Personal Injury Lawyers Serving South Carolina (SC)
Seeking Compensation for Accident Victims Since 1984
Billions of Dollars Recovered for Our Personal Injury Clients!*
Our dedicated and experienced personal injury lawyers at Montlick and Associates understand the physical, emotional, and financial hardships endured by victims of the negligent acts of individuals and companies. When people suffer unanticipated injuries in an accident, they and their families can face challenges that include coping with pain, spiraling medical bills, time off work, severe mental anguish, and more. Our law firm has been taking on insurance companies and negligent parties while aggressively seeking to maximize the value of our clients’ claims since 1984. Because of our firm’s longstanding commitment to fighting for the rights of injured victims and their families, we have successfully built a track record of success that includes billions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for our clients.*
Montlick and Associates serves personal injury and wrongful death victims in South Carolina and Nationwide.** We have established a reputation as a leading law firm representing injury victims and their families. Our lawyers focus on striving to achieve the best interests of our clients, which includes responding with reasonable promptness to questions and concerns, keeping clients advised of important case developments, and maximizing the value of our clients’ cases in order to recover valuable financial compensation for their injuries.
Topics Discussed on This Page:
- Five Reasons Injury Victims Retain Montlick and Associates
- Evidence That Hiring a Lawyer Leads to Better Outcomes for Injury Victims
- How Our Law Firm Can Help You
- Fighting for the Fullest Financial Recovery for Injured Individuals and Their Families
- Calculating the Monetary Value of Your Personal Injury Case
- Explaining Our Process When Representing Clients
- What Type of Personal Injury Cases Do Our Lawyers and Associated Attorneys Handle
- Free no obligation personal injury and wrongful death case reviews
- Our attorneys’ promise to clients
Five Reasons Injury Victims Retain Montlick & Associates
1. We Know What it Takes to Win™ . With over 37 years fighting for the rights of injured people, and billions of dollars in settlements and verdicts, Our Attorneys Know What it Takes to Win!™
2. Our attorneys utilize a wealth of legal knowledge, resources, and experience in settlement negotiations and the courtroom to maximize our clients’ results. Whether you are “T-boned” in an intersection by a driver who runs a red light, seriously injured by an exploding airbag, or hurt during an on-the-job accident, the precise nature and severity of your injuries may not be immediately apparent. Insurance companies know they have an advantage dealing with injury victims who are unaware of their legal rights and still unsure about the full extent of their injuries, so they frequently offer premature “low-ball” settlements in an effort to close claims early. They know that cases tend to settle higher when injured parties fully appreciate the extent and consequence of their injuries after seeking legal advice from a personal injury attorney who serves South Carolina clients. Once your case is settled, it can never be reopened, even if you discover later that your injury is more serious. Our lawyers work hard for our clients to maximize the value of their cases in order to get them the most compensation possible for their injuries.
3. Commitment to Exceptional Client Service: For over 37 years, Montlick & Associates has been committed to delivering exemplary service to injury victims. Our lawyers share a commitment to maintaining our reputation as a top law firm serving South Carolina and nationwide by fighting for our clients’ rights to fair compensation, and providing exceptional client service. We recognize that responsiveness to our clients must accompany positive results, so we stay in touch with our clients and keep them fully informed of all important developments in their cases.
4. Our practice is limited to personal injury law, and we only represent injured people. We have always felt that we can do the best job possible for our clients by focusing on one area of the law and doing it exceptionally well. Therefore, Montlick & Associates only handles cases involving personal injuries, and we only represent injured people, never insurance companies or corporations.
5. We represent clients with dignity, respect, and compassion. Our lawyers share a genuine concern about the well-being of our clients and their families. We treat our clients with the respect that we would expect if we were seeking legal representation for ourselves or our loved ones. Our compassionate team of attorneys and staff work together to guide clients through their cases while recognizing the difficult hardships injury victims must endure and overcome.
Call Us Nationwide Today for Your Free Consultation
We invite you to discuss your situation with us at no charge by calling us nationwide 24/7 at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333), or call us from your cell phone by dialing #WIN (#946). You may also use our Live Chat at Montlick.com.
Evidence That Hiring a Lawyer Leads to Better Outcomes for Injury Victims
Insurance companies are in business to make money and they make more money by paying you as little as possible or denying your claim. The adjuster is not your friend. Insurance companies regularly take advantage of unrepresented claimants by exploiting their unfamiliarity with the law and the claims process. They typically attempt to persuade injury victims that their claim can be resolved successfully without the need to hire a personal injury lawyer. While the prospect of a quick settlement might sound appealing, these offers will generally be for an amount far less than the actual value of your claim. Insurance companies know that studies have shown their exposure can be limited by settling cases before an injury victim has hired an attorney and especially before they have obtained legal advice.
According to a study conducted by an insurance industry trade group, the Insurance Research Council (IRC), injured parties who hire an attorney typically receive substantially larger payouts from insurers. Claimants with the benefit of legal counsel recovered on average 3.5 times more than injured parties handling their own claim.
Although the insurance company for the party responsible for causing your injuries might contact you to offer a settlement, this offer is designed to ensure you receive less than the maximum value of your claim. Insurers do not want you to retain an attorney because insurance industry research shows injury victims with an attorney are more likely to obtain financial compensation and to recover more money in a settlement or verdict than someone without an attorney.
How Our Law Firm Assists South Carolina Injury Victims in Pursuing Their Claim
Taking on the Financial Risk: We handle cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning that our clients only owe attorney fees if we obtain for them a financial recovery through settlement, judgment or verdict.
Working to Reach a Timely Resolution of Your Case: Our attorneys work diligently to take the steps that are necessary to protect our clients’ rights throughout the claims process and if necessary and appropriate, through litigation. We handle the legal issues, so that our clients can focus on taking care of their health and and their families. The settlement or other resolution of a personal injury case does take time, and it is important to not try to conclude it until the full extent of a person’s injuries and damages are known. The system does not work as fast as we would like unfortunately. Our attorneys will work diligently, taking the required steps, to keep your case moving towards conclusion.
Establishing the Value of Your Case: While you might be able to estimate some portion of the compensation you are entitled to receive for your injuries, such as medical bills and lost income, other types of damages are more difficult to prove and calculate. Such intangible damages include pain and suffering, mental anguish, diminished earning capacity, punitive damages (depending on if the defendant’s conduct was particularly egregious) and others. Some damages require a careful presentation of evidence. Additional factors that also are considered involve impact on the plaintiff’s quality of life, the wrongfulness of the defendant’s conduct, the perception of the parties, the applicable law and jurisdiction and other relevant concerns.
Providing a Shield from Harsh Insurer Tactics: Your first contact with the other party’s insurance company will usually be with an adjuster or, occasionally, an investigator. Although either representative of the insurance company might be cordial and even friendly, they are not on your side, nor is their job to protect your interests. The insurance company tasks these individuals with obtaining witness statements, records, or other evidence that can be used to deny or significantly minimize your claim. For example, an insurance investigator might attempt to take a statement from you, which can also be taken out of context and used against you later in order to argue liability or downplay your injuries. If you are asked to sign anything or provide a recorded statement, you should consult with an attorney before doing so. Montlick and Associates has been representing injury victims taking on insurance companies for over 37 years, and we have the experience to anticipate sharp practices and shield our clients from such tactics.
Skillfully Research and Navigate Procedural and Substantive Legal Complexities. Even if you are sure that the other party was “negligent,” knowledge and experience navigating complex legal principles, evidentiary rules, and procedural requirements will still be necessary to prevail and maximize your recovery. Because we have extensive experience in handling personal injury and wrongful death cases, we have the knowledge to help you navigate the legal complexities, statutes, and past court cases. At Montlick & Associates, we handle injury cases every day and know what steps are necessary under the law to protect our clients’ rights in order to obtain for them all of the compensation they deserve!
Working to Enhance the Value of the Monetary Recovery of Injury Victims
Warning: Watch Out for Legal Time Deadlines! Compliance with Timing Requirements
Whether an injury victim is negotiating with the other party’s insurance company or embroiled in a lawsuit, close attention to timing requirements remains essential at all points of the process. Failure to comply with the applicable South Carolina statute of limitations, which generally requires a personal injury lawsuit be filed within a certain period after an incident causing injury, will permanently bar your right to bring a claim for money damages. In South Carolina, claims against the government or municipalities carry shorter deadlines. Moreover, there may be other important time requirements relevant to your case, such as notification deadlines to insurance companies. Additionally, delay can result in the loss or destruction of important evidence and witnesses can disappear or forget what happened. As such, you should contact our firm as quickly as possible following your accident to avoid the consequences of delay.
Identifying Potentially Liable Parties and Insurance Policy Coverage
Although many people think the party responsible for their injuries is always obvious. Multiple parties might all have some liability for causing an incident that results in injury, which can result in a higher financial recovery for our clients. Our attorneys explore all avenues of recovery, including additional defendants or insurance policies. We examine each of our clients’ cases carefully, and sometimes we are able to identify other avenues of recovery that even our clients were not aware of, or that insurance companies did not disclose.
Take Steps to Protect Your Legal Right to Compensation. Montlick and Associates, Attorneys at Law, offer injury victims a free case review 24/7. If you want to learn about your legal rights and the process to protect those rights, contact our law firm nationwide at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or from your cell phone you can dial #WIN (#946). You can also use our Free Case Evaluation Form or our 24/7 online chat at Montlick.com.
Calculating the Monetary Value of Your Personal Injury Case
South Carolina personal injury law generally extends to negligence victims the right to seek monetary compensation against the party who causes bodily harm and/or emotional distress. South Carolina Workers’ Compensation law may provide you with the right to benefits and compensation without regard to fault if you were hurt on the job. The negligent, reckless, or malicious conduct of a single party or multiple parties might be responsible for your injuries, including:
- Private individuals
- Commercial entities (e.g., corporations, LLCs, partnerships, etc.)
- Companies that design, manufacture or sell defective products
- Government entities and their employees, subdivisions, and agencies
- Employers of workers that cause injury to others
The attorneys reviewing your case will conduct an evaluation process that often involves analysis of relevant law and facts, an investigation of evidence related to liability, damages, and causation, and consideration of the many factors that impact the value of an injury claim. Such factors may include facts and circumstances of the incident, how strong the liability is, the strength of the applicable law and evidence, the venue or locality where a claim must be brought, the likeability and credibility that witnesses would have to a jury, the extent of a client’s injuries, the costs of medical treatment, including past and future, impact on the quality of life, the extent of pain and suffering, whether someone is temporarily or permanently disabled, and others.
Our attorneys pursue all types of damages to which our clients are entitles under the law, which may include compensation for:
- Past and future medical bills,
- Lost wages,
- Loss of earning capacity,
- Property damage, including damage to motor vehicles and personal property
- Pain and suffering,
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Punitive Damages if the defendant’s conduct is malicious or egregiously reckless,
- Loss of consortium, companionship and guidance, and
- Compensation for Emotional distress.
Although a precise damage amount cannot be assigned to your claim when you first speak to us, we review appropriate documents and records, analyze applicable law, and investigate the facts to determine a range of values to assign to your case. Our attorneys fight hard on behalf of each individual client in order to maximize the value of their claims under the law.
Explaining Our Process When Representing Clients
Compassionate, Skilled, and Proven Lawyers That Have Recovered over a Billion Dollars for Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Victims!
Our law firm is one of few to have achieved the distinction of recovering billions of dollars for our clients. Our team offers the resources and helpful assistance our clients need when taking on insurance companies, corporations, and other negligent parties.
When we initially speak with a prospective client, we consider the facts and circumstances, analyze relevant law, and discuss the harm the potential client has suffered. We also advise our clients regarding their legal options and rights, as well as necessary actions to avoid undermining their legal claim.
Throughout this process of our clients’ cases, we engage in appropriate disucssions and ultimately negotiations with the other party’s insurance company. Because our reputation is built on 37 years as a personal injury law firm and billions of dollars in verdicts and settlements, insurance companies know that we will not shy away from taking a case to trial when appropriate and when our clients are not offered fair compensation for their injuries.
What Type of Personal Injury Cases Do Our Lawyers and Associated Attorneys Handle
Our law firm serves personal injury and wrongful death clients in South Carolina and throughout the Southeast. Cases we handle include but are not limited to the following:
Motor Vehicle Injury Claims
- Auto Collisions
- Pedestrians Struck by Vehicles
- SUV Rollovers
- Intoxicated Driver Accidents
- Bike-Motor Vehicle Collisions
- Semi-Truck Accidents
- RV Accidents
- Distracted Driving Crashes
- Public Transportation Accidents
Negligence by Medical Providers (Malpractice Claims)
- Surgical Errors and Omissions
- Pharmacy Errors
- Missed, Delayed, or Erroneous Diagnosis
- Birth and Pregnancy Malpractice/Injuries
- Failure to Warn of Risks or Obtain Informed Consent
- Nursing Home Abuse/Neglect
- Loss of Limbs
- Head/Brain Injuries
- Paralysis, Disability, Disfigurement
- Paralysis – Paraplegia, Quadriplegia
- Impairment of Vital Organs
- Serious Burn Injuries
- Unreasonably Unsafe or Faulty Manufactured Products
- Defective Medical Equipment/Devices
- Dangerous Pharmaceuticals
- Lithium Battery Explosions & Fires
- Exploding Airbags
- 3M (Aearo) Earplugs
- Defective E-Cigarettes (Can Explode)
Workers Compensation/Workplace Injuries
- Agricultural/Industrial Accidents
- Occupational Illnesses (e.g., Asbestos Exposure)
- Construction Accidents
- 3rd Party Lawsuits
Other Legal Cases We Handle
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Improper Denial of VA Benefits
- Victims of Violent Criminal Offenses
- Dog Bite Cases
- Accidents/Injuries in Amusement Parks
- Wrongful Death
- Whistleblower Cases (Qui Tam)
- Swimming Pool/Spa Accidents/Drownings
We Know What It Takes to Win!
Free Personal Injury Case Analysis - Available 24/7!
Our law firm has served injury victims throughout all of the Southeast for over 37 years, including in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee. Call us Nationwide, toll-free, 24 hours a day/7 days a week for your Free Consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or #WIN (#946) from your cell phone. You can also visit us online at www.montlick.com and use our Free Case Evaluation Form or 24-hour Live Online Chat.
*Dollars recovered are cumulative and not indicative of individual case results. Each case is unique. Results depend on the facts and applicable law.
**Legal Services are provided by Montlick & Associates, P.C. and local associated law firms at no additional cost to you depending on the jurisdiction, and any specialized expertise required. For more information, click here.