Georgia Personal Injury Attorneys Discuss Catastrophic Accidents
In just a matter of minutes, a catastrophic injury can alter your life permanently. Unexpected accidents can lead to injuries so severe that they will have long term consequences and can greatly impact your future. Catastrophic injuries can tragically include, among others: traumatic brain injury, spinal cord damage, loss of vision, amputation of limbs, severe burns, and other injuries that leave a victim incapacitated or disabled. Such injuries can also require years of expensive medical care and hold the potential to permanently diminish your earning capacity.
Anyone who has experienced a catastrophic injury in Georgia because of another at fault person or party should retain the assistance of a licensed personal injury attorney who will advise on what the person is entitled to as well as aggressively fight for compensation.
Catastrophic Accidents Defined
A catastrophic accident is a sudden accident that causes injuries so severe that they are life altering. Victims of catastrophic injuries cannot resume daily activities carried out before the accident. Catastrophic accidents can happen in just minutes, but will have lasting effects.
Examples of catastrophic injuries include, but are not limited to:
- Damage to the internal organs that require ongoing medical care, such as dialysis or a pacemaker;
- Loss of vision;
- Loss of hearing;
- Nerve damage that impacts your range of motion or physical sensitivity;
- Spinal cord damage causing paralysis;
- Traumatic brain injuries that impact memory, cognition, or physical functioning; and
- Severe burns that cause disfigurement or limit movement.
Under Georgia law, the victims of catastrophic injuries have the right to recover in a personal injury action if their injuries were caused by negligence on the part of another person or party.
Common Causes of Catastrophic Accidents
Catastrophic injuries can result from a variety of tragic accidents. The following is a look at some of the most common causes of catastrophic injuries, among others:
- Vehicle related accidents: Crashes involving cars, trucks, and motorcycles cause thousands of catastrophic injuries each year. Car, truck, and motorcycle accident victims are likely to experience head injuries, spinal cord injuries, loss of limbs, and much more due to the force involved in the accident.
- Falls: Whether they be in the home, workplace, or public locations, falls can result in traumatic brain injuries and other life threatening injuries with long term effects.
Put Our Law Firm's Over 35 Years of Legal Experience to Work For Your Case!
If you are injured, speaking with an attorney can help you understand your legal rights as well as the actions necessary to preserve your rights. Our experienced and compassionate Personal Injury Lawyers at Montlick and Associates represent those who suffer serious injuries throughout all of Georgia and in the Southeast, including all smaller cities and rural areas in the state.
No matter where you are located our attorneys are just a phone call away, and we will even come to you. Call us 24 hours a day/7 days a week for your Free Consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333). You can also visit us online at www.montlick.com and use our Free Case Evaluation Form or 24-hour Live Online Chat.