Millions of car accidents occur each and every year across the country. According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety Highway Loss Data Institute, over 32,675 people were killed in car accidents in the year 2014. Car accidents can occur due to a wide variety of circumstances, but some types of accidents occur over and over again. However, knowing the most common types of accidents can help you to avoid them.
At Montlick and Associates, Attorneys at Law, our car accident lawyers in Atlanta assist clients injured in a wide range of car accidents across the state. We understand that a car accident can result in serious injuries and costly damages. Our firm seeks to assist the victims of car accidents and their families in obtaining a full monetary recovery for the damages caused to them by at fault drivers. The following is a look at the most common types of car accidents nationwide, among others:
- Rear-end accidents are considered the most common type of car accident, occurring to millions of drivers annually. Some drivers tend to tailgate, and when the car in front stops short, a rear-end accident can result. Such collisions can cause quite serious injuries.
- Single car accidents comprise approximately half of all accidents. These can occur due to slick road conditions, speeding, distraction and more. They might also happen when a driver backs into or hits an object, such as a tree or concrete barrier. If you are involved in a single vehicle accident, make sure you still call the police and wait for their arrival. Doing so is especially important if you are a passenger injured in such an accident, as you might have a claim against the driver.
- T-bone collisions will often occur at intersections. When one driver fails to stop at a red traffic light or signal, they can slam into a crossing vehicle, hitting the car on the side. Drivers are urged to use caution at intersections, slowing down to check that the intersection is clear even if they have a green light.
- Poor weather accidents can present extreme hazards for drivers. Fog, heavy rain, snow and sleet can create slick and less visible road conditions, sending drivers careening off of the road or into other vehicles.
- Sideswipe accidents can result when one vehicle changes into another one’s lane, particularly due to blind spots. In these accidents, a driver merges into another vehicle, often while traveling at considerable speeds. Such collisions are quite dangerous and can be avoided by carefully checking your blind spot and using your signal before merging.
Put Montlick and Associates’ Over 39 Years of Legal Experience to Work For Your Case!
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, you will likely need dedicated legal counsel to assist you with your potential case. The Atlanta Car Accident Lawyers at Montlick and Associates, Attorneys at Law, help accident victims and their families in Georgia and in the Southeast. Our firm has over 39 years of experience that we will bring to your case.
The sooner you act after your accident, the greater your chances are of reaching the best possible outcome. As such, it is important that you seek the assistance of a licensed lawyer as soon as possible. Call Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law, 24 hours a day/7 days a week for your Free Consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333). You can also visit us online at www.montlick.com and use our Free Case Evaluation Form or 24-hour Live Online Chat.