For over 37 years, Montlick & Associates has fought for justice on behalf of burn injury victims and those who tragically lost loved ones due to the negligence of others. With billions of dollars recovered for our clients, Our Experience Pays!™*
If you or a loved one have been injured or harmed in any type of accident, contact Montlick & Associates, Injury Attorneys, today for your free consultation. Contact us Nationwide, 24/7 at1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333), or by simply dialing #WIN (#946) from your cellphone. You may also visit us at Montlick.com and contact us through our Free Case Evaluation Form or Free 24-hour live chat.**
Most people have sustained some type of burn in their lifetime, whether it be a sunburn, a burn from touching a hot plate, injuries from hot oil, and others. However, such burn injuries are often minor and do not result in permanent damage, such as scarring. More severe burn injuries can be not only excruciating, but can lead to permanent scarring, the need for multiple skin graft surgeries, and mental anguish resulting from scarring and disfigurement. If burn injuries are extremely severe, victims typically initially stay in the burn unit of a hospital for weeks or months on end.
Burn injuries happen in a variety of ways. Some injuries occur at home and involve a person’s own conduct (such as cooking, touching a hot stove or plate, or exposing oneself to steam emitting from boiling water). However, a significant number of burn injuries are caused by accidents which are often the result of negligent conduct. Common causes of burn injuries caused by negligent conduct include, but are not limited to, the following:
Burns are categorized by degrees to reflect the severity of the burns, and most people have a general idea that the greater the degree, the more severe the burn injury, as explained below:
As with many severe injuries, the consequences of a burn injury reach far beyond the pain resulting from the injury. Burn injuries are especially challenging to deal with, as scarring is inevitable for many patients. Additionally, the location of a burn injury can make it difficult for a person to live a normal life. For example, sustaining burn injuries to the face is one of the worst types of burn injuries to experience. While there are excellent surgeons who can reconstruct a person’s face, it is never possible to undo the damage of a burn injury. Some burn victims may no longer be recognizable.
Along with the physical consequences of a burn injury, victims may experience additional consequences which include, but are certainly not limited to, the following:
Many burn victims may feel lucky to be alive, but once a person sustains a burn injury, there is a constant reminder of what caused that burn injury. Scarring is most often a major factor in pursuing serious burn injuries, and the extent of the scar as well as the long-term prognosis can be determined by a medical doctor such as a dermatologist or plastic surgeon when appropriate. Our attorneys understand the severity of serious burn injuries, which often result in costly medical care, lost income, significant scarring, depression and pain and suffering. We work hard on each client’s case to maximize the value of their cases under the law.
All types of legal claims are subject to “statutes of limitations” or legal time deadlines.
WARNING: Failing to comply with a statute of limitations will permanently bar your right to a recovery, an there are also exceptions that can shorten or even lengthen the deadline!
By way of example only, certain types of claims, such as claims against governmental entities, can have much shorter deadlines. In some cases, a combination of different types of legal claims may exist that involve different time frames, which may be due to multiple defendants and/or even the laws of more than one jurisdiction.
In addition to legal deadlines, there are other reasons not to delay. Additionally, witnesses can eventually forget what happened, and important evidence, such as items at the scene or store video footage, can also disappear.
Our burn injury attorneys can examine the facts and circumstances relevant to your case to determine which statutes of limitations (deadlines) apply. We take the required actions to preserve all-important legal deadlines on behalf of our clients.
1. Treat your case as if it were our own. We'll treat you the same way we would want to be treated – as if it were our own case, or the case of a close friend or family member.
2. Protect you from powerful insurance companies. One of the first things the insurance adjuster will typically say is that you do not need an attorney. That's because the insurance company's goal is to pay you as little money as possible. And they know that injured people get substantially more money with an attorney representing them. With over 37 years of experience dealing with insurance companies, we can help you navigate through the insurance company minefields and avoid any traps.
3. Analyze your case at no charge to you. We'll evaluate your situation and advise you how to best protect your rights, at no charge to you. We invite you to call us 24 hours a day, including weekends and holidays to request a free consultation with one of our experienced personal injury lawyers. Or use our 24/7 online chat right here on our website.
4. Vigorously fight on your behalf in order to obtain all the compensation and benefits you deserve. There's always a lot at stake after a serious injury, and when our clients rely on us for help, we never take that situation lightly. We work extremely hard, and we will always do the right thing when it comes to our clients.
5. Give your case our personal attention. We tell our clients: "We want you to concentrate on getting well. We want to hear from you if you have any questions or concerns. We work for you, not the other way around."
6. Promptly return phone calls and keep you informed. We are sure you've heard about professionals who do not return phone calls. Or, perhaps you have spoken to people using other law firms who never knew what was going on with their case. That won't happen with us. We keep our clients well informed of important developments and routinely send copies of correspondence regarding their case.
7. Be there for you when you need us most. When our clients first call us after a serious injury, they're understandably really worried. And we say to them, "You don't have to do this alone." We'll take on the insurance company for you and help you get the money you deserve for your medical treatments, lost wages, car repairs and pain and suffering. That's the kind of help we've been giving for over 37 years.
8. Always treat you with dignity and respect. Our promise is to operate at all times with honesty, integrity, high moral character and unquestionable ethics. And we'll treat you with kindness and give you and your family the dignity and respect that you deserve.
Our attorneys fight hard to get our clients the compensation they deserve. No matter where you are located, we are just a phone call away. For your Free Consultation contact Montlick & Associates, Nationwide 24/7 at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or by simply dialing #WIN (#946) from your mobile phone. We also can be contacted at Montlick.com where you can submit a Free Case Evaluation Form 24/7 or utilize our 24-Hour Live Chat.
*Dollars recovered are cumulative and not indicative of individual case results. Each case is unique. Results depend on the facts and applicable law.
**Legal Services are provided by Montlick & Associates, P.C. and local associated law firms at no additional cost to you depending on the jurisdiction, and any specialized expertise required. For more information, click here.