Pedestrian Accident Injury Lawyers in Atlanta
Get Justice for Your Injury
A collision between a pedestrian and a motor vehicle is rarely a minor accident. After such an injury, you can’t afford a costly mistake. That’s why Montlick is the right call.
Anyone who regularly walks or jogs through the streets of the greater Atlanta area knows how frequently pedestrians are confronted with distracted drivers or speeding motorists who disregard basic traffic safety laws. After a pedestrian accident, you need an experienced advocate who can take charge of your case and provide the support you need to move forward. Montlick is there for you during life’s most challenging moments.
A Winning Reputation
Our Atlanta pedestrian accident attorneys have been fighting for injured people like you for 39 years. We are fierce advocates and we know what it takes to win® these complex cases. Our lawyers have won billions of dollars for our clients–thats why Georgians choose Montlick again and again to fight hard and win for them. See how we can help you, too.
SEE IF YOU QUALIFY
Do you have a case?
Make Your First Call the Right Call.™ Make It Montlick.
Billions of dollars won
At Montlick, our goal is to put the most money possible in your pocket, where it belongs. With billions of dollars won for our clients, our attorneys know what it takes to win. Find out what we can do for you.
We communicate compassionately and frequently
Our legal teams promptly return phone calls, answer your questions, and keep you informed on the status of your case. We understand it’s not just a case–it’s your life.
Our commitment to you includes:
- Treating your case as if it were our own
- Promptly returning emails and phone calls
- Always treating you with dignity and respect
- Being there for you when you need us most
Atlanta Pedestrian Accident Injury Attorneys
We'll Focus on Winning So You Can Focus on Healing
Atlanta is a bustling, unique city. With a population of nearly 500,000 people, Atlanta has continued to shape culture through its history, enterprise, and music.
One of the most populous cities in the U.S., walking is a common way to get around for tourists and locals alike. Unfortunately, the abundance of pedestrians means the likelihood of hit-by-car accidents rises. The aftermath of a pedestrian accident in Atlanta can be physically, emotionally and financially overwhelming. Navigating insurance claims, legal matters, and the physical recovery associated with your accident is added stress on top of the trauma of the accident itself. You don’t have to face this alone. We deal with the insurance companies while you focus on your recovery.
Atlanta Pedestrian Injury Lawsuit Attorneys
What You Need To Know About Pedestrian Accidents in Atlanta
When pedestrians must walk in close proximity to motor vehicles, the risk of serious injury caused by driver error, distraction or indifference is substantial. When Atlanta urban planners fail to take adequate steps to provide barriers that separate pedestrians from motorists, the probability of a pedestrian accident on Atlanta streets and roadways increases dramatically. Atlanta has been rated among the most dangerous cities for pedestrians in the U.S., and Atlanta motor vehicles strike an average of 3 pedestrians per day. In a recent study of major metros, Atlanta was ranked as the 11th most dangerous city for pedestrians. When you or someone you love is injured while walking or jogging in Atlanta or surrounding suburban cities, an unsafe driver that strikes a pedestrian and/or the city that fails to develop or maintain a safe roadway may be liable for any resulting injuries. Our Atlanta pedestrian accident attorneys have been helping accident victims since 1984. Call today to find out how we can help you too.
According to National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) data, 40% of pedestrian injuries resulted from contact with the vehicle, 32% from contact with the ground and 26% from contact with unknown objects.
Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents
Many innocent pedestrians are injured by the careless and inattentive actions of drivers of cars, trucks and SUVs. While no two pedestrian accidents are exactly alike, some of the most common causes of hit-by-car accidents include:
Distracted Drivers: Many drivers are inattentive and pre-occupied with such activities as using mobile phones to call and text, reading documents and newspapers, applying makeup or other tasks that result in drivers devoting less than their full attention to the road.
Excessive Speed: Drivers who violate the speed limit or drive too fast for heavy traffic or adverse weather conditions cause many pedestrian accidents. A vehicle that is moving at a high rate of speed exponentially increases the likelihood of a pedestrian accident resulting in serious fatalities. At 20 miles per hour, there is only a 10% chance that a pedestrian will be killed in a collision. At 40 miles per hour, the likelihood that a pedestrian will be killed increases to 90%.
Failure to Obey Traffic Signals: Intersections can be very dangerous for pedestrians who must enter the roadway. Drivers who are rushing or not paying attention can run stop signs or red lights and collide with pedestrians crossing the street in a crosswalk. Almost 24% of pedestrian accidents occur at intersections.
Poorly Designed Roadways: A governmental entity may be partially liable for a pedestrian accident resulting from poor roadway design or maintenance. Common examples of roadway design or maintenance issues that may contribute to a pedestrian accident include a lack of traffic signals, overhanging trees and vegetation reducing visibility, unsafe pedestrian crossings, school district negligence, inadequate warning signs and lax enforcement of traffic laws.
Failure to Check Behind Vehicle: Nearly half of all pedestrian accidents involving children ages 1 to 4 occur when a vehicle is backing up in the driveway. Approximately 50 children are injured or killed every week as a result of vehicles backing up.
Drunk Drivers: Drivers who are impaired by drugs or alcohol have slower response time and decreased judgment and decision-making skills. This means they often do not respond quickly to pedestrians crossing the roadway.
Failure to Watch for Children: Many children are hurt in pedestrian accidents with vehicles that do not obey slower speed limits in school zones or heed flashing red lights on school buses.
Types of Injuries Common in Pedestrian Accidents
Committed to Fighting for Your Justice
Our Atlanta pedestrian accident attorneys fight to maximize the money in your pocket while minimizing your stress.
Sadly, pedestrian accidents often result in catastrophic injuries or wrongful death. The human body just cannot withstand being struck by a 3,000 to 5,000 pound car, or an 80,000 pound tractor trailer. Unfortunately, the serious nature of a pedestrian accident typically means that the types of injuries suffered in a pedestrian accident often involve substantial medical costs, painful and extensive rehabilitative therapy and lifelong medical care. Pedestrians’ head, legs, and arms are the most vulnerable in an accident. Pedestrians often endure extreme bodily injuries including the following:
- Broken bones
- Herniated discs
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Internal organ damage