TAMPA, FL – The number of fatal drowning accidents in Florida grew by 70% in 2020.
Drownings are the lead cause of death in children ages 1 and 4. Florida Health states twelve children tragically passed away in downing accidents in February and March of 2020 as compared to zero drownings during the same two months in 2019.
According to a Facebook post from Water Smart Tots, the company in charge of the report, these terrifying drowning statistics are continuing to rise at a startling rate since many families have been working from home due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Water Smart Tots also warned parents that toddlers are “experts at momentarily escaping adult supervision,” and tragically, this can lead to tragic drownings in pools, canals, lakes, bathtubs, and other dangerous bodies of water.
- Water Smart Tots provided the following water safety tips in the news report.
- Do not leave a child alone in or near water.
- Regardless if a lifeguard is present at a public pool or beach, always supervise your children.
- Show your kids how to swim and how to hold their breath.
- Avoid swimming in pools with loose, broken, loose, or missing drain covers.
- Install proper gates, covers, barriers, and alarms around your pool or hot tub.
- Learn how to perform CPR on children and adults.
Put Our Law Firm’s Legal Experience To Work For You! We Know What It Takes To Win!™
While we hope you are safe and never need our services, we are here to help you if you are involved in any type of accident or just have a question. Call Montlick & Associates, Injury Attorneys, for your free consultation today. Our law firm has been representing those who suffer serious injuries for over 39 years, and our attorneys have recovered billions of dollars for our clients. We Know What It Takes To Win!™ Please visit our read Montlick & Associates reviews to see what our clients have to say about our commitment to exceptional service.
No matter where you are located, our attorneys are just a phone call away, and we will even come to you. Call us nationwide 24 hours day/7 days a week for your Free Consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333), or simply dial #WIN (#946) from your mobile phone. You can also visit us online at Montlick.com and use our Free Case Evaluation Form or Free 24-hour live chat.