Injured? Dial #WIN or #946 from your cellphone for your free consultation or call 1-800-LAW-NEED.
Call Us 24/7
( 1-800-529-6333 )
Click to Call 24/7

New Hanover County Deputy Struck and Injured By a Hit-and-Run Driver on Carolina Beach Road in Wilmington, North Carolina

December 17, 2020

According to an online news report published on, the New Hanover County Sheriff's Office is asking the public for information that may lead to the identity of a hit-and-run driver who struck and injured a New Hanover County Sheriff's deputy.*

The New Hanover County Sheriff's deputy was conducting a routine traffic stop along Carolina Beach Road when a dark-colored SUV drove by Sheriff's deputy, and its side rear-view mirror struck the deputy. The collision sent the Sheriff's deputy to the hospital. The SUV is described as a dark-colored SUV with missing a front headlight.

The accident happened near the intersection of Golden Road and Carolina Beach Road. According to Lieutenant Jerry Brewer of the New Hanover County Sheriff's Office, the accident should not have happened because the incident was easily avoided. Lieutenant Brewer stated that these types of accidents are crimes, and he implores the public to abide by the state's Move Over Law.

If you witnessed the accident or if you have information about the driver involved in the collision, please contact the North Carolina State Highway Patrol or the New Hanover County Sheriff's Office. 

Accident News is a safety and education initiative from Montlick & Associates, designed to help people better understand and thereby avoid common accident causes.  To learn more about our injury prevention programs, including here. We hope you are never in an accident, but if you or a family member are injured, call Montlick & Associates 24/7 for your free consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or use our live chat at


Category: Accident News

Please Note:
All information provided by our blogs is general in nature and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Consult a Montlick attorney for details about your unique situation.