, but can also happen in bad car crashes.
- Hip Fracture: Hip fractures are among the most common breaks in traffic accidents and can debilitate the victim for some time.
- Wrist Fractures: The wrist is comprised of many small bones, leaving it vulnerable to breaks in the event of an accident.
- Arm Fractures: Often, accident victims will attempt to brace themselves with their arm, leaving the arm prone to breaks.
- Clavicle Fractures: The clavicle is a fragile bone that is susceptible to fracture.
- Back Fracture: Fractured discs are common in head on and rear end impact accidents.
All broken bone injuries require immediate treatment by a medical professional. Car accident victims who suffer broken bones in the accident should be eligible to receive compensation from the party responsible for the accident. Broken bones can require considerable time to heal and can also lead to complications. Serious breaks will need to be set for some time, which could impair the victim’s ability to perform work and everyday tasks. Medical expenses involved in the treatment of broken bones can quickly mount. Depending upon the area and severity of the break, accident victims might even need surgery to set the bones correctly and could experience long term effects due to the break.
Anyone injured in a car accident should consult with a licensed car accident lawyer as soon as possible. Your attorney will help you to gather evidence in support of your claim and will protect your interests to the fullest extent.
Montlick and Associates, Attorneys at Law: Put Our Over 39 Years of Experience to Work on Your Case!
Suffering a broken bone in a car accident can lead to mounds of medical expenses and potential complications. If you have been injured in an auto accident, contact the Georgia Car Accident Lawyers at Montlick and Associates, Attorneys at Law. Our firm helps accident victims across Georgia and in the Southeast and has over 39 years of experience assisting injured accident victims. The sooner you act after the accident, the greater your chances of obtaining a full recovery. As such, it is important that you seek the assistance of a licensed lawyer as soon as possible. Call Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law, 24 hours a day/7 days a week for your Free Consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333). You can also visit us online at www.montlick.com and use our Free Case Evaluation Form or 24-hour Live Online Chat.