Georgia Car Seat Safety Resources Links Page
Montlick & Associates' Georgia Car Seat Safety Resources Links Page
Keeping abreast of car seat safety information is important to ensuring you are taking the right steps when placing your child in a car seat. Children are always vulnerable, but are even more vulnerable at the age when they must be placed in a car seat. As such, the more you know when purchasing and using a car seat, the more likely it is that you are using a car seat as intended.
In order to gain as much knowledge as possible, you should consider utilizing any one or more of the following resources, that are important for both parents and caregivers in the state of Georgia:
These links provide valuable car seat resources for parents and caregivers.
- Safe Kids USA - Preventing injuries: at home, at play, and on the way
SeatCheck.org - 7 out of 10 kids in child safety seats are not properly buckled in
- SafeRideNews.com - Educational materials for the child passenger safety field
- CarSeat.org - Recalls and replacement parts
- Baby Center - When should my baby switch from a car seat to a booster seat?
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) - Child seats: Ease-of-use ratings dedicated to comparison and evaluation of child car seats
- Child safety: Is your child in the right car seat?
- Child seat recall campaign listing
- Vehicle owners: Safety complaints (file a complaint or search complaints)
- NHTSA Unveils Campaign to Prevent Child Heatstroke Deaths in Cars
Georgia Department of Public Health
Georgia Governor’s Office of Highway Safety
- Child passenger safety grantees
- Tips for using a child safety seat
- Child safety seat fitting locations in Georgia
- Child passenger safety data
Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IHHS)
- Booster evaluations for 2012
- Keeping children safe in crashes: Choosing the right type of restraint
- Q&A: Child passenger safety
- Seat belt and child restraint laws
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Child Passenger Safety: Fact Sheet
- Consumer news: Car seats
- Car seats: Ratings & recommended car seats
- Car seats: Price & Shop: Buy a car seat
The New York Times
The Wall Street Journal
- Safety agency probes complaints of children trapped in Graco seats
- Toyota and Cincinnati Children’s to donate 10,000 child car seats to families in need as part of Child Passenger Safety Education Campaign
If you intend to travel across the country, it is important to know the specific car seat laws in other states and adjust accordingly. A helpful link below:
Put Our Law Firm's Over 33 Years Of Legal Experience To Work For Your Case!
If you or a loved one has been injured in any type of accident caused by someone else's negligence, contact Montlick & Associates today for your free consultation with our experienced Auto Accident Lawyers in Georgia. Montlick & Associates has been representing those who suffer serious injuries throughout all of Georgia and in the Southeast for over thirty-three years, including but not limited to Albany, Athens, Atlanta, Augusta, Columbus, Gainesville, Macon, Marietta, Rome, Roswell, Savannah, Smyrna, Valdosta, Warner Robins and all smaller cities and rural areas in the state.
No matter where you are located our attorneys are just a phone call away, and we will even come to you. Call us 24 hours a day/7 days a week for your Free Consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333). You can also visit us online at www.montlick.com and use our Free Case Evaluation Form or 24-hour Live Online Chat.
Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law
17 Executive Park Dr NE
Atlanta, GA 30329
Telephone: 1 (800) LAW-NEED
Telephone: 1 (404) 529-6333