Augusta Trucking Accident Attorneys
Commercial trucking accidents involving tractor-trailers (i.e. semi-trucks, big-rigs) are unique compared to other motor vehicle accidents both because of the carnage that they can cause and the complexity involved in handling a trucking accident claim. When a 1.5 ton passenger vehicle collides with a fully loaded tractor-trailer, it often results in long periods of medical treatment and rehabilitation, astronomical medical bills and prolonged disability from employment. This can create enormous financial hardships which only intensify the anxiety that accompanies suffering serious injury in a motor vehicle collision. A tractor-trailer transporting the maximum load allowed under federal regulations can weigh 25 times more than a passenger car.
Although tractor-trailers represent a small fraction of the total number of motor vehicles on roadways, they are involved in a disproportionate number of fatal motor vehicle accidents. Approximately a third of all fatal motor vehicle accidents involve tractor-trailers, and hundreds of thousands of additional people are injured in trucking accidents annually. In tractor-trailer accidents involving serious injury or wrongful death, the party that suffers injury or death is an occupant of the passenger vehicle more than 95 percent of the time. There is an average of a half a million commercial trucking accidents throughout the U.S. per year according to the Department of Transportation.
Our experienced Augusta trucking accident lawyers at Montlick and Associates have been providing effective trucking accident legal representation since our law firm was founded. Our Augusta tractor-trailer law firm understands the complex issues that are relatively unique to commercial trucking accident claims. Trucking accidents involve a number of litigation challenges that require specific knowledge and experience including:
- Access of trucking companies to massive litigation resources
- Understanding the massive federal and state regulatory structure that governs the trucking industry
- Trucking industry practices of manipulating potential evidence, such as altering driver logbooks or erasing critical evidence stored on tractor-trailer data recorders
These are just a few of the complexities involved in Augusta trucking accidents that make it important to seek the legal advice and representation of an experienced Augusta tractor-trailer accident law firm. Our law firm combines familiarity with trucking regulations enacted by the Federal Motor Carrier Transportation Administration as well as other federal and state regulations with knowledge of the tactics used by trucking companies to evade liability in Augusta trucking accident cases. Trucking company practices that may be used by trucking companies to minimize or avoid liability include the following:
- Manipulation of driver logbooks that track critical issues like fatigue based on hours of service and maintenance issues
- Repairing and placing commercial trucks back in service so that evidence of vehicle damage and onboard data recorder information is lost
- Characterizing the driver and trucking company relationship as an independent contractor relationship rather than employment relationship in an attempt to avoid trucking company liability
- Attempting to shift responsibility to accident victims for Augusta trucking collisions
These types of issues make Augusta tractor-trailer accident litigation complicated. Our dedicated and committed tractor-trailer accident lawyers have been providing legal representation to Augusta trucking accident victims since 1984. If you are involved in a trucking accident you may suffer serious life-altering injuries including:
- Spinal cord injuries resulting in paraplegia or quadriplegia
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Closed head injuries
- Severe disfigurement
- Compound fractures and broken bones
- Damage to internal organs
- Amputation injuries
- Joint injuries including knee injuries
This type of severe injury can be debilitating and adversely impact your ability to engage in your occupation and impair mental and physical functioning. Severe injuries suffered in Mississippi tractor-trailer accidents can rob an accident victim of one’s ability to engage in even the simple pleasures of a walk on the beach with one’s significant other or the ability to carry one’s child. These types of severe injuries may also cause debilitating pain, significant emotional distress and staggering financial challenges.
If you or a close family member has suffered severe injuries or a loved one has died, the compassionate and dedicated Augusta 18 wheeler accident attorneys at Montlick and Associates may be able to obtain a broad spectrum of damages including the following:
- Expenses related to medical care
- Lost earnings
- Partial and total disability
- Loss of consortium
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
- Wrongful death – funeral and burial expenses
- Punitive damages in certain cases
Know your legal rights! If you or someone you love has been injured in an Augusta trucking accident, our experienced Augusta tractor-trailer accident attorneys at Montlick and Associates are committed to seeking the best possible outcome for our clients. We encourage you to schedule a free consultation because there is absolutely no obligation for us to evaluate your Augusta trucking accident claim. No matter where you are located our attorneys are just a phone call away, and we will even come to you. Call us 24 hours a day/7 days a week for your Free Consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333). You can also visit us online at www.montlick.com and use our Free Case Evaluation Form or 24-hour Live Online Chat.