Ways to Maximize Your Chances of Recovery in a Georgia Car Accident Case
Each year, there are thousands of car accidents throughout the State of Georgia. Specifically, over 130,000 individuals are injured on an annual basis in car accidents located throughout the state. In general, the majority of these accidents arise due to the negligence of one or both of the drivers involved in the crash. Undoubtedly, being in an accident is both physically and emotionally taxing and there is no way to fully predict whether you will be involved in one or not. However, there are various measures that you can take to enhance your chances of making a fully monetary recovery if you do become injured in a collision.
These include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Be sure to get the names and contact information of all parties to the accident, including witnesses. Make sure to file a police report, even if you don't think one is necessary. Insurance companies might use police reports in order to determine whether or not to pay a claim. In addition, attorneys rely on these reports in building a case to demonstrate the liability of the negligent party;
- Get medical help immediately if you think that you have been injured. If you wait too long to get treatment, your insurance company or the other driver's insurance carrier might deny you compensation when you submit a claim;
- Get everything down in writing. Be sure to write down all of the details regarding your case, including the facts surrounding your accident, statements made by parties to the accident, as well as witnesses, and memorialize in writing those conversations that you have with your insurance company. If you do not write these things down in a timely manner, there is a great risk that you will forget important details later on, which could affect the amount you should be entitled to recover;
- Take photos of your accident. Pictures that capture the scene of the accident, the resulting damage to vehicles and property, and possibly the road or other conditions that might have contributed to the cause of the accident will certainly help corroborate your story in any ensuing litigation; and
- Speak with a qualified Georgia Personal Injury Attorney. It is crucial to speak with a skilled car accident attorney who can help maximize your chances of obtaining the compensation you are entitled to by law and provide you with a comprehensive overview of your legal options.
Contact the Experienced Atlanta Personal Injury Attorneys at Montlick and Associates Today
Car accidents are serious and require the most aggressive representation possible. With this in mind, the Atlanta Auto Accident Lawyers at Montlick & Associates make it their foremost goal to be the best personal injury attorneys in the nation. In fact, our firm has been successfully representing those who suffer serious injuries from car accidents throughout all of Georgia and in the Southeast for over thirty years, including, but not limited to, all smaller cities and rural areas in the state.
Wherever you are located, our dedicated team of attorneys is just a phone call away. We will even come to you. Call us 24 hours a day/7 days a week for your Free Consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333). You can also visit us online at www.montlick.com and use our Free Case Evaluation Form or 24-hour Live Online Chat.