Savannah Failure to Yield Accident Lawyers
Failure to Obey Traffic Signals Accidents in Savannah, Georgia
Savannah, Georgia is a beautiful city, known for its historic architecture, lush green spaces, and vibrant cultural scene. However, like any city, Savannah also has its share of traffic accidents, including those caused by failure to obey traffic signals.
Traffic signals exist to ensure the safety of drivers, pedestrians, and bicyclists on the road. They are designed to regulate the flow of traffic, prevent accidents, and reduce congestion. When drivers fail to obey these signals, they put themselves and others at risk.
In Savannah, failure to obey traffic signals is a common cause of accidents. According to the Savannah Police Department, there were 1,135 accidents in the city in 2021, and failure to obey traffic signals was a contributing factor in many of these incidents.
One of the most common types of accidents caused by failure to obey traffic signals is the red-light running accident. This occurs when a driver fails to stop at a red light, either because they are in a hurry or because they are distracted. Red-light running accidents can be particularly dangerous, as they often result in high-speed collisions that can cause serious injuries or even death.
Another type of accident that can result from failure to obey traffic signals is the failure to yield accident. This occurs when a driver fails to yield the right-of-way to another vehicle or pedestrian, often because they are not paying attention or are in a hurry. Failure to yield accidents can be particularly dangerous for pedestrians and bicyclists, who are more vulnerable to injury in a collision with a car.
In addition to the human cost of these accidents, there is also a financial cost. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the cost of motor vehicle crashes in the United States was $242 billion in 2020. This includes the cost of medical treatment for injured victims.
To address the problem of failure to obey traffic signals in Savannah, the city has implemented a number of measures. These include the use of red-light cameras, which can capture images of drivers who run red lights and issue citations to the owners of the vehicles involved. The city has also increased enforcement efforts, with police officers conducting targeted enforcement operations to catch drivers who are breaking traffic laws.
In addition to these measures, there are also things that individual drivers can do to reduce the risk of accidents caused by failure to obey traffic signals. These include paying attention to traffic signals and signs, following the speed limit, avoiding distractions such as cell phones or loud music, and giving themselves plenty of time to get to their destination.
Failure to obey traffic signals is a serious problem in Savannah, Georgia, and one that has the potential to cause serious injuries or even death. By implementing measures such as red-light cameras and increasing enforcement efforts, as well as encouraging drivers to be more vigilant and attentive on the road, we can work together to reduce the number of accidents caused by this dangerous behavior.
The Types of Injuries Often Sustained in Savannah Accidents
Failure to obey traffic signals is a serious problem in Savannah, Georgia, and one that can result in a wide range of injuries for those involved in accidents. Traffic signals exist to regulate the flow of traffic and prevent accidents, and when drivers fail to obey them, they put themselves and others at risk.
There are several types of injuries that can occur in failure to obey traffic signals accidents, ranging from minor cuts and bruises to serious, life-altering injuries. Here are some of the most common types of injuries that can occur:
- Whiplash: Whiplash is a common injury in car accidents, particularly those that involve rear-end collisions. When a car is struck from behind, the force of the impact can cause the head and neck to snap forward and back, resulting in damage to the soft tissues of the neck. Symptoms of whiplash can include pain, stiffness, and limited range of motion in the neck.
- Broken bones: In accidents where there is significant force or impact, broken bones can occur. This can include fractures of the arms, legs, ribs, or pelvis. Broken bones can be particularly serious, as they can take a long time to heal and may require surgery or physical therapy to fully recover.
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI): Traumatic brain injuries can occur in accidents where the head is struck or jolted, such as in a car accident. TBIs can range from mild (such as a concussion) to severe (such as a penetrating head injury). Symptoms of a TBI can include headaches, dizziness, memory loss, and difficulty concentrating.
- Spinal cord injuries: Spinal cord injuries can occur when the spinal cord is damaged as a result of trauma, such as in a car accident. Depending on the severity of the injury, spinal cord injuries can result in partial or complete paralysis, loss of sensation, and loss of bladder or bowel control.
- Soft tissue injuries: Soft tissue injuries can include damage to the muscles, tendons, and ligaments of the body. These injuries can range from minor strains and sprains to more serious tears or ruptures. Symptoms can include pain, swelling, and limited range of motion.
- Internal injuries - Internal injuries can be difficult to diagnose, and they can be life-threatening if left untreated. Symptoms can include abdominal pain, internal bleeding, and organ damage. Treatment may include surgery, medication, or other interventions.
- Emotional trauma: In addition to physical injuries, accidents caused by failure to obey traffic signals can also result in emotional trauma. This can include anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
Failure to obey traffic signals is a serious problem in Savannah, Georgia, and one that can result in a wide range of injuries for those involved in accidents. From whiplash and broken bones to traumatic brain injuries and emotional trauma, the consequences of these accidents can be severe and long-lasting. It is important for drivers to be aware of the risks of failure to obey traffic signals and to take steps to avoid accidents, such as paying attention to traffic signals and signs, following the speed limit, avoiding distractions, and giving themselves plenty of time to get to their destination.
The Types of Compensation Victims Might Pursue in an Accident Settlement or Lawsuit
If you have been injured in a failure to obey traffic signals accident in Savannah, Georgia, you may be entitled to compensation for your damages. Damages refer to the losses you have suffered as a result of the accident, including both economic and non-economic losses. Here are the types of damages and compensation an injured accident victim can hope to recover in a settlement or injury lawsuit:
- Medical expenses: Medical expenses refer to the cost of any medical treatment you have received as a result of your injuries. This can include emergency room visits, hospital stays, surgeries, doctor's appointments, prescription medications, and rehabilitation or physical therapy. You may be entitled to compensation for past, present, and future medical expenses.
- Lost wages: If you were unable to work as a result of your injuries, you may be entitled to compensation for lost wages. This can include both the wages you have already lost and any future lost wages if you are unable to return to work.
- Pain and suffering: Pain and suffering refer to the physical and emotional distress you have suffered as a result of the accident. This can include physical pain, emotional trauma, and loss of enjoyment of life. Compensation for pain and suffering is often subjective and can vary depending on the severity of your injuries.
- Punitive damages: In some cases, the court may award punitive damages in addition to compensatory damages. Punitive damages are intended to punish the defendant for particularly egregious behavior and to deter others from engaging in similar behavior in the future.
It is important to note that Georgia operates under a modified comparative negligence rule, meaning that if you are found to be partially at fault for the accident, your damages may be reduced. For example, if you were found to be 20% at fault for the accident, your damages would be reduced by 20%.
If you have been injured in a failure to obey traffic signals accident in Savannah, Georgia, you may be entitled to compensation for your damages. This can include medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, property damage, and in some cases, punitive damages. It is important to consult with an experienced personal injury attorney to determine your legal options and to ensure that your rights are protected.
Why Retain a Savannah Accident Attorney to Fight For You?
If you have been injured in a car accident caused by someone else's failure to obey traffic signals in Savannah, Georgia, it is highly recommended that you retain an experienced personal injury attorney to represent you. Here are some reasons why hiring an attorney can be invaluable in these types of cases:
- Knowledge: An experienced personal injury attorney will have a deep understanding of the legal system and the nuances of personal injury law in Georgia. They will be able to use their knowledge and expertise to build a strong case on your behalf, and to negotiate with insurance companies and other parties to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.
- Evidence collection: In order to build a strong case, it is important to gather as much evidence as possible. This can include police reports, witness statements, medical records, and other documentation. An attorney can help you collect and organize this evidence to ensure that it is presented effectively in court.
- Negotiation skills: Insurance companies and other parties involved in personal injury cases are often more concerned with protecting their own interests than with ensuring that you receive fair compensation. An attorney can use their negotiation skills to advocate on your behalf and to ensure that you receive the maximum possible compensation for your injuries.
- Trial experience: While many personal injury cases are settled out of court, some cases do go to trial. If your case goes to trial, it is important to have an attorney with trial experience on your side. An experienced trial attorney will know how to present your case effectively in court and to argue for your rights and interests.
- Peace of mind: Sustaining injuries in a car accident can be a traumatic experience. Hiring an attorney to represent you can help to relieve some of the stress and anxiety associated with the legal process, allowing you to focus on your recovery and your family.
If you have been injured in a car accident caused by someone else's failure to obey traffic signals in Savannah, Georgia, it is highly recommended that you retain an experienced personal injury attorney to represent you. An attorney can provide you with the knowledge, expertise, and support you need to ensure that you receive fair compensation for your injuries and that your rights are protected throughout the legal process.
Why Choose Montlick & Associates?
Montlick & Associates is a highly respected personal injury law firm that has been serving clients in Savannah, Georgia and throughout the state for since 1984. Here are some of the skills, experience, and recognition that have put them at the top of the list of top-rated accident law firms in Savannah:
- Experience: Montlick & Associates has been helping clients with personal injury cases since 1984. During this time, they have handled thousands of cases and have recovered over a billion dollars in settlements and verdicts for their clients. Their attorneys have the experience and knowledge necessary to handle even the most complex personal injury cases.
- Results: Montlick & Associates has a proven track record of success. They have recovered significant settlements and verdicts for their clients in a wide range of personal injury cases, including car accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, and more.
- Recognition: Montlick & Associates has been recognized by a number of reputable organizations for their excellence in personal injury law. They have been named among the "Best Law Firms" by U.S. News & World Report and have received an AV Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the highest rating possible for legal ability and ethical standards.
- Client focus: Montlick & Associates places a strong emphasis on client satisfaction. They understand that being injured in an accident can be a stressful and traumatic experience, and they work hard to provide their clients with compassionate, personalized representation. They are committed to keeping their clients informed throughout the legal process and to answering any questions or concerns they may have.
- Resources: Montlick & Associates has the resources necessary to handle even the most complex personal injury cases. They have a team of experienced attorneys, investigators, and support staff who work together to build strong cases on behalf of their clients. They also use state-of-the-art technology and cutting-edge legal strategies to ensure that their clients receive the best possible representation.
Montlick & Associates is a highly respected personal injury law firm in Savannah, Georgia with the skills, experience, and recognition necessary to provide their clients with outstanding legal representation. They are committed to helping their clients recover the compensation they deserve and to holding those responsible for their injuries accountable.
Why is Montlick & Associates Considered a Top-Rated Georgia Accident Law Firm?
First, with Billions of Dollars recovered, the firm has a long history of proven success in handling personal injury cases, including fatal car accidents.
Second, Montlick & Associates is AV Rated for the Highest Level of Professional Excellence, Ethics, Skills, & Integrity by Martindale Hubbell- The Highest Rating Attainable by the Most Respected & Authoritative Attorney Rating Service.
Third, Montlick has a team of highly skilled personal injury attorneys, and a reputation for providing exceptional client service. We take pride in being accessible to our clients and keeping them informed throughout the legal process.
Finally, Montlick & Associates has received several awards and recognitions for quality legal work, as well as their extensive community service. Among its talented legal team are members of the following elite groups:
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum,
- Top 100 National Trial Lawyers,
- Top 25 Motor Vehicle Accident Attorneys,
- Top 25 Brain Injury Trial Lawyers,
- Top 10 Trucking Trial Lawyers, and
- Super Lawyers.
To view all of our awards and recognition click here.
Put Montlick's Decades of Legal Experience to Work in Your Case!
If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident caused by someone else's negligence in Savannah, Georgia, don't wait to seek legal help. Contact Montlick & Associates today at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) to receive your free consultation with an experienced personal injury attorney.
Waiting to seek help can have serious consequences. Evidence can be lost, memories can fade, and witnesses may become unavailable. It is important to act quickly to protect your rights and to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
At Montlick & Associates, our attorneys have the experience, knowledge, and resources necessary to help you recover the compensation you deserve. We will work tirelessly to build a strong case on your behalf and to ensure that your rights are protected throughout the legal process.
Don't wait to seek help after an accident. Contact Montlick & Associates today at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) to receive your free consultation and to learn more about your legal options.