For over 36 years, Montlick & Associates has fought for justice on behalf of bike accident victims and those who tragically lost loved ones due to the negligence of another. With billions of dollars recovered for our clients, Our Experience Pays!™*
If you have been injured or tragically lost a loved one in any type of accident, contact Montlick & Associates, Injury Attorneys, today for your free consultation. Contact us Nationwide, 24/7 at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333), or by simply dialing #WIN (#946) from your cellphone. You may also visit us at Montlick.com and contact us through our Free Case Evaluation Form or Free 24-hour live chat.**
Biking is a popular pastime for many people in the United States. However, despite how bike-friendly a state may be, accidents still happen. According to the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration, in a recent year, 857 bicyclists were killed in vehicular accidents in the United States. This is why it is critical for drivers and bicyclists alike to share the road and take precautionary measures to avoid accidents. Many bicycle accidents that occur across the nation could have been prevented, and when accidents happen, the consequences can be severe.
Bicyclists are likely to sustain injuries when struck by a vehicle since they are not protected like the occupants of an automobile. When a bicycle-related crash happens, it is vital that the bicyclist who sustained injuries discuss his or her case with an experienced Bicycle Accident Lawyer to determine if another person was responsible for causing the accident. Due to the fact that the injuries sustained in a bicycle accident are both debilitating and severe, a victim can face significant medical expenses, disability, lost income, pain and suffering, and more. Accordingly, if you were in a bicycle accident that was the result of another person’s negligent actions, it is vital that you contact the seasoned Bicycle Accident Lawyers at Montlick and Associates, Attorneys at Law, to learn more about your legal rights and options, as well as the how you can safeguard those rights.
It is critical for a knowledgeable Bicycle Accident Lawyer to evaluate what caused or contributed to your crash. There are numerous factors that are considered as part of an accident investigation, which include the following:
Given that there are many ways in which a bicycle crash can occur, the compassionate Bicycle Crash Attorneys at Montlick and Associates, Attorneys at Law, will review the facts and circumstances of what occurred during your accident in order to fight for the highest amount of monetary compensation allowable by law. A bicyclist who is injured in a bicycle crash because of someone else’s negligence should always file a police report, obtain medical attention, and if possible, take photos of the crash scene. If a person sustained severe injuries in a bicycle crash, it is obviously not always possible to follow these steps after a serious accident. Accordingly, hiring an attorney to represent you against the at-fault driver can be a critical stage to protecting your rights.
As with any type of automobile accident, a bicycle crash can result in serious and sometimes debilitating injuries. Such injuries and/or damage that bicyclists can sustain in an accident are as follows:
Damages are one of the most important factors in determining the value of a case, and are in part determined by the costs of medical care, the permanency and extent of the victim’s disability, the impact on the victim’s quality of life, and the extent of pain and suffering. Our attorneys pursue all of the types of monetary damages that our clients are entitled to recover. Depending on the facts of a case and the applicable law, these may include compensation for:
Oftentimes, there are serious and permanent repercussions associated with a bicycle accident, such as difficulty in getting back on your feet, physical and emotional pain and suffering, the inability to work, and your future may be uncertain. Our caring attorneys understand how a bicycle accident can seriously impact your life, which is why we fight hard on behalf of every client to maximize the amount of compensation of which they may be entitled. Contact Montlick and Associates, Attorneys at Law, today to learn more about your legal rights and options.
All types of legal claims are subject to “statutes of limitations” or legal time deadlines.
WARNING: Failing to comply with a statute of limitations will permanently bar your right to a recovery, an there are also exceptions that can shorten or even lengthen the deadline!
By way of example only, certain types of claims, such as claims against governmental entities, can have much shorter deadlines. In some cases, a combination of different types of legal claims may exist that involve different time frames, which may be due to multiple defendants and/or even the laws of more than one jurisdiction. As such, statutes of limitations vary from state to state, as well as depending on what types of claims are being asserted.
In the context of an automobile accident, injured victims’ own automobile policies (as well as those owned by members of the victim’s household family members) can provide additional insurance, such as uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, even if the victim’s vehicle was not involved in the accident. However, such policies commonly have timely notification requirements, meaning if a claim is not filed or the insurance company does not have formal notice within the contractually stated time period, the victim can lose the ability to pursue a claim against their own policy, which can be necessary for receiving substantial compensation. Due to the complexity involved in an analysis of all applicable deadlines, it is always best to get advice from an experienced attorney to ensure you comply with all requirements.
In addition to these legal and contractual deadlines, there are other reasons to act without delay: important evidence necessary for your case can disappear or become destroyed, or witnesses can go missing or forget what happened.
Our bicycle accident attorneys can examine the facts and circumstances relevant to your case to determine which statutes of limitations (deadlines) apply. We take the required actions to preserve all-important legal deadlines on behalf of our clients.
1. Treat your case as if it were our own. We'll treat you the same way we would want to be treated – as if it were our own case, or the case of a close friend or family member.
2. Protect you from powerful insurance companies. One of the first things the insurance adjuster will typically say is that you do not need an attorney. That's because the insurance company's goal is to pay you as little money as possible. And they know that injured people get substantially more money with an attorney representing them. With over 36 years of experience dealing with insurance companies, we can help you navigate through the insurance company minefields and avoid any traps.
3. Analyze your case at no charge to you. We'll evaluate your situation and advise you how to best protect your rights, at no charge to you. We invite you to call us 24 hours a day, including weekends and holidays to request a free consultation with one of our experienced personal injury lawyers. Or use our 24/7 online chat right here on our website.
4. Vigorously fight on your behalf in order to obtain all the compensation and benefits you deserve. There's always a lot at stake after a serious injury, and when our clients rely on us for help, we never take that situation lightly. We work extremely hard, and we will always do the right thing when it comes to our clients.
5. Give your case our personal attention. We tell our clients: "We want you to concentrate on getting well. We want to hear from you if you have any questions or concerns. We work for you, not the other way around."
6. Promptly return phone calls and keep you informed. We are sure you've heard about professionals who do not return phone calls. Or, perhaps you have spoken to people using other law firms who never knew what was going on with their case. That won't happen with us. We keep our clients well informed of important developments and routinely send copies of correspondence regarding their case.
7. Be there for you when you need us most. When our clients first call us after a serious injury, they're understandably really worried. And we say to them, "You don't have to do this alone." We'll take on the insurance company for you and help you get the money you deserve for your medical treatments, lost wages, car repairs and pain and suffering. That's the kind of help we've been giving for over 36 years.
8. Always treat you with dignity and respect. Our promise is to operate at all times with honesty, integrity, high moral character and unquestionable ethics. And we'll treat you with kindness and give you and your family the dignity and respect that you deserve.
Our attorneys fight hard to get our clients the compensation they deserve. No matter where you are located, we are just a phone call away. For your Free Consultation contact Montlick & Associates, Nationwide 24/7 at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or by simply dialing #WIN (#946) from your mobile phone. We also can be contacted at Montlick.com where you can submit a Free Case Evaluation Form 24/7 or utilize our 24-Hour Live Chat.
*Dollars recovered are cumulative and not indicative of individual case results. Each case is unique. Results depend on the facts and applicable law.
**Legal Services are provided by Montlick & Associates, P.C. and local associated law firms at no additional cost to you depending on the jurisdiction, and any specialized expertise required. For more information, click here.