Pedestrian Accident Lawyers Serving South Carolina (SC)
Experienced Attorneys Working Hard for Walkers, Joggers and Bicyclists Injured or Tragically Killed by Distracted or Careless Drivers in South Carolina
Our Law Firm Stands Up for Pedestrians to Achieve Justice and Maximum Compensation Under South Carolina Law
We Know What It Takes to Win,™ Pedestrian Injury Claims in South Carolina (SC) and Nationwide.
For over 38 years, Montlick & Associates has worked hard for justice on behalf of personal injury and wrongful death victims and their families. Unfortunately, vehicle-pedestrian accidents usually result in serious and often life-threatening injuries. Our lawyers understand the hardships that victims and their families experience after sustaining a personal injury because of another´s negligent acts, including costly medical care, lost income, pain and suffering, and other damages. Our legal professional understand how to navigate the complexities and nuances of the accident claims process to protect our clients’ legal rights. Our attorneys also have the track record to prove that Our Experience Pays,™ having recovered billions of dollars on behalf of our clients.*
We offer high-quality legal representation to our clients in all forms of motor vehicle collisions, personal injury and wrongful death cases throughout the State of South Carolina, the Southeast, and Nationwide.** Our lawyers and legal support staff return phone calls promptly, and keep our clients well informed of all-important developments in their cases. When our law firm represents a client, we work hard and treat each of our client’s cases as if it was our own. Moreover, we are proud to have provided personal injury plaintiff legal services since 1984 with a resolute moral compass built on integrity, honesty, and unquestionable ethics.
If you or a loved one has been injured or if you lost a loved one in a pedestrian accident caused by someone else’s negligence, simply contact Montlick & Associates, Injury Attorneys, today for your free consultation.** Contact us Nationwide, 24/7 at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333), or by simply dialing #WIN (#946) from your cellphone. You may also visit us at Montlick.com and contact us through our Free Case Evaluation Form or Free 24-hour live chat.
This Pedestrian Accident Practice Area Page at a Glance:
- South Carolina Pedestrian Accident Claims
- The Reason Why Pedestrian Accidents Are So Dangerous
- The Top Four Reasons Why People Select Montlick & Associates
- Why Retaining Qualified Legal Counsel Can Make a Difference in Your Case
- Legal Time Deadlines: Act Now to Preserve Your Right to Recover Maximum Compensation in South Carolina
- Our Promise to You!
- Types of Pedestrian Accident Cases Our Firm Handles Throughout South Carolina
- Free Case Review and Consultation to Protect Your Legal Rights
South Carolina Pedestrian Accident Claims
Despite a steady decline in traffic accident injury and fatality statistics in recent decades, the total number of pedestrian fatalities has risen over the past 30 years. In fact, pedestrian-vehicle accidents have accounted for nearly one in eight traffic accident-related fatalities over a recent ten-year period. The reason for this is that joggers, walkers, and bicyclists are more susceptible to severe injury than when involved in a car collision because of the significant force of an over 3000-pound motor vehicle (to as much as 80,000 pounds for a loaded 18-wheeler tractor-trailer truck) hitting a pedestrian.
Our personal injury attorneys have essential legal knowledge and experience to protect our clients from the common defense techniques and strategies used by insurance carriers to diminish the value of claims, deny claims, or delay payouts on claims.
According to South Carolina Law(.PDF), when traffic signals devices are not in operation or in place the driver of a motor vehicle “shall yield the right-of-way to a pedestrian crossing the roadway within a crosswalk when the pedestrian is upon the half of the roadway upon which the vehicle is traveling or when the pedestrian is approaching so closely from the opposite half of the roadway as to be in danger.”
Unfortunately, in our experience, we have learned that pedestrians can be at a significant disadvantage at pedestrian-automobile accident scenes. Given the often-serious nature of the personal injuries associated with these kinds of accidents, pedestrian victims are often taken away by ambulance prior to having a chance to speak with the law enforcement officer on scene. In such cases, their side of the story may not be initially considered. Additionally, police officers, who protect us and document these pedestrian accidents, often unintentionally treat pedestrians unfairly. For example, a police officer may report that the pedestrian was at fault for not using a crosswalk, without investigating whether or not the driver could have prevented the accident.
Our personal injury attorneys serving South Carolina statewide know how to prove the liability of careless parties who injure people and how to pursue the full monetary value of personal injury and wrongful death claims under applicable local, state and federal law. To pursue these goals, based on the facts of the case, our legal professionals take actions it deems necessary to protect all important accident scene evidence and camera footage (if it exists), interview witnesses, and when appropriate, retain accident reconstruction experts. Our law firm understands the complex nuances of the claims and legal processes, and our attorneys work hard to protect our clients’ rights so that they can focus on restoring their life and healing after an accident.
If you or a family member has suffered an injury while navigating South Carolina roadways on foot, on a scooter, or on a bicycle, because a driver was texting, speeding, impaired by drugs or alcohol, violating traffic laws, or otherwise driving unsafely, speak to one of our attorneys today. We can explain your legal rights as well as what steps are necessary to protect those rights. Contact us at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333), or dial #WIN (#946) from your cell phone for your Free Consultation. We also can be reached on the web by submitting a Free Case Evaluation Form or Free 24-hour live chat at www.Montlick.com.
The Top Four Reasons Why People Select Montlick & Associates:
“The Powerhouse Firm that Puts You First!”™
1. Our plaintiff´s personal injury attorneys and legal support professionals work relentlessly to maximize the value of each of our clients’ cases according to their rights under South Carolina Law. Initially following any pedestrian-motor vehicle crash caused by someone else’s negligence, you may not know the full nature and extent of your injuries and damages. Insurance companies welcome this and will often try to offer monetary compensation prematurely, before you know the severity of your injuries or consulted with an attorney. Once your pedestrian accident case is settled, your case may not be reopened, even if you find out later that your personal injuries are more serious than you initially realized and you are legally entitled to other types of monetary compensation. Montlick & Associates works hard for each and every client in order to collect the maximum monetary compensation to which they are entitled under South Carolina Law, as well as Federal Law and the law of any other state that may be applicable.*
2. Montlick & Associates is a client-driven personal injury firm. Since 1984 we have been dedicated to our goal of providing exceptional service to each and every client. Our attorneys and their support staff stay in touch with our clients on a regular basis, and keep them fully informed of all-important case developments.
3. Our law firm´s practice is limited to personal injury law. We believe that our lawyers can do the finest job possible by focusing and limiting their practice to one area of personal injury and accident law. We only represent injured people, never insurance companies or corporations.
4. Our Experience Pays!™ Our law firm has been assisting injured people and their families in recovering the monetary compensation their case deserves for over 38 years, and our law firm has recovered billions of dollars for our clients.*
If you or a member of your family has been injured, harmed, or tragically killed by the carelessness of another driver, simply contact Montlick & Associates for your Free Consultation. Our caring team of legal professionals are ready to explain your legal rights and advise you about the crucial steps necessary to protect those valuable rights. At Montlick & Associates, there are no fees unless you win. Contact us at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333), or dial #WIN (#946) from your mobile device for your Free Consultation. We also can be reached on the web by submitting a Free Case Evaluation Form or Free 24-hour live chat at www.Montlick.com.
Why Retaining Qualified Legal Counsel Can Make a Difference in Your Case
Pedestrian accident victims are normally at a significant disadvantage when involved in a wreck caused by a negligent or distracted driver. The first few days after a pedestrian accident can be emotionally devastating and painful. Insurance carriers understand how to take advantage of victims’ lack of expertise and knowledge of the claims process, and regularly exploit the victim´s trust. The ultimate intention of insurance companies, as for-profit corporations, are to boost revenues and increase profitability, and they do this by taking in monthly premiums while their accident claims adjusters work hard to deny, delay and minimize personal injury and property damage claims.
Insurance companies are not on your side, regardless of how politely their claims representatives treat you. In some cases, insurance claims agents will try to record phone calls when talking with accident victims or their families in an effort to obtain the information they can later use against the claimants. When defending against claimants, the insurance company defense lawyers will frequently attempt to introduce those recorded statements out of context in order to achieve favorable outcomes. As a result, some personal injury victims who converse directly with insurance companies, or submit to recorded statements to the insurance company adjusters without legal representation present, unwittingly risk the value of their pedestrian accident claims. Therefore, insurance companies don´t want you to review your case with an experienced personal injury lawyer, because of their own industry research demonstrates that insurance companies statistically pay out much more monetary compensation to injury claimants who have retained an attorney than those claimants who have not.
One study conducted by the Insurance Research Council (IRC) revealed that:
· 85% of personal injury claim payouts from insurance companies went to personal injury victims represented by legal counsel.
· On average, personal injury victims with lawyers received 300% more financial compensation than those who did not retain legal representation.
For these reasons alone, having experienced and aggressive legal representation on your side in your South Carolina pedestrian accident case may significantly increase your prospects of success and obtaining the monetary compensation you or your loved one´s case deserves.
While most personal injury cases settle out of court, when litigation is inevitable, plaintiff lawyers need to have a command of the rules of civil procedure, evidentiary rules, court rules, case law, and applicable South Carolina, Federal and any other states’ statutes and case law that could apply. Our lawyers are knowledgeable about the complex nuances of the claims process and how to navigate the complex civil court system. Our legal professionals fight hard on behalf of each and every client to maximize their financial recovery in accordance with South Carolina law, and when appropriate, take such cases through litigation and ultimately to trial to protect our clients’ rights.**
If you or a loved one has been injured or if your family lost a loved one in a hit-by-car accident caused by careless or distracted driver, simply contact Montlick & Associates for your Free Consultation. Our legal professional will advise you of your legal rights as well as the necessary steps to protect those rights. Contact us Nationwide 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333), dial #WIN (#946) from your cellphone. You may also visit us at Montlick.com and contact us through our Free Case Evaluation Form or Free 24-hour live chat.
Legal Time Deadlines: Act Now to Preserve Your Right to Recover Maximum Compensation
All types of legal claims are subject to “statutes of limitations” or legal time deadlines.
WARNING: Failing to comply with a statute of limitations will permanently bar your right to a recovery.
According to the South Carolina Statutes of Limitations, the statute of limitations for personal injury cases is generally (3) years from the date of the accident. Warning: there are exceptions that can greatly shorten or even lengthen the deadline! By way of example only: certain types of accident claims against governmental entities in South Carolina as well as claims against the Federal Government can have much shorter deadlines. In some cases, a combination of different types of legal claims may exist that involve different time frames, which may be due to multiple defendants and/or even the laws of more than one jurisdiction. An example of the lengthening of the statute of limitations or legal time deadline, is that it may be extended when a minor is involved. Statutes of limitation vary from state to state. In some cases, a combination of different types of legal claims may exist that involve different time frames, which may be due to multiple defendants and/or even the laws of more than one jurisdiction.
Our experienced personal injury lawyers can investigate the facts and circumstances relevant to your case to determine which statute of limitations (deadlines) apply. We take the required actions to preserve all important legal deadlines on behalf of our clients.
In addition to South Carolina´s legal time deadlines, there are several other critical reasons for not delaying in seeking legal advice and assistance. Many injured people are surprised to learn that many times their own insurance policies (or depending on the facts sometimes those of a resident relative) can contain valuable insurance coverage, such as, by way of example only, MedPay or Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage or Medical Payments Coverage (an optional no-fault type of insurance that covers medical expenses). It is critical to keep in mind that insurance policies typically have time notification deadlines, which, if permitted to lapse, can result in the loss of valuable compensation and benefits.
There is more! In addition to notice obligations and legal time deadlines, there are additional reasons to act without delay. By way of example only, with the passage of time witnesses may become difficult to find, or they might forget crucial accident details. Other times, material evidence can be destroyed or disappear.
Delays in pursuing a personal injury claim also can result in loss of important evidence. Witnesses' memories tend to become less accurate as time passes, and other types of evidence might become more expensive to acquire or may otherwise disappear entirely. Our South Carolina Pedestrian Accident Attorneys can evaluate your situation and alert you regarding all deadlines and other procedural requirements to pursue your claim. Our attorneys protect our clients’ cases from all important legal and contractual deadlines, and work to make sure important evidence is preserved when appropriate.
Assessing the Value of Your Pedestrian Injury Claim
Every case turns on its own unique facts, and we seek ALL types of damages that our clients are entitled to by law, which can include:
- Past, present and future medical expenses
- Past, present and future lost income
- Decreased earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium
- Punitive damages, when the defendant acted intentionally or was grossly negligent
- Wrongful death and survival damages, including the loss of support and services, companionship and protection, burial expenses, and more.
An estimation of case value is a critical stage to any pedestrian accident case, but the value of a claim ordinarily cannot be initially determined. Because every single claim has a unique set of facts and details, the amount of financial compensation each client obtains depends on many complicated factors, such as, for example, where the collision occurred, the facts and circumstances of what happened, the strength of liability, the likeability and credibility of the witnesses to a jury, and others.
Additionally, the amount of the injured person’s medical expenses, the nature and extent of the injury, whether the victim is temporarily or permanently disabled as a result of the injury, the impact on the victim’s quality of life, and the extent of pain and suffering are also important to determine a case’s monetary value. Once all evidence is assembled, we can normally provide a predicted range of case values.
Montlick & Associates - Fighting Hard & Winning Cases™ since 1984
Our Promise to You
1. Treat your case as if it were our own. We'll treat you the same way we would want to be treated – as if it were our own case, or the case of a close friend or family member.
2. Protect you from powerful insurance companies. One of the first things the insurance adjuster will typically say is that you do not need an attorney. That's because the insurance company's goal is to pay you as little money as possible. And they know that injured people get substantially more money with an attorney representing them. With over 36 years of experience dealing with insurance companies, we can help you navigate through the insurance company minefields and avoid any traps.
3. Analyze your case at no charge to you. We'll evaluate your situation and advise you how to best protect your rights, at no charge to you. We invite you to call us 24 hours a day, including weekends and holidays to request a free consultation with one of our experienced personal injury lawyers. Or use our 24/7 online chat right here on our website.
4. Vigorously fight on your behalf in order to obtain all the compensation and benefits you deserve. There's always a lot at stake after a serious injury, and when our clients rely on us for help, we never take that situation lightly. We work extremely hard, and we will always do the right thing when it comes to our clients.
5. Give your case our personal attention. We tell our clients: "We want you to concentrate on getting well. We want to hear from you if you have any questions or concerns. We work for you, not the other way around."
6. Promptly return phone calls and keep you informed. We are sure you've heard about professionals who do not return phone calls. Or, perhaps you have spoken to people using other law firms who never knew what was going on with their case. That won't happen with us. We keep our clients well informed of important developments and routinely send copies of correspondence regarding their case.
7. Be there for you when you need us most. When our clients first call us after a serious injury, they're understandably really worried. And we say to them, "You don't have to do this alone." We'll take on the insurance company for you and help you get the money you deserve for your medical treatments, lost wages, car repairs and pain and suffering. That's the kind of help we've been giving for over 38 years.
8. Always treat you with dignity and respect. Our promise is to operate at all times with honesty, integrity, high moral character and unquestionable ethics. And we'll treat you with kindness and give you and your family the dignity and respect that you deserve.
Types of Personal Injury & Accident Cases Our Law Firm Handles Throughout South Carolina and Nationwide
Our firm handles claims arising out of ALL types of traffic accidents involving negligence, such as:
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents: (all types, including 18-wheeler tractor trailer trucks, big rigs, semis, box trucks, delivery & garbage trucks, pick-up trucks, 15 passenger vans)
- DUI and Drug-impaired Driver Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- SUV Rollovers
- Hit-By-Car Pedestrian Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
Speak to an Attorney to Pursue Justice and Compensation for Your Injuries
Were you or a family member hit by a car because of a negligent driver? Our caring lawyers represent injured pedestrians throughout South Carolina, the Southeast and Nationally. Our law firm has established a reputation for passionately fighting for the rights of our clients and working tirelessly to maximize the value of our clients’ cases. We offer injured pedestrians a Free Consultation, so call 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333), or dial #WIN (#946) from your cell phone. We also can be reached on the web by submitting a Free Case Evaluation Form or Free 24-hour live chat at www.Montlick.com.
*Dollars recovered are cumulative and not indicative of individual case results. Each case is unique. Results depend on the facts and applicable law.
**Legal Services are provided by Montlick & Associates, P.C. and local associated law firms at no additional cost to you depending on the jurisdiction, and any specialized expertise required. For more information, click here.