Rollover SUV Accident Lawyers
We Know What It Takes to Win™ SUV Accident Injury Cases
For over 38 years, Montlick & Associates has been helping personal injury victims and their families obtain justice by aggressively pursuing the monetary compensation they deserve after becoming injured or losing a loved one in an accident. With billions of dollars recovered for our clients, Our Experience Pays!™*
If you have been injured or lost a loved one in an SUV accident caused by someone else's negligence, call Montlick & Associates, Injury Attorneys, today for your free consultation.** Contact us Nationwide, 24/7 at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333), or by simply dialing #WIN (#946) from your cellphone. You may also visit us at Montlick.com and contact us through our Free Case Evaluation Form or Free 24-hour live chat.
The Potentially Deadly Issue of SUV Rollover Accidents
Sports utility vehicles, most commonly referred to as SUVs, are convenient, stylish, and immensely popular in the U.S. However, these vehicles can be deadly. About 11,000 people die in SUV accidents every year. Many of those fatal crashes were rollover accidents. In fact, SUVs account for just over half of all auto fatalities that involve only one vehicle. Part of the reason why SUVs crashes frequently result in the death of occupants is the frequency with which SUVs rollover. Statistics show that 37 percent of fatal SUV crashes were rollover accidents. By contrast, about fifteen percent of fatal passenger car wrecks were rollovers.
If the accident victims are fortunate enough to survive an SUV rollover, they could face catastrophic injuries, including traumatic brain injuries, broken bones, spinal cord injuries, paralysis, internal bleeding, damage to organs, amputation, and others.
Despite the obvious rollover danger SUVs present, many people will purchase or lease an SUV based on the expectation that SUVs are safer than other vehicle designs. One survey showed that 40 percent of people surveyed formed an opinion that SUVs provide greater protection than passenger cars. Regrettably, the statistics do not measure up with consumer expectations.
What Causes SUVs to Roll in Accidents?
The unique design of SUVs, coupled with engineering flaws, defective parts, and driver error, cause rollover accidents. There are two aspects of the SUVs’ design that together contribute to rollover accidents. First, the center of gravity, meaning the middle of the SUV, is raised off of the ground. Second, the wheelbase for an SUV is narrower than the typical passenger car.
The rollover phenomenon is caused by “tripping.” Similar to when a person trips while walking, when the tire strikes an object and the wheels stop moving in a straight line, the change of direction forces the center of gravity and momentum in the direction in which the SUV was moving. The SUV rolls over when the center of gravity extends out further than the vehicle’s balance point. When that happens, the tires “trip” the vehicle onto its side. The speed of the maneuver will determine whether the SUV will roll onto its side or flip one or more times.
Additional Factors that Cause SUV Rollovers
SUVs are highly susceptible to rollover accidents from sudden terrain changes as well as mechanical failures. Common factors that can result in SUV rollovers are icy roads, roads saturated with water, uneven ground, negotiating sharp curves without prior warning, weakened braking system, failing vehicle suspension, absence of stabilization controls, tire failures, and driving the SUV with excessively heavy cargo.
Collisions with Other Vehicles
Crashes, even those at slower speeds, can also cause an SUV to roll. SUVs are prone to rollover if other vehicles strike them on the side, crashes which are referred to as “broadside,” or “T-bone” collisions. Impact on the side of the SUV places the weight of the vehicle over the outside of the wheels and rolls it over. Even swerving evasively to avoid a collision can throw the center of the vehicle’s mass side-to-side and may cause the SUV to roll.
SUV Rollover Trauma
Few people are fortunate enough to walk away from a rollover SUV accident. In a rollover collision, a passenger’s body can be violently thrown about in random directions in the interior of the vehicle, even if the passenger wore a seatbelt and the vehicle’s airbags deployed properly. A passenger in an SUV rollover accident who chose not to wear a seatbelt faces the specter of being ejected from the SUV, increasing the possibility of death or catastrophic injury
SUV Rollover Liability
More than one person or entity can be responsible for an SUV rollover accident. Any person or business entity whose negligence partially or wholly contributed to an accident can be held responsible for the accident victims’ losses in such cases. Victims of rollover incidents caused by negligent drivers can normally claim compensation for the following types of damages:
- Past, present and future medical bills
- Past, present and future lost income
- Loss of earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Punitive or “Penalty” Damages if the defendant’s conduct is egregious, such as fleeing the scene of the accident or driving while intoxicated (subject to state law)
- Loss of consortium
- Emotional distress
Legal Time Deadlines: Act Now to Preserve Your Right to Recover Maximum Compensation
All types of legal claims are subject to “statutes of limitations” or legal time deadlines.
WARNING: Failing to comply with a statute of limitations will permanently bar your right to a recovery. There are exceptions that can greatly shorten or even lengthen the deadline!
By way of example only, claims against governmental entities and/or municipalities often have shorter deadlines, depending on applicable law. In other cases, a combination of different types of legal claims may exist that involve different time frames, which may be due to multiple defendants and/or even the laws of more than one jurisdiction. Failure to comply with any critical deadline will result in permanent bar to your right to compensation. An attorney can examine the facts and circumstances of what happened to you and determine which statutes of limitation are applicable to your case.
Additionally, these legal doctrines and rules can be ambiguous or subject to narrow exceptions depending on the specific law and facts, so you should seek immediate legal advice to find out which rules may apply to your potential case.
In addition to legal deadlines, there are other reasons not to delay. For example, most auto insurance policies contain their own contractual notification deadlines that, if allowed to lapse, can result in a denial of coverage. Additionally, witnesses can eventually forget what happened, and important evidence, such as items at the scene or video footage, can also disappear. Our SUV rollover accident attorneys take the required actions to preserve all-important legal deadlines and insurance notification deadlines on behalf of our clients.
Montlick & Associates- Fighting Hard & Winning Cases™ since 1984.
Our Promise to You
- Treat your case as if it were our own. We'll treat you the same way we would want to be treated – as if it were our own case, or the case of a close friend or family member.
- Protect you from powerful insurance companies. One of the first things the insurance adjuster will typically say is that you do not need an attorney. That's because the insurance company's goal is to pay you as little money as possible. And they know that injured people get substantially more money with an attorney representing them. With over 38years of experience dealing with insurance companies, we can help you navigate through the insurance company minefields and avoid any traps.
- Analyze your case at no charge to you. We'll evaluate your situation and advise you how to best protect your rights, at no charge to you. We invite you to call us 24 hours a day, including weekends and holidays to request a free consultation with one of our experienced personal injury lawyers. Or use our 24/7 online chat right here on our website.
- Vigorously fight on your behalf in order to obtain all the compensation and benefits you deserve. There's always a lot at stake after a serious injury, and when our clients rely on us for help, we never take that situation lightly. We work extremely hard, and we will always do the right thing when it comes to our clients.
- Give your case our personal attention. We tell our clients: "We want you to concentrate on getting well. We want to hear from you if you have any questions or concerns. We work for you, not the other way around."
- Promptly return phone calls and keep you informed. We are sure you've heard about professionals who do not return phone calls. Or, perhaps you have spoken to people using other law firms who never knew what was going on with their case. That won't happen with us. We keep our clients well informed of important developments and routinely send copies of correspondence regarding their case.
- Be there for you when you need us most. When our clients first call us after a serious injury, they're understandably really worried. And we say to them, "You don't have to do this alone." We'll take on the insurance company for you and help you get the money you deserve for your medical treatments, lost wages, car repairs and pain and suffering. That's the kind of help we've been giving for over 38years.
- Always treat you with dignity and respect. Our promise is to operate at all times with honesty, integrity, high moral character and unquestionable ethics. And we'll treat you with kindness and give you and your family the dignity and respect that you deserve.
Free Case Review and Consultation to Protect Your Legal Rights
Our attorneys fight hard on behalf of each client to maximize the value of their cases. No matter where you are located, we are just a phone call away. For your Free Consultation contact Montlick & Associates, Nationwide 24/7 at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or by simply dialing #WIN (#946) from your mobile phone. We also can be contacted at Montlick.com where you can submit a Free Case Evaluation Form 24/7 or utilize our 24-Hour Live Chat.
*Dollars recovered are cumulative and not indicative of individual case results. Each case is unique. Results depend on the facts and applicable law.
**Legal Services are provided by Montlick & Associates, P.C. and local associated law firms at no additional cost to you depending on the jurisdiction, and any specialized expertise required. For more information, click here.