Understanding Uber’s One Million Dollar Insurance Plan
June 6, 2018 (uber.com). According to uber.com, if you are online and third parties are injured, you will be covered by Uber’s $1 million insurance plan. The following discusses how it works.*
1.While you are online but have not yet accepted a ride request
When you are online, meaning you are using the Uber app on your phone, you are covered by Uber’s insurance if you cause an accident before accepting a ride request. While coverage varies per state, the following are at least:
- $50,000 per person/$100,000 per accident for bodily injury
- $25,000 per accident for property damage
If you are not at fault, you can use your Uber’s insurance to cover your damages, including damage to your car and personal injury. Your own insurance may also compensate you in such event.
2.You accept a ride request or you are on a trip
Uber covers you for three things when you accept a ride and are on a trip:
- Third party liability coverage – this kicks in if you are liable for damages to another driver, a pedestrian or property in the event of an accident. While coverage varies per state, it is at least $1,000,000 under Uber’s plan.
- Underinsured or uninsured motorist bodily injury coverage – this covers you or anyone else in your vehicle if someone else causes an accident and they are underinsured or uninsured. This also provides coverage for a hit and run accident.
- Contingent collision and comprehensive coverage –this covers your vehicle in case of an accident regardless of fault, so long as you have car insurance that includes collision coverage for that vehicle while you are not on an Uber trip. Coverage limit is up to the cash value of your vehicle. Keep in mind that there is a $1,000 deductible.
3. When offline
If you are offline, you are not covered by Uber’s insurance. Any accident that occurs would need to be covered by your personal auto insurance.
Put Our Law Firm's Over 35 Years Of Legal Experience To Work For Your Case!
The time you have to legally receive compensationis limited. Call Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law for your free consultation today. Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law has been representing those who suffer serious injuries throughout all of Georgia and in the Southeast for over 35 years, including but not limited to Albany, Athens, Atlanta, Augusta, Columbus, Gainesville, Macon, Marietta, Rome, Roswell, Savannah, Smyrna, Valdosta, Warner Robins and all smaller cities and rural areas in the state.
No matter where you are located our attorneys are just a phone call away, and we will even come to you. Call us 24 hours day/7 days a week for your Free Consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333). You can also visit us online at www.montlick.com and use our Free Case Evaluation Form or 24-hour live chat.
Sources: cited within
Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law
17 Executive Park Dr NE
Atlanta, GA 30329
Telephone: 1 (800) LAW-NEED
Telephone: 1 (404) 529-6333