Trucking accidents typically tie up multiple lanes on a highway and may obstruct all lanes of traffic. Because of the massive size of a tractor-trailer, it is not unusual for other vehicles to find themselves involved in a collision when suddenly confronted with a trucking accident that has occurred in the roadway ahead.
These trucking accidents may be the result of negligence by the truck driver and trucking company or the driver of a passenger car, truck or SUV that caused the collision with the tractor-trailer. The wreckage that results from a truck-car collision often means that other vehicles become involved in the crash.
If you or someone you love has been involved in a serious Atlanta or Georgia accident with a commercial truck, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. Montlick has been representing those seriously injured and the families of those killed in trucking accidents and auto collisions throughout Georgia for over a quarter of a century. Our dedicated tractor-trailer accident lawyers work diligently in your best interests to obtain the best possible result in your Georgia auto accident case.
There are a number of contributing factors that may result in a commercial trucking crash with a passenger vehicle which turns the roadway into a dangerous place for all other vehicles on the road. These causes may include:
- The driver of the truck or passenger vehicle cutting the other driver off
- A truck driver’s failure to check his blind spots or “no zones” areas
- Driver of a passenger vehicle not permitting a tractor-trailer to merge onto the highway
- Lack of skill, attention or training of the driver of the tractor-trailer
- A negligent passenger vehicle driver who fails to observe traffic safety rules
- Leaving a passenger vehicle parked in the roadway so that it obstructs traffic
- Truck driver fatigue, distraction or use of drugs and/or alcohol
- A driver who is not paying full attention as a result of texting while driving, cell phone use or other distraction
These are just a few examples of the kinds of errors often made by driver’s of passenger vehicles and commercial trucks that can lead to serious trucking accidents which may tie up a freeway and make the roadway unsafe for hours. It is important that a driver always focus on the roadway and not engage in distracted driving practices, which can result in not observing a collision between a tractor-trailer and a passenger vehicle in front of you until it is too late. A driver who obeys the speed limit also reduces the risk of being involved in a multi-car pileup at the scene of a serious commercial trucking accident.
The mammoth weight of tractor-trailers makes the term “minor tractor-trailer accident” seem like a contradiction in terms. A person involved in a multi-car pile up involving a tractor-trailer faces a serious risk of suffering catastrophic injuries or wrongful death. If you or someone you love is involved in a collision involving a commercial truck, Montlick can help you seek the compensation you deserve.