Villa Rica Auto Accident Attorneys
Although drivers in Villa Rica might see more traffic and congestion, especially during rush hour, less populated areas may have drivers travel at much higher speeds, which increases the likelihood of accidents and fatalities. If you get into a car accident in Villa Rica or surrounding areas that result in serious injuries or wrongful death, you should know that these injuries can mean a long physical, emotional and financial recovery time. Many people who have been involved in car accidents in the Villa Rica area have lost their jobs, cars, homes or other assets when they could have saved themselves these financial losses and heartache if they had hired a qualified Villa Rica car accident lawyer right after their accident.
What can a Villa Rica car accident lawyer do for you? A lawyer who specializes in car accidents understands the hardships that result from car accidents and will immediately go to work for you to seek the financial compensation that you may be due after your Villa Rica car accident. These funds can be used for potential medical care, therapy, rehabilitation and a high quality of life. Our experienced Villa Rica auto accident attorneys possess both the case experience and extensive financial resources to help pursue the financial compensation that is due you.
If you’ve been in a serious car accident in the Villa Rica area and have not sought out legal representation yet, time is of the essence in retaining legal services because insurance companies have been known to exploit people without legal representation. This can mean mistakes that result in losing one’s rights to any compensation that may have been justified by your injuries. Sadly, some insurance companies are well known for using unethical or unfair tactics and strategies to reduce the number and amount of auto accident claims. Some of the tactics that these unscrupulous insurance companies use may include:
- Delaying Tactics: Insurance company representatives are savvy; they understand that victims of serious car accidents will most often be facing high medical bills and also the loss of income. They often exploit those hardships by prolonging the car accident settlement until the financial strain and pressure becomes so great that the Villa Rica car accident victim will be left with no other choice but to settle his or her accident claim for a lot less than expected.
- Release of Liability: Another strategy that insurance companies have been known to use is to ask a car accident victim to sign a release of liability with a very small settlement that does not begin to cover the accident victim's injuries and rehabilitation that will be needed after the car accident. One of the biggest problems that come with signing a release of liability form is that accident victims may have no idea that they are signing away potential claims to other injuries, which they may not even be aware resulted from the Villa Rica car accident.
- Misrepresentation: Insurance company adjusters also have been known to contact car accident victims to get “their side of the story” so they can help to settle the accident victim’s claim. Many car accident victims who have been involved in car accidents within the Villa Rica area will not hesitate to tell an adjuster what happened in the accident, but the reality is that their statement can be used against them to minimize or even deny their claim. Car accident victims should never disclose the details of their car accident with an insurance company adjuster before they obtain the advice of a highly skilled Villa Rica car accident lawyer. By consulting with a Villa Rica car accident lawyer first, the accident victim can avoid making a disclosure based on feelings of sadness or guilt about being involved in a collision.
- Taking Advantage of Ignorance: Many adjusters who work for major insurance companies take advantage of a car accident victim’s ignorance regarding the value of an auto accident claim. Anyone who has been involved in a Villa Rica area car accident should consult with a qualified Villa Rica car accident lawyer to avoid getting taken advantage of by a crafty insurance company adjuster. Experienced insurance adjusters may employ persuasive arguments to convince you that your car accident claim is not worth much. Even if a car accident victim is involved in a low impact car accident, which resulted in a whiplash injury, that injury could cause serious pain that can debilitate an accident victim for months.
- Statute of Limitations: Any car accident claim in Villa Rica generally must be filed within two years in most situations; this time period is known as the “Statute of Limitations. The calculation of this time limit can be complicated, and sometimes there are even shorter deadlines so it is important not to delay in seeking legal advice. Insurance company adjusters have been known to drag out communications or negotiations so that the accident victim fails to comply with the statute of limitations. A Villa Rica car accident lawyer will pay careful attention to mandatory timing deadlines.
These examples are just a few cases of unfair insurance company tactics that an experienced Villa Rica car accident lawyer can help you to avoid. When you hire a skilled car accident attorney, you can also have confidence that you will be protected if you were involved in any of these types of accidents:
- Accidents due to distractions while driving
- Drivers that are intoxicated or under the influence of illegal or legal drugs
- A car accident involving a bicycle
- Car accidents resulting from not keeping up with vehicle maintenance
- Violations of traffic safety laws that prohibit tailgating, speeding, running red lights, talking on a cell phone, or aggressive driving
- Collisions caused by unlicensed drivers
- Tractor-trailer or motorcycle accidents
- Failure to modify your driving due to weather conditions
- Accidents involving a commuter bus, school bus or other public transportation service
Car accidents happen for all types of reasons in Villa Rica, especially when drivers are inconsiderate, unsafe or not attentive, and these accidents can result in severe injuries that can be debilitating. If you have been involved in a Villa Rica car accident, you owe it to yourself to hire a Villa Rica car accident lawyer because they may be able to seek compensation to cover:
- Lost income, salary or wages
- Any future loss of your income that is a result of your car accident
- All expenses that are related to your medical care, potential hospitalization or on-going treatment
- Damages that are due you for pain, emotional distress or suffering
- Impairment of your life’s enjoyments including damage to your marriage
- Loss of your household services
- Damage to your property
- Damages like burial or funeral costs that result from wrongful death
- Punitive damages
If you were involved in a Villa Rica auto accident, you should not wait to call our Villa Rica auto accident law firm today. If you are injured or someone you love dies because of a Villa Rica auto collision caused by a careless or inattentive driver, our experienced Villa Rica auto accident lawyers may be able to answer your questions and advise you regarding your legal rights and remedies. Call now for a FREE CONSULTATION with Montlick and Associates' experienced Villa Rica auto accident attorneys. Our attorneys are available to help you and may even visit you if needed. You can call us anytime 24/7 at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) for your FREE CONSULTATION. Alternatively, you can visit our website, www.montlick.com, to make use of our FREE CASE EVALUATION FORM or 24-hour live online chat service.