Athens, Georgia Car Wreck Injury Lawyers
After a Car Crash, Move Forward with Montlick
You don’t have to get through this alone.
You’re in pain, possibly out of work, and not sure where to turn to get the money you need to move on from your car accident. It’s overwhelming and you have enough on your plate without having to deal with the complicated and intentionally confusing insurance claims process. That’s where we come in.
We’ve Got You After an Accident Injury
We’ve seen the impact of car wrecks on our clients’ physical, emotional, and financial well-being. We know how to fight for the full value of your case and know what it takes to win.® That’s why we’ve been winning for over 39 years. See what we can do for you today.
SEE IF YOU QUALIFY
Do you have a case?
Ready to Fight for You
SEE IF YOU QUALIFY
Do you have a case?
Putting the Needs of Our Clients First. Always.
Clear, consistent communication
There’s nothing more frustrating than putting your fate in someone else’s hands and not knowing what’s happening every step of the way. At Montlick, we keep you informed of your case at every turn, always returning calls and emails promptly and thoroughly.
We battle the big businesses
Insurance companies make money by minimizing their payouts. They’re armed with a team of lawyers that know every loophole there is. It’s impossible to take these companies on by yourself. That’s where we come in. We know their tricks and we always fight for your best interest.
We promise to always:
- Act with integrity
- Communicate compassionately and frequently
- Work in your best interest
- Fight for what’s right, not what’s easy
- Atlanta, GA Car Accident Lawyer
- Lawrenceville, GA Car Accident Lawyer
- Jonesboro, GA Car Accident Lawyer
- Douglasville, GA Car Accident Lawyer
- Conyers, GA Car Accident Lawyer
- Marietta, GA Car Accident Lawyers
- Savannah, GA Car Accident Lawyer
- Columbus, GA Uninsured Motorist Insurance Claim Lawyer
- Augusta, GA Car Accident Lawyers
- Albany, GA Car Accident Lawyers
Athens Car Accident Lawyers
We Protect You From Powerful Insurance Companies
Although not every Athens car accident entitles an injury victim to financial compensation from another party, the actions that you take immediately following a collision may increase the probability that you can successfully seek damages.
An injury victim who seeks immediate medical treatment may make it easier to prove the nature and extent of one’s injuries because there may be objective scans like x-rays, CT-scans, MRIs and other diagnostic evidence. An Athens auto accident victim can also strengthen a motor vehicle accident claim by seeking prompt legal advice. Insurance adjusters are skilled at negotiating motor vehicle accident claims and may lure unsuspecting accident victims into damaging their claim. Some of the tactics used by insurance adjusters may include:
- Requesting a signed release to obtain confidential records like employment and medical records
- Arranging a recorded statement that may be used to develop inconsistencies that compromise your claim
- Asking you to affirm facts that might minimize the seriousness of the accident or your injuries
- Seeking an executed general release of liability even for claims that you are not aware exist
- Attempting to settle the claim for far below its actual value
Car Wreck Injury Lawyers Serving Athens, GA
Right From the Start
From your first free call, our lawyers are here to advise you on all your legal options after a car accident injury.
Serious Athens car accidents can create significant life disruptions. Our law firm provides effective legal representation for many types of physical and psychological injuries. Some of the types of injuries that we may be able to seek compensation for include:
- Injuries to the head like traumatic brain injuries
- Injuries to the spinal cord that may cause partial or total paralysis
- Severe burns including third-degree burns (i.e. complete thickness burns)
- Severe fractures and broken bones
- Whiplash injuries affecting the neck, back and shoulder
- Wrongful death
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
When you lose someone you love in an Athens car accident or suffer life-altering injuries, our Athens car accident attorneys seek the compensation our clients need to deal with the financial crisis that many car accident victims face in the form of medical expenses and disability from employment.
We routinely seek both special and general damages for our Athens auto accident clients. Special damages refer to damages that are essentially economic damages like medical expenses, lost income, vehicle damage and lost future earning capacity. General damages refer to more abstract damages like compensation for pain and suffering and diminished enjoyment of life. While there are other types of damages that may be available to an Athens car accident victim, the specific damages available in your personal injury claim depends on the specific facts and circumstances of your claim.
It's What We Do
Winning is what we do. Caring is who we are.™ We know the ins and outs of car accident cases and what it takes to win. See how we can help you after a car wreck.
Importance of Establishing Negligence
To successfully pursue a personal injury claim for injuries or the loss of a loved one in an Athens car accident, a plaintiff (the injured party) in an Athens car accident case must establish that the other driver was negligent, that the negligence of the driver caused the plaintiff’s injuries and that the victim suffered injuries and/or property losses (i.e. damages). Negligent conduct in the context of an Athens car accident essentially means unsafe driving practices.
A plaintiff in an Athens car accident claim must establish it is more likely than not that the unsafe driving practice caused the collision and resulting injuries or fatalities. Where the conduct of the defendant in an Athens car accident case is particularly reckless, the judge or jury may even award punitive damages, which often exceeds the cumulative sum of all other types of damages.
We Know Car Accidents
The Money You Need
Our Athens car accident law firm is not a “general practice firm.” We stick to one area of practice–personal injury– to ensure that our attorneys hone their expertise in that area and perform at their very best. Much like you wouldn’t want an eye doctor to perform kidney surgery even though they are both technically doctors, we believe that focusing our practice only on personal injury allows us to provide excellent service to our clients. We have the experience and knowledge to successfully represent clients injured by many types of car accidents including:
- Drivers distracted by electronic devices, grooming, eating, drinking, reading or reaching for an object
- Drivers impaired by narcotics, over-the-counter medications and prescription drugs
- Accidents caused by violation of basic traffic safety laws
- Motorists who do not drive safely in adverse weather conditions
- Forms of aggressive driving such as speeding and weaving in and out of traffic, street racing or tailgating
- Failure by government entities to repair road hazards or safely design roadways
- Automakers that produce defective automobiles
- Alcohol-impaired drivers
- Inexperienced teen drivers
These factors and other similar accident risk factors can cause many types of collisions and create the risk of life-altering injuries. The cause of the accident and type of vehicles involved can impact the evidence that is relevant and the severity of the injuries in a collision. Our Athens car accident attorneys represent clients in all types of motor vehicle collision cases including but not limited to the following:
- High impact head-on collisions
- Vehicles that run off the road
- Intersection T-bone crashes
- Vehicles that are sideswiped
- Accidents involving pedestrians
- Car-bicycle accidents
- Accidents involving privately and publicly operated buses
- 15-Passenger van or SUV rollovers
- Rental car accidents
- Chain reaction pileups
- Accidents involving public transportation and taxis
- Motorcycle crashes
- and more
Get Started NowFree Call with a Montlick Attorney
Providing a Personalized Legal Help
Our experienced Athens car accident lawyers offer the experience, expertise and resources often associated with large law firms, but we deliver this with the compassion, personalized service and prompt communication of a small law firm. We have represented thousands of personal injury clients and know that a critical part of our job is not only to maximize your money, but also to minimize your stress while you heal. To us, you will always be a person, not just a case number.
State bar associations throughout the country report the number one complaint by clients is that their attorneys do not promptly return calls or provide reasonable communication regarding the progress of their case. We pride ourselves on our frequent and meaningful communication with clients.
Doing Our Part
Commitment to our community is a huge part of who we are as a firm. We see the devastating consequences of distracted driving every day. That’s why we’re doing our part to help end dangerous driving practices in the state.
Dangers of Distracted Driving
While many people assume that car accidents are reasonably rare and only happen to other drivers, over 1.5 million people are injured in car accidents annually with another 32,000 dying in tragic collisions throughout the U.S. Many of these accidents are easily preventable because they are caused by negligent or reckless conduct, as a cursory examination of national car accident fatality statistics makes apparent:
- Drunk driving accounts for over 10,200 motor vehicle fatalities
- Almost 3,100 car accident deaths are caused by distracted driving
- More than half of all fatal car accidents involve vehicle occupants not wearing a seat belt
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports 75 percent of drivers admit to answering cell phones while driving without regard to traffic circumstances
These facts make clear that if all drivers exercised reasonable care when driving, many unnecessary injuries and wrongful deaths could be avoided. Athens car accidents may be caused by a vast multitude of causes including drug and alcohol impaired drivers, cell phone use for texting and talking while driving and violations of traffic laws pertaining to speeding, following distance, right of way, traffic control signals and other driving safety laws. Although the majority of Athens car accidents are caused by unsafe driving, some collisions are caused by vehicles with product defects or dangerous roads.
Frequently Asked Questions
Answers After a Car Accident
Your Athens, GA Car Accident Attorneys
Help when you need it, where you need it.