Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Serving Athens, Georgia
Injured in a Motorcycle Accident in Athens? Learn How We Can Help
- Many motorcycle accidents involve serious injuries. A biker does not have the protection of a car around him/her when involved in a crash. Many times, the biker cannot even remember the event because of the injuries.
- Due to their size, other drivers may not see motorcycles. Other vehicles obscuring the view of the bike, weather or road conditions could cause this. Statistics indicate that this is an issue particularly at intersections – where a high percentage of motorcycles colliding with other types of vehicles occur.
- Motorcyclists are often blamed for higher rates for accidents due to misconceptions surrounding bikers.
- Bikers are more susceptible to roadway defects (pavement ridges, potholes, etc.) due to the size and design of a motorcycle versus a car.
- The most common cause of motorcycle collisions with cars is the failure of the other driver to detect and recognize motorcycles in traffic – the driver did not see the bike before the collision or saw the motorcycle too late to avoid a wreck.
All of this indicates that a complete investigation is needed with as little delay as possible. At Montlick and Associates, Attorneys at Law, our Athens motorcycle accident lawyers know how to investigate and represent injured bikers, no matter how complex the accident. We have assisted thousands of injured motorcyclists across Georgia for over 37 years.
What Injured Motorcyclists Need to Know:
Injuries to motorcycle riders involved in a crash can vary but serious injuries include traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, paralysis, chronic back and neck pain, and even death.
If you have been in an accident caused by another person or company, you should recognize that the insurance company is not on your side. As a for-profit business, an insurance company will seek to deny or minimize your claim. Our motorcycle accident lawyers fight insurance companies every day to obtain fair compensation for their injured clients.
Avoid accepting a quick settlement. Motorcycle accidents are serious events that can result in long-term injuries requiring costly care. An early settlement is unlikely to take into account the ongoing treatment or disability you may face after the crash. While a quick settlement can be tempting, it can also leave you struggling with years of uncompensated medical expenses and lost wages. If an insurance company is offering you money due to your crash, contact Montlick & Associates for advice before accepting a settlement.
How a Motorcycle Accident Attorney Can Help
A motorcycle accident is a traumatic event that can significantly impact your life and your future. Consulting with a motorcycle accident attorney at Montlick & Associates can prove vital to the success of your case. Motorcycle accidents can be caused by negligence on the part of a driver due to distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving, or disobeying traffic laws. At times, defective motorcycle parts can also play a role in the crash, giving rise to a product liability claim against the manufacturer or distributor of the defective part(s). Our motorcycle accident attorneys at Montlick and Associates, Attorneys at Law, will examine the facts and circumstances of your accident and advise you on what steps are necessary to protect your rights.
Compensation for Your Motorcycle Accident Injuries
If you have been injured in a motorcycle crash in Georgia, your right to recover compensation will depend on several factors, including the extent of your injuries, how strong the liability is, the location of the accident, particular laws and cases that are applicable to your situation, and other considerations. Bikers who have been injured by a negligent person or company can receive compensation for their medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages stemming from the accident. Do not delay in seeking legal assistance, as the amount of time you have to pursue a claim is limited.
Put Our Law Firm's Over 37 Years of Legal Experience to Work For Your Case!
If you or a loved one has been injured due in an Athens motorcycle accident, contact the Motorcycle Accident Lawyers at Montlick and Associates, Attorneys at Law. For over 37 years, our firm has assisted thousands of injured clients in Athens and throughout the State of Georgia. Our lawyers provide compassionate and knowledgeable representation and strive to achieve the best legal outcome for our clients within the bounds of the law. We offer you a free case review to explain your legal rights as well as the actions necessary to protect those rights.
No matter where you are located, our attorneys are just a phone call away, and we will even come to you. Call us 24 hours a day/7 days a week for your Free Consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333). You can also visit us online at www.montlick.com and use our Free Case Evaluation Form or 24-hour Live Online Chat.