Pedestrian Accident Lawyers Serving Tennessee (TN)
Pedestrian Accident Lawyers Fighting to Obtain Justice for Pedestrian Victims of Negligent Motorists in Tennessee
Our Attorneys Stand Up for Pedestrians to Achieve Justice and Maximum Compensation under Law
We Know What It Takes to Win™ Pedestrian Injury Claims
For over 38 years, Montlick & Associates has fought for justice on behalf of injured victims and their families. We understand the immense hardship that victims and their families face after being injured because of someone else’s negligence. Our attorneys fight hard on behalf of each client to recover the compensation they deserve and offer exceptional client service. Our Experience Pays!™. In fact, over the years, our lawyers have recovered billions of dollars for our clients.*
If you have been injured or lost a loved one in a pedestrian accident caused by someone else’s negligence, contact Montlick & Associates, Injury Attorneys, today for your free consultation.** Contact us Nationwide, 24/7 at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333), or by simply dialing #WIN (#946) from your cellphone. You may also visit us at Montlick.com and contact us through our Free Case Evaluation Form or Free 24-hour live chat.
Tennessee Pedestrian Accident Claims
Despite a consistent decrease in traffic injury and fatality statistics in recent decades, the number of pedestrian fatalities has increased in recent years. Pedestrian collisions have accounted for approximately one in eight traffic accident related deaths over a recent ten-year period. The likely reason for this is that pedestrians are more susceptible to severe injury than when involved in multivehicle accidents because of the sheer force of a vehicle striking a person.
Any motor vehicle accident can result in severe injuries, but pedestrians lack the protection of reinforced passenger compartments, seatbelts, crash avoidance systems, and air bags. This vulnerability of pedestrians often means that people struck by cars are more likely to experience severe, debilitating injuries. Our attorneys understand the hardship that pedestrian accident injury victims endure, including staggering medical bills, prolonged periods of time off work, disability, pain and suffering and other hardships. When such injuries are the result of someone else’s negligence, victims deserve justice.
Our pedestrian injury lawyers have extensive experience and legal knowledge regarding the common forms of negligent conduct behind pedestrian accidents and the defense strategies used by insurance carriers. Under Tennessee Law, drivers must yield the right of way at all intersections and driveways, but pedestrians must act responsibly as well, obeying all pedestrian traffic signals and using sidewalks when available. However, under Tennessee Code § 55-8-136, drivers are also required to exercise due care to avoid children as well as confused or otherwise incapacitated persons in the roadway. They also must give warning by sounding their horn in order to avoid pedestrians.
In our experience, however, we have noticed that pedestrians are at a disadvantage at accident scenes. Given the often severe nature of the injuries associated with these types of accidents, pedestrian victims are often taken away by ambulance before talking to the officer. In such cases, their side of the story may not be initially considered. Additionally, police officers, who protect us and document these accidents, often unintentionally treat pedestrians unfairly. For example, an officer may find a pedestrian at fault for wearing dark clothing at night, but without investigating whether or not the driver could have prevented the accident.
Our pedestrian injury lawyers serving Tennessee statewide understand how to prove the liability of negligent parties who injure pedestrians and how to pursue the full value of injury claims under applicable law. To pursue these goals, based on the facts of the case, we make sure to preserve all important scene evidence and camera footage (if it exists), interview witnesses, and, when appropriate, retain accident reconstruction experts. Our attorneys know the nuances of the claims and legal processes and work to protect our clients’ rights so that they can focus on getting well.
If you or a family member has suffered an injury while navigating Tennessee streets on foot because a driver was texting, impaired by drugs or alcohol, speeding, or otherwise driving unsafely, speak to one of our attorneys today. We can explain your legal rights as well as what steps are necessary to protect those rights. Contact us at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333),or dial #WIN (#946)for your Free Consultation. We also can be reached on the web by submitting a Free Case Evaluation Form or Free 24-hour live chat at www.Montlick.com.
Why You Must Act Quickly to Secure Your Legal Rights – Strict Deadlines for Pursuing a Claim
Tennessee law generally requires that a personal injury claim be filed or resolved within one year from the date of the incident, subject to exceptions that can lengthen or shorten the deadline, so it is best to consult with an attorney without delay! By way of example only, claims against governmental entities or municipalities involve shorter deadlines. WARNING: Failure to meet any critical deadline will permanently bar your right to pursue a monetary recovery. Statutes of limitation also vary from state to state. In some cases, a combination of different types of legal claims may exist that involve different time frames, which may be due to multiple defendants and/or even the laws of more than one jurisdiction.
In addition to legal deadlines, there are other reasons not to delay. For example, in auto accident cases, families are often surprised to learn that their own household auto insurance policies may contain valuable coverage for accidents caused by uninsured/underinsured motorists. However, these policies commonly contain contractual notification provisions which, if lapsed, can result in denial of valuable coverage.
Delays in pursuing personal a injury claim also can result in loss of important evidence. Witnesses' memories tend to become less accurate as time passes, and other types of evidence might become more expensive to acquire or disappear entirely. Our Pedestrian Accident Attorneys serving Tennessee can evaluate your situation and alert you regarding all deadlines and other procedural requirements to pursue your claim. Our attorneys protect our clients’ cases from all important legal and contractual deadlines, and work to make sure all important evidence is preserved when appropriate.
Assessing the Value of Your Pedestrian Injury Claim
Every case turns on its own unique facts, and we seek ALL types of damages that our clients are entitled to by law, which can include:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Past and future lost income
- Decreased earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium
- Punitive damages, when the defendant acted recklessly or intentionally
- Wrongful death and survival damages, including the loss of value of the decedent’s life, as well as funeral and burial expenses
An assessment of case value is a critical stage to any personal injury claim, but the value of a claim usually cannot be determined at the outset of a case. Since each individual claim is unique, the amount of compensation each client receives depends on multiple factors, such as, for example, where the accident occurred, the fact and circumstances of what happened, the strength of liability, the likeability and credibility of the witnesses to a jury, and others. Additionally, the amount of the injured person’s medical expenses, the nature and extent of the injury, whether the victim is temporarily or permanently disabled as a result of the injury, the impact on the victim’s quality of life, and the extent of pain and suffering are also important to determining a case’s value. Once all evidence is assembled, we can normally provide a predicted range of case value.
Montlick & Associates - Fighting Hard & Winning Cases™since 1984
- Our Promise to You
- Treat your case as if it were our own. We'll treat you the same way we would want to be treated – as if it were our own case, or the case of a close friend or family member.
- Protect you from powerful insurance companies. One of the first things the insurance adjuster will typically say is that you do not need an attorney. That's because the insurance company's goal is to pay you as little money as possible. And they know that injured people get substantially more money with an attorney representing them. With over 36 years of experience dealing with insurance companies, we can help you navigate through the insurance company minefields and avoid any traps.
- Analyze your case at no charge to you. We'll evaluate your situation and advise you how to best protect your rights, at no charge to you. We invite you to call us 24 hours a day, including weekends and holidays to request a free consultation with one of our experienced personal injury lawyers. Or use our 24/7 online chat right here on our website.
- Vigorously fight on your behalf in order to obtain all the compensation and benefits you deserve. There's always a lot at stake after a serious injury, and when our clients rely on us for help, we never take that situation lightly. We work extremely hard, and we will always do the right thing when it comes to our clients.
- Give your case our personal attention. We tell our clients: "We want you to concentrate on getting well. We want to hear from you if you have any questions or concerns. We work for you, not the other way around."
- Promptly return phone calls and keep you informed. We are sure you've heard about professionals who do not return phone calls. Or, perhaps you have spoken to people using other law firms who never knew what was going on with their case. That won't happen with us. We keep our clients well informed of important developments and routinely send copies of correspondence regarding their case.
- Be there for you when you need us most. When our clients first call us after a serious injury, they're understandably really worried. And we say to them, "You don't have to do this alone." We'll take on the insurance company for you and help you get the money you deserve for your medical treatments, lost wages, car repairs and pain and suffering. That's the kind of help we've been giving for over 36 years.
- Always treat you with dignity and respect. Our promise is to operate at all times with honesty, integrity, high moral character and unquestionable ethics. And we'll treat you with kindness and give you and your family the dignity and respect that you deserve.
Speak to an Attorney to Pursue Justice and Compensation for Your Injuries
Were you or a family member hit by a car because of a negligent driver? Our lawyers represent injured pedestrians throughout Tennessee. Our law firm has established a reputation for passionately fighting for the rights of our clients and working tirelessly to maximize the value of our clients’ cases by law. We offer injured pedestrians a Free Consultation, so call 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333),or dial #WIN (#946) from your cell phone. We also can be reached on the web by submitting a Free Case Evaluation Form or Free 24-hour live chat at www.Montlick.com.
*Dollars recovered are cumulative and not indicative of individual case results. Each case is unique. Results depend on the facts and applicable law.
**Legal Services are provided by Montlick & Associates, P.C. and local associated law firms at no additional cost to you depending on the jurisdiction, and any specialized expertise required. For more information, click here.