The Truck Accident Attorneys Lawrenceville Trusts
The Truck Accident Attorneys Lawrenceville Trusts
You Focus on Healing. We’ll Focus on Winning.
When you’ve been involved in a severe truck accident, you’re most likely looking at medical bills, vehicle damage, and physical pain. Montlick will fight to ensure you receive compensation to cover the costs.
Call our team now, we’re live and standing by 24/7
Our team will immediately connect you with a Lawyer
Our team will immediately connect you with a Lawyer
Get a free Consultation
We will never ask for any form of payment during this consultation. We’re here to listen and advise.
Do you have a case?
Why Choose Montlick for Your Truck Accident Lawyer?
More than 40 years of experience.
Montlick has a strong reputation for a reason. Over the years, we’ve earned it as the firm that WINS for our clients and puts their needs first.
Billions of dollars recovered for clients.
We can’t stop car accidents from happening, but we can minimize their long-term impact. Montlick’s attorneys have recovered billions of dollars for clients just like you who need support after an injury.
Truck accidents can be devastating and have long-lasting effects on those involved in them. Many victims suffer from emotional distress and physical injuries that can take years to heal–if they ever do. Learning how to handle such sudden changes while trying to determine whether or not you’ll pursue a case is an added layer of stress that you do not need. On top of that, you’ll have the insurance company and the lawyers from the other involved parties attempting to contact you, offering a lowball settlement. You don’t have to take it, and you don’t have to go through this alone.
When you hire a Montick attorney, you get more than comprehensive and thorough legal representation. You get a team of advocates who genuinely care for your well-being. To ensure protection for your future, secure a legal team that will aggressively take on the at-fault party so that you walk away with money in your pocket and a feeling of justice.
Montlick: Representation You Can’t Afford to Go Without
Over 40 Years of Experience
You shouldn’t have to contend with bills for an injury that wasn’t your fault. You deserve justice for your truck accident and the support of a law firm that treats you like family. Montlick’s attorneys have been successfully recovering the maximum compensation for clients for decades.
Less Stress, More Money
When clients come to us after a crash with a commercial vehicle, we understand the physical, financial, and emotional obstacles they’re experiencing. Our attorneys have recovered billions of dollars for our clients. Let us fight for you, too.
The Montlick team is:
The Powerhouse Firm that Puts You First®
Your best interest will always be our primary focus. If you have been injured in a car accident in Conyers, call 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or dial #WIN (#946) from your mobile phone.
Understanding Truck Accidents in Lawrenceville
Truck accidents happen in all kinds of conditions all over the state. In 2022, there were 6,667 truck accidents in Georgia, and of that number, 218 were fatal. In many accidents, investigation is an important part of the process to see exactly what went wrong (and why). Our attorneys have more than 39 years of experience in collecting evidence. A Montlick attorney has the skills and dedication you need to get the justice you deserve. In general, common causes of truck accidents include:
- Truck drivers asleep at the wheel
- Drunk driving
- Reckless driving
- Aggressive driving
- Distracted driving
- Brake failure
- Poor road conditions
Do I Really Need an Attorney?
Studies have shown that insurance companies will award injury victims higher amounts of compensation when those victims have legal representation. Why is that? Because retaining a lawyer means having someone on your side who understands the law and is knowledgeable of the compensation you deserve, and fights for you. An aggressive Montlick trucking accident lawyer has the negotiating power to help victims obtain substantially greater compensation than they would if they took on the powerful trucking company alone.
Claims involving trucking and big insurance companies can be complicated issues of both state and federal law. You need a trial-tested attorney you can trust. Our lawyers are willing to go the distance–taking cases to court if that’s what’s necessary to win the full value of our client’s settlement.
What You Should Do After An Accident
Immediately following a car accident, the most important thing is your safety. Check yourself and others for injuries if you’re able, then get to a safe place away from the crash. Call 911 and request medical attention as soon as possible. Remember, many injuries may present later that are unseeable.
Essential steps to take after an accident include:
- Filing a police report
- Getting contact information from witnesses
- Taking pictures of the scene of the accident
- Contacting Montlick Injury Attorneys
What to Expect as a Client
In the days following the accident, your Montlick attorney will assist you in getting your claim started. Important aspects of your claim include:
- A follow-up doctor’s appointment
- Saving bills and documents related to your accident
- Telling your insurance company
Remember that various attorneys and insurance companies will try to speak with you after your accident. Only do so with your attorney present, or refer them to your attorney’s office. Don’t share any information–whatever you say to the insurance companies could be used against you later.
Determining Responsibility for Your Accident
Truck accidents are complicated. Even in some instances where fault seems clear, it may not actually be so cut and dry. When it comes to accidents involving commercial trucks, there could be multiple parties responsible for your injuries. Liable parties may include:
- Negligent drivers
- Carriers (e.g., the company that hires the driver)
- Companies whose products are being carried
- Manufacturing companies
- Local governments responsible for road upkeep
Suppose a driver is ordered to work when they’re overtired and have already clocked too many hours. In that case, a negligent company can be at fault. Similarly, negligent maintenance practices or faulty machine parts could mean another company or the vehicle or part manufacturer could be found liable.
What Happens if Multiple Parties Are Partially Responsible?
If multiple parties are found partially responsible for an incident, when neither party is more than 50% responsible, their liability will be weighed against one another depending on their respective fault percentages. For example, if one driver was 40% responsible while another was 60%, then only 60% of any award would go towards compensating that second driver’s losses resulting from the crash. Understanding these concepts can help inform your decisions when filing a claim after being involved in a truck accident in Lawrenceville.
What is The Statute of Limitations?
In Georgia, most personal injury claims must be brought within two years of the date the injury occurred or was discovered. This means that, generally, any lawsuit must be filed within two years, or else you will lose your right to pursue such damages in court. It is important to note that this two-year window begins from the day of the incident; even if you do not realize that you have been injured until days or weeks later, the statute of limitations still applies from the time of the crash.
However, there are always exceptions that can lengthen or shorten the deadline. A Montlick attorney can assess your circumstances and inform you if an extension can apply to your case.
What Types of Injuries Can Be Compensated?
The force of impact in a truck accident has the potential to cause severe injury or permanent disability. Although some can eventually heal, traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), spinal cord injuries, and others may result in long-term cognitive and physical impairments. Injury types that we handle include:
- Joint injuries of the shoulder or knee
- Head and neck injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Spinal cord injuries (paraplegia or quadriplegia)
- Brain damage impacting cognitive functioning
- Dislocations and hyper-extensions
- Wrongful death
Protecting Crucial Evidence
It’s critical to act quickly after an accident involving a truck. Trucking companies have aggressive insurance agents who will do everything possible to minimize your payment. Insurance companies will even go as far as to send their own investigators to the active crash scene, in some cases compromising evidence and causing some to be lost for good (whether intentionally or unintentionally). After the trauma of an accident, the last injustice you need is to receive less money than you deserve because the trucking company responsible for your injuries did a lousy job preserving evidence.
Some ways Montlick can preserve critical evidence after a truck accident include:
- Speaking with witnesses: Your attorney will work hard to track down valuable witnesses to your accident. This could include other motorists involved and first responders.
- Taking footage of the scene as soon as possible: We’ll document any visible damage to the vehicles involved in the crash and any skid marks left on the road. If applicable, our investigators will even meet you at the scene of the accident.
- Ensuring black box data isn’t deleted: Information contained in a truck’s black box can be highly valuable in determining the cause of the accident and assigning responsibility. Accident reconstruction experts rely heavily on the data from the black box to piece together the sequence of events that led up to the accident; we’ll fight to ensure this data doesn’t get deleted.
- Collecting all relevant medical records: Medical records are essential for establishing damages in a personal injury lawsuit. We ensure they’re preserved promptly in order for them to remain valuable throughout your legal proceedings.
Ensuring the at-fault party is held accountable for their negligence means recovering compensation after a Lawrenceville truck accident. To ensure you are awarded maximum compensation for your damages, you need an attorney who will fight for you tooth and nail. You need Montlick.
What Could My Compensation Cover?
Compensation for truck accident victims can include:
- Economic Damages: Victims of truck accidents may be able to recover compensation for any economic losses they have suffered due to the accident, such as lost wages, medical bills, and more.
- Non-Economic Damages: These types of damages are not directly related to financial losses but rather include pain and suffering, emotional distress, loss of companionship and enjoyment of life.
- Punitive Damages: If a truck driver was found to have acted recklessly or with gross negligence in causing an accident, victims may be able to pursue punitive damages as a way of punishing the at-fault party.
- Wrongful Death Damages: In cases where a victim dies due to the negligence or recklessness of another party, their family members may be able to seek wrongful death damages.
- Loss of Consortium Claims: If the victim’s spouse is unable to provide love and companionship due to injury or death caused by a trucking accident, they may make a claim for loss of consortium against the at-fault party.
We Win Big for Trucking Accident Victims
We believe comprehensive legal representation is a right, not a privilege. We never forget who we’re fighting for: you. Call Montlick nationwide 24/7 at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or dial #WIN (#946) from your mobile phone to arrange a FREE consultation.