Pedestrian Accident Attorneys in Atlanta GA
If you are looking for a top-rated, compassionate and trustworthy Atlanta pedestrian accident injury lawyer, you have come to the right law firm.
The aftermath of a pedestrian accident in Atlanta can be physically, emotionally and financially overwhelming. Navigating insurance claims and the legal matters associated with your accident is an added stress on top of the trauma of the accident itself.
You don’t have to face this alone. You need a law firm you can trust. Montlick & Associates has the knowledge, expertise, reputation, track record for success, and resources you need to tackle the insurance minefields and the legal burdens for you, so you can focus on healing. Our dedicated pedestrian auto accident attorneys in Atlanta and nationwide are ready to fight to protect your legal rights, and to get you the compensation you deserve.
Why People Choose Montlick Injury Attorneys for Their Pedestrian Accident Case
We have received the highest rating for professional excellence and skills.
Montlick Injury Attorneys is AV Preeminent rated by Martindale-Hubbell, the Gold standard in attorney ratings for over 150 years. This places us among an elite group of law firms, who are recognized for the highest level of professional excellent, ethics, skills and integrity. To read more click here.
We fight for maximum compensation
Our experienced attorneys know the immense physical and financial toll a pedestrian accident injury can take on an individual and their family. We work hard for our clients and explore every recovery avenue possible under the law in order to get our clients the compensation they deserve.
We’re here to serve you
Since 1984, Montlick & Associates has remained dedicated to providing exceptional legal services to our clients. We promptly return phone calls and maintain clear and consistent communication with our clients. Our attorneys are available to answer clients’ questions and concerns and are committed to guiding you through the legal process. To learn more about Our Promise to You, click here.
Personal Injury is our specialty
The lawyers at Montlick & Associates specialize in Personal Injury law. Our firm brings decades of knowledge and experience to the table to help our clients. By focusing our practice only on personal injury law, we know the ins and outs of the claims process and personal injury legal system, so we can be the best advocates for our clients.
We have recovered billions of dollars for our clients
Since 1984, Montlick & Associates has been fighting hard to recover the maximum compensation for each of our clients, and we have a reputation for success and a billions of dollars track record to prove it.*
Get the Legal Help You Need Right Now
If you have been injured or lost a family member to a pedestrian accident, contact Montlick & Associates for your free consultation today. Our dedicated team of legal professionals are standing by in Georgia and nationwide, and we are ready to listen to your experience and advise you of your legal rights. At Montlick & Associates, you will speak with a personal injury attorney on your first call. Contact us nationwide 24/7 at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333), or dial #WIN (946) from your cellphone. You can also visit Montlick.com and use our Free 24-Hour Live Chat or Free Case Evaluation Form.
How a Montlick Lawyer Can Make a Difference in Your Atlanta Pedestrian Accident Case
We handle the insurance company for you
A primary goal of insurance companies is to minimize, delay, and deny your claim. Insurance companies can take advantage of the emotional and financial stresses following a pedestrian accident injury in an effort to get individuals to settle for less than what they deserve under the law. We deal directly with the insurance companies so you don’t have to. Our attorneys navigate the complex and often intentionally confusing insurance claim landscape so our clients can focus on healing.
Insurance companies know that you having legal representation is bad for their bottom line. An Insurance Research Council study found that:
- 85% of personal injury claim payouts from insurance companies went to personal injury victims represented by legal counsel.
- On average, personal injury victims with lawyers received 300% more financial compensation than those who did not retain legal representation.
Having experienced legal representation by your side in your pedestrian accident case can significantly increase your chances of success in receiving the financial compensation you deserve.
Though walking is a regular part of our daily life, every time we walk to the grocery store or through a shopping mall parking lot or with our children to school, we face a significant risk of being involved in a pedestrian auto accident. Anyone who regularly walks or jogs through the streets of the greater Atlanta area knows how frequently pedestrians are confronted with distracted drivers or speeding motorists who disregard basic traffic safety laws. Atlanta has been rated among the most dangerous cities for pedestrians in the U.S. –Atlanta motor vehicles strike an average of 3 pedestrians per day. A collision between a pedestrian and a motor vehicle is rarely a minor accident.
Since 1984, the experienced pedestrian accident attorneys at Montlick & Associates have represented individuals throughout Atlanta, Georgia & the United States who have been seriously injured or killed in pedestrian collisions with cars, trucks, motorcycles, buses and SUVs. Our knowledgeable and compassionate team of attorneys and professionals will carefully investigate your pedestrian accident, and aggressively pursue the maximum compensation to which you are entitled under the law.
Depending on the specific circumstances of your pedestrian accident case, you may be entitled to recover medical costs, lost wages, pain and suffering, permanent disability and decreased earning ability, disfigurement, loss of consortium (loss of companionship or services of spouse or sometimes a child) and even punitive damages. Call us today for your free consultation, and so we can advise you regarding your rights to money damages.
Types of Injuries Common in Pedestrian Accidents
Sadly, pedestrian accidents often result in catastrophic injuries or wrongful death. The human body just cannot withstand being struck by a 3,000 to 5,000 pound car, or an 80,000 pounds tractor trailer. Unfortunately, the serious nature of a pedestrian accident typically means that the types of injuries suffered in a pedestrian accident often involve substantial medical costs, painful and extensive rehabilitative therapy and lifelong medical care. Pedestrians' head, legs, and arms are the most vulnerable in an accident. Pedestrians often endure extreme bodily injuries including the following:
- Broken bones
- Herniated discs
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Internal organ damage
Most pedestrians are struck by the front of a passenger vehicle. Based on National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) data, 40% of pedestrian injuries resulted from contact with the vehicle, 32% from contact with the ground and 26% from contact with unknown objects.
Get the compensation you deserve!
If you have suffered devastating injuries, permanent disability or pain and suffering, contact us today for a free no obligation consultation to learn how we can help. Montlick Injury Attorneys have extensive experience representing Atlanta and Georgia pedestrian accident victims, and we fight hard to help our clients obtain all the financial compensation you deserve. Call us today at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or by dialing #WIN (946) from your cellphone. You can also use our Free 24-Hour Live Chat or Free Case Evaluation Form.
Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents
Many innocent pedestrians are injured by the careless and inattentive actions of drivers of cars, trucks and SUVs. While there is virtually an unlimited number of causes of pedestrian accidents, some of the most common causes of pedestrian accident include:
- Distracted Drivers: Many drivers are inattentive and pre-occupied with such activities as using mobile phones to call and text, reading documents and newspapers, applying makeup or other tasks that result in drivers devoting less than their full attention to the road.
- Excessive Speed: Drivers who violate the speed limit or drive too fast for heavy traffic or adverse weather conditions cause many pedestrian accidents. A vehicle that is moving at a high rate of speed exponentially increases the likelihood of a pedestrian accident resulting in serious fatalities. At twenty miles per hour, there is only a 10% chance that a pedestrian will be killed in a collision. At forty miles per hour, the likelihood that a pedestrian will be killed increases to 90%.
- Failure to Obey Traffic Signals: Intersections can be very dangerous for pedestrians who must enter the roadway. Drivers who are rushing or not paying attention can run stop signs or red lights and collide with pedestrians crossing the street in a crosswalk. Almost 24% of pedestrian accidents occur at intersections.
- Poorly Designed Roadways: A governmental entity may be partially liable for a pedestrian accident resulting from poor roadway design or maintenance. Common examples of roadway design or maintenance issues that may contribute to a pedestrian accident include a lack of traffic signals, overhanging trees and vegetation reducing visibility, unsafe pedestrian crossings, school district negligence, inadequate warning signs and lax enforcement of traffic laws.
- Failure to Check Behind Vehicle: Nearly half of all pedestrian accidents involving children ages 1 to 4 occur when a vehicle is backing up in the driveway. Approximately 50 children are injured or killed every week as a result of vehicles backing up.
- Drunk Drivers: Drivers who are impaired by drugs or alcohol have slower response time and decreased judgment and decision-making skills. This means they often do not respond quickly to pedestrians crossing the roadway.
- Failure to Watch for Children: Many children are hurt in pedestrian accidents with vehicles that do not obey slower speed limits in school zones or heed flashing red lights on school buses.
If you are seriously injured in a pedestrian accident, Montlick & Associates can help you seek the compensation you deserve from the party whose careless and inattentive conduct caused your injuries. We work hard for our clients and are dedicated to providing the exceptional service the Montlick name represents. Contact us nationwide 24/7 at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333), or dial #WIN (946) from your cellphone. You can also use our Free 24-Hour Live Chat or Free Case Evaluation Form.
Our Promise to You
- Treat your case as if it were our own. We'll treat you the same way we would want to be treated – as if it were our own case, or the case of a close friend or family member.
- Protect you from powerful insurance companies. One of the first things the insurance adjuster will typically say is that you do not need an attorney. That's because one of the insurance company's primary goals is to pay you as little money as possible. Insurers know that injured people get substantially more money with an attorney representing them. With over 38 years of experience dealing with insurance companies, we can help you navigate through the insurance company minefields and avoid any traps.
- Analyze your case at no charge to you. We'll evaluate your situation and advise you how to best protect your rights, at no charge to you. We invite you to call us 24 hours a day, including weekends and holidays to request a free consultation with one of our experienced personal injury lawyers. Or use our 24/7 online chat right here on our website.
- Vigorously fight on your behalf in order to obtain the maximum compensation and benefits you deserve. There's always a lot at stake after a serious injury, and when our clients rely on us for help, we don’t take that situation lightly. We work extremely hard, and we will always do the right thing for you and your case.
- Give your case our personal attention. Our attorneys and professionals are available to answer your questions regarding your case. We will keep you involved with major developments and are always willing to hear your concerns. We work for you, and we have your best interest in mind.
- Promptly return phone calls and keep you informed. We are sure you've heard about professionals who do not return phone calls. Or perhaps you have spoken to people using other law firms who never knew what was going on with their case. That won't happen with us. We keep our clients well-informed of important developments and routinely send copies of correspondence regarding their case.
- Be there for you when you need us most. When our clients first call us after a serious injury, they're understandably stressed, concerned, and overwhelmed. You don’t have to do this alone. We'll take on the insurance company for you and help you get the money you deserve for your medical treatments, lost wages, car repairs and pain and suffering. That's the kind of help we've been giving for over 38 years.
- Always treat you with dignity and respect. Our promise is to operate at all times with honesty, integrity, high moral character and unquestionable ethics. And we'll treat you with kindness and give you and your family the dignity and respect that you deserve.
Our experienced Atlanta pedestrian auto accident attorneys are available to assist clients throughout all of Georgia and Nationwide. No matter where you are located we are just a phone call away, and we will even come to you. Call us 24 hours a day/7 days a week for your Free Consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333). You can also use our Free Case Evaluation Form or 24 hour Live Online Chat. Our attorneys and legal staff will work hard to protect your interests and get you the compensation you deserve.
*Dollars recovered are cumulative and not indicative of individual case results. Each case is unique. Results depend on the facts and applicable law.
All information provided about the law is very general in nature and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Every situation is different and should be analyzed by a lawyer who can provide individualized advice based on the facts involved in your unique situation, and a consideration of all of the nuances of the statutes and case law that apply at the time.
Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law
17 Executive Park Dr NE
Atlanta, GA 30329
Hours: Open Today · Open 24 hours
Plus Code: RMH6+38 Atlanta, Georgia, USA