Nationwide Worker's Compensation Lawyers
Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law – Serving Injured Workers Nationwide
For over 38 years, Montlick & Associates has fought for justice on behalf of injured workers. With billions of dollars recovered for our clients, Our Experience Pays!™*
If you or a loved one have been injured or harmed in a work accident, call Montlick & Associates, Injury Attorneys, today for your free consultation. Contact us Nationwide, 24/7 at1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333), or by simply dialing #WIN (#946) from your cellphone. You may also visit us at Montlick.com and contact us through our Free Case Evaluation Form or Free 24-hour live chat.**
Our Focus is to Safeguard the Rights of Injured Workers
As a worker in the United States, you are entitled to have a workplace that is safe and free of health hazards. However, workplace accidents and resulting injuries occur on a daily basis nationwide. According to the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2018, there were 5,250 fatal work injuries reported, which represents a two percent increase from 2017, where there were 5,147. Most employers, depending on applicable state law, are supposed to carry workers’ compensation insurance, which is generally a no-fault accident insurance program. If your employer carries worker’s compensation insurance and you sustained injuries while at work, you may be eligible to receive medical expenses, a portion of lost income, and even disability benefits regardless of fault.
At Montlick and Associates, Attorneys at Law, our lawyers understand the immense amount of hardship endured by victims of work-related accidents. Our attorneys know that the workers’ compensation system can be both complicated and time-consuming. A worker that is injured should not be required to know how to obtain benefits while he or she is in the process of recovering from his or her injuries. That is why our experienced Workers’ Compensation Attorneys fight hard on behalf our clients to get them the compensation to which they are entitled by law.
Frequently Asked Questions About Workers’ Compensation Laws
I was injured at work. What do I do now?
Make sure that you report your injury as soon as you as possible to your employer, supervisor, or the individual who is designated by your employer to handle workplace injury reports. There may be a deadline to file a report, depending on the state in which the accident occurred, which is why you should act fast. Failure to comply with any legal deadline will permanently bar your rights to compensation. Contact our experienced Workers’ Compensation Attorneys at Montlick and Associates, Attorneys at Law, to learn more about your legal rights and options.
What types of benefits will I receive from workers’ compensation?
While it depends upon state law, there are typically three types of benefits that may be possible for an injured worker to receive. These are as follows:
- Medical benefits. Your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance carrier will pay for your qualifying medical treatment if said treatment is for an injury that occurred on the job. This includes hospital bills, doctor bills, prescription, physical therapy, and travel expense, if necessary. Normally, subject to applicable state law, workers’ compensation claimants must treat through approved doctors.
- Disability benefits. If a worker sustains permanent injuries or is unable to recover fully from being injured, they can normally obtain disability benefits. Of course, this depends upon one’s ability to return to work as quantified by a medical doctor as well as the extent of the injury.
- Wage benefits. Workers, after being injured, can receive a percentage of their lost income. Generally, these benefits are subject to a cap based on state law.
Receiving benefits is not always automatic and without a fight. Specifically, a dispute may arise as to a worker’s extent of injuries, whether those injuries were caused by the work-related incident and other factors that result in a defense by the workers’ compensation carrier. That is why it can be critical to work with an experienced Workers’ Compensation Attorney who will fight for your legal rights and interests to the fullest extent of the law.
How long will it take to obtain workers’ compensation benefits following my injury?
Although there are certain rules that apply as to when a check will be sent to an injured worker, it is not unusual for payment to be delayed or a dispute arises about one’s entitlement to receive wage benefits. Many workers require assistance in working with the insurance company to receive the benefits to which they are entitled. Our knowledgeable Workers’ Compensation Lawyers fight on behalf of each client in order to secure needed benefits.
What if another employee of the company I work for caused my injuries?
While each situation varies, if you sustained injuries due to the acts or omissions of an individual or a company other than your employer, you may be able to pursue workers’ compensation benefits through your employer while simultaneously pursuing a personal injury claim against the at-fault party(s). In such cases, you can pursue medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering and other types of damages, subject to applicable state law. Our attorneys work to ascertain all viable avenues of recovery for our clients, and can determine if multiple types of claims exist in your case.
Montlick & Associates - Fighting Hard & Winning Cases™ since 1984 - Our Promise to You
1. Treat your case as if it were our own. We'll treat you the same way we would want to be treated – as if it were our own case, or the case of a close friend or family member.
2. Protect you from powerful insurance companies. One of the first things the insurance adjuster will typically say is that you do not need an attorney. That's because the insurance company's goal is to pay you as little money as possible. And they know that injured people get substantially more money with an attorney representing them. With over 38 years of experience dealing with insurance companies, we can help you navigate through the insurance company minefields and avoid any traps.
3. Analyze your case at no charge to you. We'll evaluate your situation and advise you how to best protect your rights, at no charge to you. We invite you to call us 24 hours a day, including weekends and holidays to request a free consultation with one of our experienced personal injury lawyers. Or use our 24/7 online chat right here on our website.
4. Vigorously fight on your behalf in order to obtain all the compensation and benefits you deserve. There's always a lot at stake after a serious injury, and when our clients rely on us for help, we never take that situation lightly. We work extremely hard, and we will always do the right thing when it comes to our clients.
5. Give your case our personal attention. We tell our clients: "We want you to concentrate on getting well. We want to hear from you if you have any questions or concerns. We work for you, not the other way around."
6. Promptly return phone calls and keep you informed. We are sure you've heard about professionals who do not return phone calls. Or, perhaps you have spoken to people using other law firms who never knew what was going on with their case. That won't happen with us. We keep our clients well informed of important developments and routinely send copies of correspondence regarding their case.
7. Be there for you when you need us most. When our clients first call us after a serious injury, they're understandably really worried. And we say to them, "You don't have to do this alone." We'll take on the insurance company for you and help you get the money you deserve for your medical treatments, lost wages, car repairs and pain and suffering. That's the kind of help we've been giving for over 38 years.
8. Always treat you with dignity and respect. Our promise is to operate at all times with honesty, integrity, high moral character and unquestionable ethics. And we'll treat you with kindness and give you and your family the dignity and respect that you deserve.
Free Case Review and Consultation to Protect Your Legal Rights
Our attorneys fight hard to get our clients the compensation they deserve. No matter where you are located, we are just a phone call away. For your Free Consultation contact Montlick & Associates, Nationwide 24/7 at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or by simply dialing #WIN (#946) from your mobile phone. We also can be contacted at Montlick.com where you can submit a Free Case Evaluation Form 24/7 or utilize our 24-Hour Live Chat.
*Dollars recovered are cumulative and not indicative of individual case results. Each case is unique. Results depend on the facts and applicable law.
**Legal Services are provided by Montlick & Associates, P.C. and local associated law firms at no additional cost to you depending on the jurisdiction, and any specialized expertise required. For more information, click here.