Athens Car Accident Lawyer
Our Athens car accident lawyers at Montlick and Associates have been seeking just compensation for Athens car accident victims for almost three decades. We know that an Athens car accident can cause crippling physical pain, grueling rehabilitation, extreme emotional stress and oppressive financial difficulties. These hardships that face Athens car accident victims can adversely impact many aspects of your live including your occupation, marriage, parenting and everyday activities. If you are the primary wage earner for you family, severe injuries suffered in an Athens car accident can put a family on the path to bankruptcy. Our Athens car accident attorneys have been dedicated to delivering effective legal representation to car accident victims since our firm was established in 1984.
While many people assume that car accidents are reasonably rare and only happen to other drivers, over 1.5 million people are injured in car accidents annually with another 32,000 dying in tragic collisions throughout the U.S. Many of these accidents are easily preventable because they are caused by negligent or reckless conduct, as a cursory examination of national car accident fatality statistics makes apparent:
- Drunk driving accounts for over 10,200 motor vehicle fatalities
- Almost 3,100 car accident deaths are caused by distracted driving
- More than half of all fatal car accidents involve vehicle occupants not wearing a seat belt
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports 75 percent of drivers admit to answering cell phones while driving without regard to traffic circumstances
These facts make clear that if all drivers exercised reasonable care when driving, many unnecessary injuries and wrongful deaths could be avoided. Athens car accidents may be caused by a vast multitude of causes including drug and alcohol impaired drivers, cell phone use for texting and talking while driving and violations of traffic laws pertaining to speeding, following distance, right of way, traffic control signals and other driving safety laws. Although the majority of Athens car accidents are caused by unsafe driving, some collisions are caused by vehicles with product defects or dangerous roads.
Although not every Athens car accident entitles an injury victim to financial compensation from another party, the actions that you take immediately following a collision may increase the probability that you can successfully seek damages. An injury victim who seeks immediate medical treatment may make it easier to prove the nature and extent of one’s injuries because there may be objective scans like x-rays, CT-scans, MRIs and other diagnostic evidence. An Athens auto accident victim can also strengthen a motor vehicle accident claim by seeking prompt legal advice. Insurance adjusters are skilled at negotiating motor vehicle accident claims and may lure unsuspecting accident victims into damaging their claim. Some of the tactics used by insurance adjusters may include:
- Requesting a signed release to obtain confidential records like employment and medical records
- Arranging a recorded statement that may be used to develop inconsistencies that compromise your claim
- Asking you to affirm facts that might minimize the seriousness of the accident or your injuries
- Seeking an executed general release of liability even for claims that you are not aware exist
- Attempting to settle the claim for far below its actual value
To successfully pursue a personal injury claim for injuries or the loss of a loved one in an Athens car accident, a plaintiff in an Athens car accident case must establish that the other driver was negligent, that the negligence of the driver caused the plaintiff’s injuries and that the victim suffered injuries and/or property losses (i.e. damages). Negligent conduct in the context of an Athens car accident essentially means unreasonably unsafe driving practices. The unsafe behavior must cause the injury meaning that proving another driver was drunk or speeding is not necessarily sufficient to establish liability. A plaintiff in an Athens car accident claim must establish it is more likely than not that the unsafe driving practice caused the collision and resulting injuries or fatalities. Where the conduct of the defendant in an Athens car accident case is particularly reckless, the judge or jury may even award punitive damages, which often exceeds the cumulative sum of all other types of damages.
Our Athens car accident law firm is not a “general practice firm”; we focus on tort (e.g. personal injury) cases so we have the experience and knowledge to successfully represent clients injured by many causes of car accidents including:
- Drivers distracted by electronic devices, grooming, eating, drinking, reading or reaching for an object
- Drivers impaired by narcotics, over-the-counter medications and prescription drugs
- Accidents caused by violation of basic traffic safety laws
- Motorists who do not drive safely in adverse weather conditions
- Forms of aggressive driving such as speeding and weaving in and out of traffic , street racing or tailgating
- Failure by government entities to repair road hazards or safely design roadways
- Automakers that produce defective automobiles
- Alcohol impaired drivers
- Inexperienced teen drivers
These factors and other similar accident risk factors can cause many types of collisions and create the risk of life-altering collisions that change the course of one’s life in the briefest of moments. The cause of the accident and type of vehicles involved can impact the evidence that is relevant and the severity of the injuries in a collision. Our Athens car accident attorneys represent clients in all types of motor vehicle collision cases including but not limited to the following:
- High impact head-on collisions
- Vehicles that run off the road
- Intersection T-bone crashes
- Vehicles that are sideswiped
- Pedestrian accident when backing up in driveways or parking lots
- Car-bicycle accidents
- Accidents involving privately and publically operated buses
- 15-Passenger van or SUV rollovers
- Rental car accidents
- Chain reaction pileups
- Accidents involving public transportation and taxis
- Motorcycle crashes
- Other pedestrian accidents
Our experienced Athens car accident lawyers offer the experience, expertise and resources often associated with large law firms delivered with the compassion, personalized service and reasonably prompt communication of a small law firm. We have represented hundreds of personal injury clients and know that treating a personal injury client with the cold indifference of a “personal injury file” only intensifies the anxiety and stress that is natural for car accident injury victims. State bar associations throughout the country report the number one complaint by clients is that their attorneys do not promptly return calls or provide reasonable communication regarding the progress of their case. Our Athens car accident attorneys work hard to provide relevant discovery of the facts, creative application of the law, winning legal strategies, solution oriented negotiation and persuasive courtroom advocacy.
Serious Athens car accidents can create significant life disruptions. Our law firm provides effective legal representation for many types of physical and psychological injuries. Some of the types of injuries that we may be able to seek compensation for include:
- Injuries to the head like traumatic brain injuries
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Injuries to the spinal cord that may cause partial or total paralysis
- Severe burns including third-degree burns (i.e. complete thickness burns)
- Severe fractures and broken bones
- Amputation of extremities
- Whiplash injuries affecting the neck, back and shoulder
- Wrongful death
When you lose someone you love in an Athens car accident or suffer life-altering injuries, we understand that we cannot give you back the love of a family member or restore the ability to hug your spouse and lift your child into your arms. Our Athens car accident attorneys seek the compensation our clients need to deal with the financial crisis that many car accident victims face in the form of medical expenses and disability from employment. We also can handle communications and negotiation with insurance adjusters and the legal procedures necessary to protect your Athens car accident claim.
We routinely seek both special and general damages for our Athens auto accident clients. Special damages refer to damages that are essentially economic damages like medical expenses, lost income, vehicle damage and lost future earning capacity. General damages refer to more abstract damages like compensation for pain and suffering and diminished enjoyment of life. While there are other types of damages that may be available to an Athens car accident victim, the specific damages available in your personal injury claim depends on the specific facts and circumstances of your claim.
Know your legal rights! If you or someone you love has been injured in an Athens auto accident, our experienced Athens auto accident lawyers at Montlick and Associates are committed to seeking the best possible outcome for our clients. We encourage you to schedule a free consultation because there is absolutely no obligation for us to evaluate your Athens auto accident claim. No matter where you are located our attorneys are just a phone call away, and we will even come to you. Call us 24 hours a day/7 days a week for your Free Consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333). You can also visit us online at www.montlick.com and use our Free Case Evaluation Form or 24-hour Live Online Chat.