Pedestrian Accident Attorneys Serving Athens, Georgia
Proudly Representing Individuals Injured While Walking in Georgia
Each year, thousands of pedestrians across the nation including in Athens, Georgia are seriously injured or killed by careless drivers while lawfully walking on Georgia’s streets and roadways. Distracted drivers can run a stop sign, ignore a traffic signal or speed through an intersection. Pedestrian accidents can leave their victims with serious injuries that require long-term or even lifelong treatment. The cost of doctor’s visits, physical therapy, surgeries, and prescription medications can quickly mount to unaffordable levels.
If you or a loved one have been injured by a negligent driver while you were walking in Georgia, you should consult with our pedestrian accident attorneys at Montlick and Associates, Attorneys at Law. Our dedicated firm assists our pedestrian clients in obtaining the compensation they deserve under Georgia law from those who are responsible for their injuries.
Five Steps to Take if a Car Strikes You
Being hit by a motorist as a pedestrian can be terrifying and disorienting. The following steps, among others, can help you to preserve any personal injury claim you may have if you have been injured as a pedestrian:
- Move to Safety: Subsequent accidents are a serious concern immediately following pedestrian crashes. If you are physically able to do so, move yourself out of the roadway. Get to a safe spot where you are less likely to be hit by another car.
- Contact authorities: If you are involved in any type of motor vehicle incident, call 911 at the scene, so that a police officer can document what happened.
- Gather information: Exchange information with the motorist(s) involved in the accident, including the driver’s license number and insurance information. Obtain the contact information of any witnesses to the accident and take pictures if you can do so.
- Obtain Medical Treatment: The shock of an accident can mask pain and other signs of an injury. You may be transported to the emergency room by paramedics but if not, it remains important to seek medical care following your accident - even if you are not sure you have sustained injuries. Consulting with a physician immediately after the accident can aid in the early discovery of hard to detect injuries, such as concussions and internal bleeding.
- Contact a pedestrian accident attorney: As soon as you can after the accident, call our pedestrian accident attorneys at Montlick and Associates, Attorneys at Law. If you remain hospitalized, we will come to meet with you. We will review the facts and circumstances of your accident and help you to protect your rights. If a motorist is responsible for your injuries, you may be entitled to compensation for your damages, including medical expenses, lost wages, and Pain and Suffering. If the driver was impaired by drugs or alcohol, or otherwise outrageous, you may even be entitled to additional damages called punitive damages.
Put Our Law Firm's Over 38 Years of Legal Experience to Work For Your Case!
If you or a loved one has been injured in a pedestrian accident, contact the Pedestrian Accident Attorneys at Montlick and Associates, Attorneys at Law. For over 38 years, our law firm has assisted thousands of injured pedestrians in Athens and across Georgia. We provide caring and knowledgeable representation and strive to achieve your best legal outcome within the bounds of the law. Our firm offers you a free case review to explain your legal rights and the actions necessary to obtain compensation.
No matter where you are located, our attorneys are just a phone call away, and we will even come to you. Call us 24 hours a day/7 days a week for your Free Consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333). You can also visit us online at www.montlick.com and use our Free Case Evaluation Form or 24-hour Live Online Chat.