Injured? Dial #WIN or #946 from your cellphone for your free consultation or call 1-800-LAW-NEED.
Call Us 24/7
( 1-800-529-6333 )
Click to Call 24/7

Sixteen-Year-Old Pedestrian Tragically Dies in Lancaster County Collision

November 19, 2019

LANCASTER COUNTY, SC – According to an online news report at, a sixteen-year-old pedestrian died earlier this week in a crash with an automobile in Lancaster County, South Carolina.*

The accident occurred in the late afternoon hours on South Carolina Highway 160 in the Indian Land area of Fort Mill, per the South Carolina Highway Patrol.

The teenager was walking westbound on the shoulder of the roadway when he was hit by a 2018 Ford SIV that was also heading west. 

The teen was transported to a local hospital in North Carolina where he died as a result of his injuries.  The South Carolina Highway Patrol’s Major Accident Investigation Team is currently investigating the accident.  

The Lancaster County coroner indicated that the teenager who died is from Indian Land in Lancaster County.  The teenager’s name, age, and minor status have not been released to the public.  

Lancaster County EMS, Lancaster County firefighters and other emergency personnel were dispatched to the scene of the accident, per the Lancaster County Fire Marshal’s Office.  The highway death is the seventeen in Lancaster County

The highway fatality is the 17th in Lancaster County in 2019, per the South Carolina Department of Public Safety.

Accident News is a safety and education initiative from Montlick & Associates, designed to help people better understand and thereby avoid common accident causes.  To learn more about our injury prevention programs, including - click here. We hope you are never in an accident, but if you or family member are injured, call Montlick & Associates 24/7 for your free consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or use our live chat at


Category: Accident News

Please Note:
All information provided by our blogs is general in nature and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Consult a Montlick attorney for details about your unique situation.