Lawyers for Catastrophic Injury Victims in Savannah
Maximizing Settlements, Minimizing Stress
The life-changing effects a catastrophic injury has on a victim is often irreparable. Beyond the physical and emotional burden catastrophic injury can create, a new and overwhelming financial burden develops.
You shouldn’t have to take on that burden alone. At Montlick, we hold those responsible for your accident accountable and aim to maximize the compensation you’re entitled to so you can focus on moving forward.
We handle cases of all sizes, shapes and complexities. We know the importance of getting you the financial compensation you need to adjust to your new reality, and that’s why we take our job as your advocate so seriously. We’ve won billions of dollars for our personal injury clients, and have the experience needed to get you the money you deserve, too.
SEE IF YOU QUALIFY
Do you have a case?
Real Help Begins Here®
A Top-Rated Law Firm
Our firm has a track record of success in obtaining favorable settlements and verdicts for our clients and we are committed to maximizing compensation for accident victims.
Committed to your recovery
When clients come to us after a construction accident, we understand the physical, financial, and emotional stress they’re experiencing. That’s why we’re here — to minimize your stress and maximize the money in your pocket.
We Promise to Always:
- Act with integrity
- Communicate compassionately and frequently
- Work in your best interest
- Fight for what’s right, not what’s easy
- Savannah, GA Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer
- Augusta, GA Spinal Cord Injury Lawyers
- Atlanta, GA Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Atlanta, GA Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer
- Columbus, GA Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer
- Athens, GA Wrongful Death Lawyers
- Macon, GA Wrongful Death Lawyers
- Athens, GA Spinal Cord Injury Lawyers
- Macon, GA Spinal Cord Injury Lawyers
- Columbus, GA Wrongful Death Lawyer
Catastrophic Injury Attorneys Serving Savannah
What Makes an Injury 'Catastrophic'?
Accidents resulting in catastrophic injury can completely alter the course of a victims life. Catastrophic injuries are injuries that result in permanent or long-term disability, requiring extensive medical care and rehabilitation. Understanding the types of injuries that can occur in various accidents can help individuals take preventative measures and seek appropriate medical attention if an accident occurs.
Catastrophic injuries refer to injuries that have a severe impact on the victim’s life, resulting in long-term or permanent disability. Some of the most common types of catastrophic injuries include:
Catastrophic Injury & Accident Attorneys Serving Savannah, Georgia
Montlick Fights For You
Our attorneys are dedicated to aggressively pursuing your case.
Common Catastrophic Injury Claims We Handle
Spinal Cord Injuries
Spinal cord injuries occur when the spinal cord is damaged during an accident, resulting in partial or complete paralysis. Victims may experience difficulty with movement, sensation, and bodily functions. Spinal cord injuries are particularly devastating, as they often require ongoing medical care and rehabilitation, and can result in permanent disability.
Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI)
Traumatic brain injuries are one of the most common types of catastrophic injuries that can result from an accident. These injuries occur when the head is struck during an accident, causing damage to the brain. Depending on the severity of the injury, victims may experience a range of symptoms, including memory loss, mood changes, and difficulty with coordination. In severe cases, TBI can result in permanent disability and a need for ongoing medical care and rehabilitation.
In severe accidents, victims may suffer amputations, which can have a significant impact on their quality of life. Amputations can result in long-term rehabilitation and the need for prosthetic devices. Victims may experience emotional trauma, as well as physical pain and discomfort, as they adjust to their new life without a limb.
Burns can occur when fire is involved in an accident. These injuries can cause severe pain, scarring, and disfigurement. Burn victims may require extensive medical treatment, including skin grafts and ongoing rehabilitation. In severe cases, burn injuries can result in permanent disability.
Internal injuries are another common type of catastrophic injury that can occur in accidents. These injuries occur when organs or tissues are damaged during an accident, and can result in significant bleeding and other life-threatening complications. These injuries may require emergency surgery and ongoing medical care, and victims may experience permanent disability as a result of their injuries.
In Savannah, Georgia, traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, amputations, burn injuries, and internal injuries are among the most common and serious injuries that can occur in accidents. By understanding the types of injuries that can occur and taking preventative measures, personnel can help keep themselves and others safe. If an accident does occur, seeking prompt medical attention can help prevent catastrophic injuries from worsening. By being proactive, we can work together to reduce the occurrence of catastrophic injuries.
Montlick is Here For You
If you have suffered catastrophic injuries in Savannah, Georgia, it is crucial to retain the services of an experienced Catastrophic Injury attorney. By working with an attorney, you can focus on your recovery while they handle the legal aspects of your case.
What Compensation Could Look Like for You
When a person suffers catastrophic injuries due to the actions or negligence of another party, they may be entitled to financial compensation for their losses. In Savannah, Georgia, victims may be entitled to pursue different types of damages and compensation through a settlement or personal injury lawsuit. The types of damages and compensation that a victim can pursue will depend on the specific circumstances of their case. Here are a few examples of commonly sought damages:
1. Medical Expenses
Often, catastrophic injury victims can pursue compensation for their medical expenses, including the cost of hospitalization, surgery, medication, rehabilitation, and ongoing medical care. This compensation can help cover the cost of current and future medical bills related to the victim’s injuries.
2. Lost Income
If a victim’s injuries prevent them from working, they may be entitled to compensation for lost income. This compensation can help cover the wages or salary that the victim would have earned had they not been injured. Victims may also be able to pursue compensation for lost earning capacity if their injuries prevent them from working in the future.
3. Pain and Suffering
Catastrophic injury victims may be entitled to compensation for their pain and suffering. This compensation can cover physical pain, emotional distress, and mental anguish caused by the accident and the victim’s injuries.
4. Loss of Consortium
If the victim’s injuries affect their relationship with their spouse, the spouse may be entitled to compensation for loss of consortium. This compensation can cover the loss of companionship, intimacy, and other benefits of the marital relationship.
5. Punitive Damages
In some cases, catastrophic injury victims may be entitled to punitive damages. Punitive damages are intended to punish the at-fault party for particularly reckless or malicious behavior and to deter others from engaging in similar behavior in the future.
During life's most difficult moments, Montlick helps you move forward.Get Help Now
How a Lawyer Can Serve You
If you have suffered catastrophic injuries in Savannah, Georgia, it is essential to retain the services of an experienced catastrophic injury attorney. There are several reasons why retaining an attorney is crucial in these types of cases.
- Protect Your Legal Rights – An experienced attorney can help protect your legal rights and ensure that you receive fair compensation for your injuries. They can navigate the complex legal system and negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.
- Maximize Your Compensation – A skilled attorney can help maximize your compensation by identifying all potential sources of financial recovery, including insurance policies, and pursuing all available damages. They can help calculate the value of your case and fight for the maximum compensation for all past and future medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages.
- Navigate the Legal Process – Catastrophic injury cases can be complex, and the legal process can be overwhelming. An experienced attorney can navigate the legal process on your behalf, including meeting the complicated legal time deadlines, filing motions in court, conducting investigations, and preparing for trial.
- Prove Liability – Proving liability in a catastrophic injury case can be challenging. An attorney can help investigate the accident, gather evidence, and interview witnesses to prove liability. They can work with accident reconstruction experts to determine the cause of the accident and identify all responsible parties.
- Relieve Your Burden- Dealing with catastrophic injuries from an accident can be emotionally challenging. An experienced attorney can provide emotional support and guidance throughout the legal process. They can help you understand your legal rights, answer your questions, and provide compassionate support during this difficult time.