18-Wheeler Tractor-Trailer Truck Accident Lawyer in Tennessee (TN) and Nationwide
We Know What It Takes to Win™ Trucking Accident Injury & Wrongful Death Cases
For over 38 years, Montlick & Associates has been fighting hard to protect the legal rights of those who have been injured due to the negligence of commercial truck drivers and trucking corporations. Our dedicated truck accident attorneys also understand the significant hardship and anguish families experience in situations where their loved ones are severely injured or tragically killed by someone’s carelessness. We have the knowledge, experience and resources to handle your case professionally, and to get you the compensation you deserve.
With Billions of Dollars Recovered for Our Clients, Our Experience Pays!™*
Our attorneys handle all types of traffic accident and personal injury cases, and are dedicated to providing exceptional legal service to each and every client. Our hard-working lawyers and legal support staff handle each of our client’s cases as if it were their own. We have proudly provided legal services since 1984 with an unwavering moral compass; with integrity, honesty, and unquestionable ethics. Montlick & Associates has a long history of fighting hard to protect our clients. With billions of dollars recovered for our clients, our attorneys know what it takes to win trucking accident cases, and we have a strong track record for results.*
If you or a loved one has been injured or if you tragically lost a family member in any type of Tennessee truck or semi-truck accident caused by someone else’s negligence, contact Montlick & Associates, Injury Attorneys, today for your free consultation. Contact us Nationwide, 24/7 at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333), or by simply dialing #WIN (#946) from your cellphone. You may also visit us at Montlick.com and contact us through our Free Case Evaluation Form or Free 24-hour live chat.**
This Practice Page at a Glance:
- The Top Four Reasons Why People Select Montlick & Associates
- Why Retaining Experienced Legal Counsel Can Make a Difference in Your Case
- How Our Trucking Accident Lawyers Can Help Tennessee Accident Victims
- Legal Time Deadlines: Act Now to Preserve Your Right to Recover Maximum Compensation in Tennessee
- What is My Tennessee 18-Wheeler Accident Case Worth?
- What We Do for Our Tennessee Truck Accident Claimants
- Our Promise to You!
- Types of Truck Accident Cases Our Firm Handles Throughout Tennessee
- Free Case Review and Consultation to Protect Your Legal Rights
The Top Four Reasons Why People Select Montlick & Associates:
“The Powerhouse Firm that Puts You First!”™
1. Our lawyers and legal team work tirelessly to maximize the monetary value of each of our clients’ cases under Tennessee Law. Initially following any accident caused by someone else’s negligence, you may not know the full extent and nature of your injuries. Insurance companies understand this and will often attempt to offer financial compensation early, before you know the severity of your personal injury or have obtained legal advice. Insurance company representatives may pressure a personal injury claimant to accept a quick, “low-ball” offer to settle their claim. Once your accident case is settled, your case cannot be reopened, even if you find out later that your injuries are more serious than you initially realized. Montlick & Associates fights hard for each and every client in order to collect the maximum compensation to which they are entitled by Tennessee Law, as well as Federal Law and the law of any other state that may be applicable. *
2. Montlick & Associates is a client-driven firm. Since 1984 we have been dedicated to our goal of providing exceptional service to each and every client. We stay in touch with our clients on a regular basis, and keep them fully informed of all-important developments.
3. Our law practice is limited to personal injury law. We believe that our lawyers can do the finest job possible by focusing and limiting their practice to one area of the law. We only represent injured people, never insurance companies or corporations.
4 .Our Experience Pays!TM Our law firm has been assisting injured people and their families in recovering the monetary compensation their case deserves for over 38 years, and our firm has recovered billions of dollars for our clients.
If you or a member of your family have been harmed or injured by the carelessness of a truck driver or a trucking company, simply contact Montlick & Associates for your Free Consultation. Our compassionate and dedicated team of legal professionals are ready to explain your legal rights and advise you about the essential steps necessary to protect those valuable legal rights. At Montlick & Associates, there are no fees unless you win. Contact us Nationwide 24/7 days a week, 365 days a year at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333), dial #WIN (946) from your cellphone. You can also visit Montlick.com and use our Free 24-Hour Live Chat or Free Case Evaluation Form.
Why Retaining Experienced Legal Counsel Can Make a Difference in Your Case
Commercial truck accident victims and their families are frequently at a substantial disadvantage after being involved in a trucking accident caused by a careless truck driver. The first few days after a truck accident can be overwhelming. Trucking insurance companies understand how to capitalize on victims’ lack of knowledge and experience of the commercial truck accident claims process. Their goals, as for-profit enterprises, are to increase profitability by taking in premiums while their representatives and claims adjusters work hard to deny or minimize claims.
Insurance company interests are not for claimants, despite how politely their representatives treat you. In fact, insurance claims representatives often try to conduct recorded interviews of truck accident victims in an attempt to uncover information they can use against claimants, and may even use those statements out of context to achieve this goal. As a result, some accident victims who communicate directly with commercial insurance carriers, or submit to recorded statements to the insurance adjuster without an attorney unwittingly jeopardize the value of their claims. Another frequent mistake made by injury victims is resolving their claims before realizing the full extent of their injuries. Consequently, truck accident insurance companies do not want you to speak with or retain an experienced attorney, because their own industry research demonstrates that they statistically pay out much more monetary compensation to claimants who retain legal representation than those who do not.
One study conducted by the Insurance Research Council (IRC) demonstrated that:
- 85% of personal injury claim payouts from insurance companies went to personal injury victims represented by legal counsel.
- On average, personal injury victims with lawyers received 300% more financial compensation than those who did not retain legal representation.
For these reasons alone, having experienced legal representation in your Tennessee 18-wheeler truck accident case by an experienced lawyer can significantly increase your prospects of success and obtaining the financial compensation you deserve.
Our firm knows what is necessary in order to hold negligent trucking companies and drivers accountable by making sure, when appropriate, that important evidence, such as black box data, camera footage and other evidence, is preserved. We navigate the claims process so that our injured clients can focus on getting well.
While most motor vehicle accident cases settle out of court, when litigation is necessary, plaintiff attorneys must have a mastery of the rules of civil procedure, court rules, evidentiary rules, case law, and applicable Tennessee, Federal and any other states’ statutes and caselaw that may apply. Our attorneys are highly educated, experienced, and knowledgeable about the nuances of Tennessee law and how to navigate the complex legal system. We fight hard on behalf of each client in order to maximize their right to compensation under the law, and when appropriate, take such cases through litigation and ultimately to trial when necessary to protect our clients’ rights.
If you have been injured or lost a loved one in a serious accident caused by a tractor trailer, contact Montlick & Associates for your Free Consultation. Our lawyers will advise you of your legal rights as well as the necessary steps to protect those rights. Contact us Nationwide 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333), dial #WIN (946) from your cellphone, or visit Montlick.com and use our Free 24-Hour Live Chat.
Federal & Tennessee Laws Governing the Commercial Trucking Industry
If you or your loved one sustained injury in Tennessee caused by a negligent trucker, a trucking company with lax safety standards, inadequately maintained or a defective commercial truck, a call to Montlick and Associates, Attorneys at Law, can provide invaluable information concerning your legal rights.
Commonly, accidents with big rigs are the result of violating of Tennessee traffic laws (i.e. following too closely, failing to yield while turning left, running a red light). In other circumstances, violations of other regulations and laws, or a combination of them, can form the basis of liability on behalf of the trucking corporation, such as laws relating to:
- Rules regarding driver physical fitness
- Drug and alcohol prohibitions, restrictions, and mandatory chemical testing
- Rules governing maximum load capacity and securing of loads
- Hours of service (HOS) rules that limit driving sessions and on-duty non-driving time while imposing mandatory rest periods
- Mandatory inspections and maintenance requirements
- Weight and length limitations for various commercial vehicle configurations
- Requirements for equipping a commercial truck
- Proper training and supervision of drivers
- Necessary record keeping regarding HOS, vehicle inspection/maintenance, etc.
- Standards imposed for pre-hiring employment investigations and screening
- Proper training and supervision of drivers
As such, trucking injury and wrongful death cases often involve complex legal issues of both State and Federal law.
While most commercial truck drivers and trucking companies are conscientious and serve the important function of transporting goods across the United States, some truckers disregard safety regulations with the approval of trucking companies, who are primarily interested with maximizing company profits. Because many trucking collisions are precipitated by a disregard for trucking regulations or established trucking industry customs and driving practices, trucking crash victims receive a considerable strategic advantage by retaining an experienced and knowledgeable big-rig accident lawyer.
Our attorneys serving clients in Tennessee know what is necessary to prove the negligence of trucking companies and truck drivers. We take essential steps to preserve vital evidence when appropriate and necessary, such as semi-truck body damage, camera footage, and “black box data”. Our clients can concentrate on their emotional and physical recovery while our attorneys work hard pursuing their claims. Although many cases settle without litigation, our attorneys are prepared to vigorously litigate cases when appropriate, which includes taking cases to trial.
Legal Time Deadlines: Act Now to Preserve Your Right to Recover Maximum Compensation
All types of legal claims are subject to “statutes of limitations” or legal time deadlines.
WARNING: Failing to comply with a statute of limitations will permanently bar your right to compensation
According to Tenn. Code § 28-3-104(a)(1) (2017), the statute of limitations for personal injury cases and wrongful death cases in Tennessee is generally 1 year from the date of the truck accident, but there are exceptions that can greatly shorten or even lengthen the deadline! By way of example only, certain types of accident claims against governmental entities in Tennessee as well as claims against the Federal Government can have much shorter deadlines. In some cases, a combination of different types of legal claims may exist that involve different time frames, which may be due to multiple defendants and/or even the laws of more than one jurisdiction. Statutes of limitation also vary from state to state. Our experienced semi-truck accident attorneys can examine the facts and circumstances relevant to your case to determine which statute of limitations (deadlines) apply. We take the required actions to preserve all important legal deadlines on behalf of our clients.
In addition to Tennessee´s legal time deadlines, there are several other critical reasons not to delay in seeking legal advice and assistance. Many injured people are surprised to learn that their own insurance policies (or depending on the facts, sometimes those owned by household family members) can contain valuable insurance coverage, such as, by way of example only, Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage. It is critical to keep in mind that insurance policies typically have timely notification deadlines, which, if allowed to lapse, can result in a denial of coverage.
There is more! In addition to notice requirements and legal time deadlines, there are other reasons to act without delay. For example, with the passage of time witnesses can become difficult to locate, or they can forget important details. Other times, important evidence can be destroyed or disappear. You should not delay in seeking legal assistance as you have a limited amount of time to pursue your claim.
Put Our Truck Accident Experience to Work for You! Protect Your Valuable Legal Rights Today.
Our Tractor-Trailer Accident Lawyers at Montlick & Associates review all applicable avenues of financial recovery and ensure that any relevant legal and contractual notification deadlines are met. We also act to protect critical truck accident evidence and interview witnesses when appropriate. Do not delay in protecting your legal rights and contact Montlick & Associates today.
Our attorneys are dedicated to aggressively pursuing our clients’ cases, whether they live in Tennessee or anywhere else in the United States.* Call us Nationwide 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or #WIN (#946) on your mobile phone, for your free consultation with a Montlick & Associates’ attorney. We are also available day and night through our Free Live Chat and through our Free Case Evaluation Form at Montlick.com.
What is My Tennessee Truck Accident Case Worth?
Tennessee trucking accident law generally allows accident victims to recover monetary damages from those responsible for their injuries or the wrongful death of their loved ones. Our lawyers pursue all forms of economic damages to which our clients are entitled by Tennessee any other applicable laws.
Some examples of the types of economic damages our personal injury lawyers have recovered on behalf of our Tennessee clients are compensation for:
- Past and future lost wages
- Past and future medical bills
- Property damage, including damage to motor vehicles and personal property
- Loss of earning capacity
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Pain and suffering
- Punitive Damages if the defendant’s conduct is malicious, intentional, or egregiously reckless
- Loss of companionship, consortium and guidance
- Monetary compensation for emotional distress
- Wrongful Death Damages, including loss of companionship and protection, support and services, future income, burial expenses, and more.
The value of a personal injury claim in Tennessee depends on numerous factors, including, by way of example:
- The strength of liability
- The facts and circumstances of the incident,
- The strength of the applicable law and evidence
- The venue or locality where a claim must be brought
- The likeability and credibility that witnesses would have to a jury
- The extent of a plaintiff’s injuries
- The costs of medical treatment - including past and future impact on the quality of life
- The extent of pain and suffering
- Whether the plaintiff is temporarily or permanently disabled
The amount of economic damages a truck accident victim might recover in the State of Tennessee is specific to the circumstances and facts of a given case. Every individual accident claim is unique. Predicting the precise dollar amount you and your family might recover from a truck accident claim is generally not possible at the outset of your case. However, our lawyers are able to advise our clients on the range of predicted accident case values, once all of the evidence has been assembled, we understand the extent and long-term effects of the injury or injuries, we have reviewed all medical expenses and records, and have evaluated the applicable, Tennessee law and the strength of the evidence.
Our 18-Wheeler Accident Attorneys fight hard on behalf of each individual client to maximize the monetary value of their claims under Tennessee law.
Protect your legal rights today. Call us to understand your legal rights and learn about the steps that need to be taken to protect those valuable rights. Contact us Nationwide 24/7 by calling 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or dial #WIN (#946) from your cell phone, use our online consultation form or use our 24-Hour Live Chat at www.Montlick.com.
What We Do for Our Tennessee Truck Accident Claimants
Caring, Dedication, Experience, Results!™
Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law, has been representing personal injury victims and their families for over 38 years. With 43 attorneys and 170 staff members, in addition to affiliated law firms, Montlick & Associates has the resources and the manpower to do what is required to protect our clients’ legal rights, and provide the personalized care and attention our clients’ cases deserve.**
Our legal services start with a free truck accident case analysis and consultation. Our trucking accident lawyers will study the facts and circumstances of what occurred and advise you of your valuable legal rights, as well as the steps necessary to protect those valuable legal rights. Once we begin representing our clients,, our attorneys and legal support staff immediately begin working on their claims, gathering evidence, collecting records, and documentation to substantiate your insurance claim.
Our trucking accident lawyers aggressively fight for each and every client in order to maximize the monetary value of their case under the law. In the appropriate situation, when trucking companies and their commercial insurance carriers are not willing to offer enough compensation to our clients for their damages, our firm, when appropriate, will not hesitate to file lawsuits against those responsible and take cases to trial.
At Montlick & Associates, our team of legal professionals care a greatly about our clients and their families. Our attorneys and staff understand how stressful it is to be injured. We aim to treat each client the way we would want to be treated if we were a client. To us, this includes keeping clients well informed of important developments and promptly returning phone calls.
Our clients recognize that we are working hard to protect their legal rights, and that we are effectively handling their legal matters. This enables them to focus on healing, their families, returning to work as quickly as possible, and returning to their day-to-day lives. This is the kind of client service we have been providing for over 38 years. And it is what we will do for you too.
Montlick & Associates- Fighting Hard & Winning Cases™ since 1984.
Our Promise to You
1. Treat your case as if it were our own. We'll treat you the same way we would want to be treated – as if it were our own case, or the case of a close friend or family member.
2. Protect you from powerful insurance companies. One of the first things the insurance adjuster will typically say is that you do not need an attorney. That's because the insurance company's goal is to pay you as little money as possible. And they know that injured people get substantially more money with an attorney representing them. With over 38 years of experience dealing with insurance companies, we can help you navigate through the insurance company minefields and avoid any traps.
3. Analyze your case at no charge to you. We'll evaluate your situation and advise you how to best protect your rights, at no charge to you. We invite you to call us 24 hours a day, including weekends and holidays to request a free consultation with one of our experienced personal injury lawyers. Or use our 24/7 online chat right here on our website.
4. Vigorously fight on your behalf in order to obtain all the compensation and benefits you deserve. There's always a lot at stake after a serious injury, and when our clients rely on us for help, we never take that situation lightly. We work extremely hard, and we will always do the right thing when it comes to our clients.
5. Give your case our personal attention. We tell our clients: "We want you to concentrate on getting well. We want to hear from you if you have any questions or concerns. We work for you, not the other way around."
6. Promptly return phone calls and keep you informed. We are sure you've heard about professionals who do not return phone calls. Or, perhaps you have spoken to people using other law firms who never knew what was going on with their case. That won't happen with us. We keep our clients well informed of important developments and routinely send copies of correspondence regarding their case.
7. Be there for you when you need us most. When our clients first call us after a serious injury, they're understandably really worried. And we say to them, "You don't have to do this alone." We'll take on the insurance company for you and help you get the money you deserve for your medical treatments, lost wages, car repairs and pain and suffering. That's the kind of help we've been giving for over 38years.
8. Always treat you with dignity and respect. Our promise is to operate at all times with honesty, integrity, high moral character and unquestionable ethics. And we'll treat you with kindness and give you and your family the dignity and respect that you deserve.
Types of Traffic Accident Cases Our Firm Handles Throughout Tennessee and Nationwide
Our law firm handles claims arising out of ALL types of traffic accidents involving negligence, such as:
- Car Accidents: (Rear-end collisions, improper lane changes, T-bone collisions, disregard of traffic control devices and signs, improper turns, failure to yield)
- Truck Accidents: (all types, including 18-wheeler tractor trailer trucks, big rigs, semis, box trucks, delivery & garbage trucks, pick-up trucks, 15 passenger vans)
- DUI and Drug-impaired Driver Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- SUV Rollovers
- Hit-By-Car Pedestrian Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- SUV Rollovers
- Hit-and-run incidents
Free Case Review and Consultation to Protect Your Legal Rights
Our attorneys fight hard to get our clients the compensation they deserve. No matter where you are located, we are just a phone call away. For your Free Consultation contact Montlick & Associates, Nationwide 24/7 at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333)or by simply dialing #WIN (#946) from your mobile phone. We also can be contacted at Montlick.com where you can submit a Free Case Evaluation Form 24/7 or utilize our 24-Hour Live Chat.
*Dollars recovered are cumulative and not indicative of individual case results. Each case is unique. Results depend on the facts and applicable law.
**Legal Services are provided by Montlick & Associates, P.C. and local associated law firms at no additional cost to you depending on the jurisdiction, and any specialized expertise required. For more information, click here.