All information provided about the law is very general in nature and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Every situation is different and should be analyzed by a lawyer who can provide individualized advice based on the facts involved in your unique situation, and a consideration of all of the nuances of the statutes and case law that apply at the time.
What kinds of injuries might indicate a nursing home abuse claim?
There are many signs that might be present if an elderly nursing home resident is being abused or neglected.
Some injuries that could have cause for a nursing home abuse case include:
- Malnutrition and dehydration
- Assaults and physical attacks
- Broken bones, fractures and head injuries because of lack of procedures to prevent falls
- Inadequate monitoring or unsafe condition of the premises
- Bed sores
- Infections from failure to treat pressure sores or illnesses
- Wrongful death
- Sexual assaults and rape
- Financial abuse
- Injuries caused by inappropriate physical or chemical restraint
- Improper medication or failure to administer required medication
- Emotional abuse because of isolation, verbal threats, intimidation, etc.