We have updated our privacy policy. By continuing, you are agreeing to our terms.

All information provided about the law is very general in nature and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Every situation is different and should be analyzed by a lawyer who can provide individualized advice based on the facts involved in your unique situation, and a consideration of all of the nuances of the statutes and case law that apply at the time.

What should I do if I’m injured because I slip and fall in a store?

You should seek medical assistance for your injuries and file an accident report with the manager of the store.

If there are any witnesses, get their names and phone numbers- so you can avoid the problem of a store owner later claiming that the dangerous condition did not exist. If there was a foreign substance on the floor or some other problem with the flooring you should take a picture of the condition of the floor and your injuries. You should also note the lighting conditions or anything else that may have contributed to your injuries. Make sure you ask for a copy of the accident report prepared by the store. If a store employee happens to comment about past similar accidents, you should be sure to note the name of the employee and the details disclosed. You also should contact a premises liability attorney as soon as possible so that they can advise you of how to protect your rights.

How useful is this for you?
Would you like to speak with an attorney?
Call Now

We Win More than Settlements.

We win the peace-of-mind you need to get your life back.


At Montlick, we believe comprehensive legal representation is a right, not a privilege. That’s why we provide our services on a contingency fee basis. You only pay when we win.