Savannah Drugged Driver Car Accident Lawyers
Drugged Driver Car Accidents in Savannah, Georgia
Drugged driving is a serious problem in Savannah, Georgia, and across the United States. When people get behind the wheel after using drugs, they put themselves and others at risk. Unfortunately, many innocent victims suffer injuries or even lose their lives in accidents caused by drugged drivers. If you or a loved one has been involved in a drugged driving accident in Savannah, it is essential to know what steps to take.
According to the Georgia Governor's Office of Highway Safety, there were 1,529 crashes in Chatham County, which includes Savannah, in 2019. Of those, 308 involved drugs or alcohol. Unfortunately, drugged driving accidents often have severe consequences. In 2019, 69 people were killed in drug or alcohol-related crashes in Chatham County, and another 303 suffered injuries.
The effects of drugs on a driver can vary depending on the substance used. Marijuana, for example, can slow reaction times, impair judgment, and reduce coordination. Cocaine can cause aggression and impulsive behavior, while prescription drugs like opioids can cause drowsiness and confusion.
What to Do If You're in a Drugged Driver Car Accident
If you're in a drugged driving accident in Savannah, the first priority is to seek medical attention for any injuries.
Next, contact the police to report the accident. The police will investigate the accident and create a report, which can be important evidence if you decide to pursue legal action. Be sure to get the names and contact information of any witnesses to the accident.
If the driver who caused the accident is arrested or charged with drug-related offenses, this can also be crucial evidence in your case. Keep track of any news reports or court documents related to the driver's charges.
Finally, it's essential to contact an experienced personal injury attorney. A lawyer can help you navigate the legal process and ensure you receive the compensation you're entitled to for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages.
Preventing Drugged Driver Car Accidents
Preventing drugged driving accidents requires a joint effort from individuals, law enforcement, and lawmakers. If you use drugs, it's essential to understand the risks and never drive under the influence. If you're taking prescription medications that can cause drowsiness or impairment, talk to your doctor about alternative transportation options.
Law enforcement can help by increasing patrols and cracking down on drugged driving. Sobriety checkpoints and roadside drug testing can help identify impaired drivers before they cause accidents.
Lawmakers can help by implementing harsher penalties for drugged driving and providing funding for drug education and prevention programs. Savannah has already taken steps to combat drugged driving, including implementing a drug recognition expert program and increasing enforcement efforts.
Drugged driving accidents can have devastating consequences for victims and their families. If you're involved in a drugged driving accident in Savannah, seek medical attention, report the accident to the police, and contact an experienced personal injury attorney. By working together to prevent drugged driving, we can keep our roads safe and prevent needless tragedies.
The Types of Injuries Often Sustained in Savannah Accidents
Drugged driving accidents can cause a wide range of injuries, some of which can be severe or even life-threatening. The type and severity of the injury will depend on factors such as the speed of the vehicles involved, the angle of impact, and whether or not the occupants were wearing seat belts. Some common injuries that can occur in drugged driving accidents in Savannah, Georgia include:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI): TBIs are a common injury in car accidents, and they can range from mild concussions to severe brain damage. Symptoms of a TBI can include headaches, dizziness, confusion, memory loss, and difficulty concentrating. Treatment for a TBI can include rest, medication, and rehabilitation.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Spinal cord injuries can be devastating and can cause paralysis or loss of sensation below the site of the injury. Symptoms of a spinal cord injury can include numbness, tingling, loss of motor function, and loss of bladder or bowel control. Treatment for a spinal cord injury may include surgery, medication, and rehabilitation.
- Broken Bones: Broken bones are another common injury in car accidents. Depending on the location and severity of the break, treatment may include immobilization with a cast or brace, surgery, and physical therapy.
- Soft Tissue Injuries: Soft tissue injuries can include sprains, strains, and bruises. These injuries can be painful and may require rest, physical therapy, or other treatments.
- Internal Injuries: Internal injuries can be difficult to diagnose, and they can be life-threatening if left untreated. Symptoms can include abdominal pain, internal bleeding, and organ damage. Treatment may include surgery, medication, or other interventions.
If you are involved in a drugged driving accident in Savannah, Georgia, seek medical attention immediately. Some injuries, like TBIs, may not be immediately apparent. Treatment for injuries can be costly, but if the accident was caused by someone else's negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and other damages. It's important to contact an experienced personal injury attorney to understand your legal rights and options.
The Types of Compensation Victims Might Pursue in an Accident Settlement or Lawsuit
Being involved in a motor vehicle crash caused by a drugged driver is a traumatic experience that can leave victims with physical injuries, emotional distress, and financial losses. If you or a loved one has been involved in a drugged driver accident in Savannah, Georgia, it's important to seek the help of an experienced injury attorney who can help you pursue damages and compensation for your losses.
Damages and compensation in driver fatigue accident cases can be categorized into two types: economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages include things like medical expenses, lost wages, and property damage. These damages are relatively straightforward and can be calculated based on the actual costs incurred as a result of the accident. Economic damages can include the following:
- Medical expenses: This includes costs associated with medical treatment, hospitalization, medication, and rehabilitation.
- Lost wages: If the victim is unable to work due to the injuries sustained in the accident, they may be entitled to compensation for lost wages.
- Property damage: This includes the cost of repairing the damaged vehicle, the total loss if your vehicle is totaled and any personal property that was damaged in the accident.
Non-economic damages are more subjective and can be more difficult to calculate. These damages include things like pain and suffering, emotional distress, and loss of enjoyment of life. Non-economic damages can include the following:
- Pain and suffering: This includes physical pain and emotional suffering that the victim experiences as a result of the accident.
- Emotional distress: This includes anxiety, depression, and other emotional conditions that can result from the accident.
- Loss of enjoyment of life: If the victim is no longer able to engage in activities they once enjoyed, they may be entitled to compensation for this loss.
In addition to economic and non-economic damages, some driver fatigue accident cases may also involve punitive damages. These damages are intended to punish the at-fault party for their reckless behavior and deter them from engaging in similar behavior in the future.
An experienced injury attorney can help victims of drugged driving accidents in Savannah, Georgia, pursue the damages and compensation they are entitled to under the law. With their knowledge and experience, they can help victims navigate the legal process and ensure that their rights are protected. If you or a loved one has been involved in a driver fatigue accident, contact an experienced injury attorney today to discuss your legal options.
If you are a victim of a drugged driving accident in Savannah, Georgia, you may be entitled to compensation for your losses and damages, including lost wages, medical bills, pain and suffering, and other expenses related to your injuries. Here are some steps you can take to pursue a settlement or lawsuit:
- Gather evidence: Collect all available evidence related to the accident, including the police report, witness statements, medical records, and photos of the accident scene and your injuries. This evidence can help establish liability and prove the extent of your damages.
- Seek medical treatment: Seek immediate medical treatment for your injuries and follow through with any recommended treatment or rehabilitation. Medical records can be used as evidence to support your claim for damages.
- Contact an attorney: Consult with an experienced personal injury attorney who can help you understand your legal rights and options. An attorney can negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf and help you build a strong case for compensation.
- File a claim with the insurance company: Once you have gathered evidence and consulted with an attorney, you can file a claim with the at-fault driver's insurance company. The insurance company may offer a settlement to compensate you for your losses.
- Consider filing a lawsuit: If the insurance company does not offer a fair settlement, you may need to file a lawsuit to recover damages. A lawsuit can be a lengthy and complex process, so it's important to work with an experienced attorney.
In Georgia, the statute of limitations for personal injury claims is two years from the date of the accident. This means you have two years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit or pursue a settlement. However, it's important to start the process as soon as possible to ensure you have enough time to gather evidence and build a strong case.
Compensation for damages in a drugged driving accident can include economic damages, such as medical expenses and lost wages, as well as non-economic damages, such as pain and suffering, emotional distress, and loss of enjoyment of life. An experienced personal injury attorney can help you understand what types of damages you may be entitled to and how to pursue fair compensation for your losses.
Why Retain a Savannah Accident Attorney to Fight For You?
Retaining a qualified and experienced Drugged Driving Victim Accidents attorney in Savannah, Georgia can be extremely beneficial for car accident victims in several ways. Here are some of the main advantages of working with an attorney:
- Understanding of the Law: A qualified attorney will have a deep understanding of the legal system and how it applies to car accidents caused by drugged drivers. They will know how to gather evidence, build a strong case, and negotiate with insurance companies to pursue fair compensation for their clients.
- Investigation of the Accident: An attorney can investigate the accident to gather evidence that can support their client's case. This can include interviewing witnesses, reviewing police reports, and working with experts to reconstruct the accident and establish liability.
- Valuation of Damages: An experienced attorney can accurately value their client's damages, including medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. They will know how to quantify the full extent of their client's losses and seek the appropriate level of compensation.
- Negotiation with Insurance Companies: Insurance companies will often try to minimize the amount they pay out in compensation for car accidents. An attorney can negotiate with insurance companies on their client's behalf to ensure they receive fair compensation for their losses.
- Representation in Court: If necessary, an attorney can represent their client in court to pursue a lawsuit for damages. They will have the knowledge and experience necessary to navigate the legal system and advocate for their client's rights.
In addition to these benefits, working with an attorney can provide peace of mind for car accident victims. Dealing with the aftermath of a car accident can be stressful and overwhelming, but knowing that they have a qualified attorney on their side can help victims feel more secure and confident in their ability to pursue justice and recover the compensation they deserve.
Overall, retaining a qualified and experienced Drugged Driving Victim Accidents attorney in Savannah, Georgia can be extremely beneficial for car accident victims. An attorney can provide valuable support and guidance throughout the legal process, ensuring that their clients receive fair compensation for their losses and damages.
Why Choose Montlick & Associates?
Montlick & Associates is a top-rated accident law firm with a strong reputation for providing high-quality legal representation and achieving excellent results for their clients. The firm has been serving clients in Georgia and throughout the Southeast since 1984 and has a track record of success in a wide range of personal injury cases, including car accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, and more.
Here are some of the key factors that contribute to Montlick & Associates' reputation as a top-rated accident law firm:
- Experience: Montlick & Associates has a team of experienced attorneys and legal professionals who have the knowledge and experience to handle even the most complex personal injury cases. The firm has a deep understanding of Georgia law and has built strong relationships with medical experts, accident investigators, and other professionals who can provide valuable support in building a case.
- Client-Focused Approach: The attorneys at Montlick & Associates are committed to providing personalized attention and support to each client. They understand that every case is unique and take the time to listen to their clients' needs and concerns. The firm's client-focused approach has earned them a reputation for compassionate and effective advocacy.
- Results-Driven: Montlick & Associates has a proven track record of achieving excellent results for their clients. The firm has recovered Billions of Dollars in settlements and verdicts for clients and has earned numerous awards and accolades for their success.
- Community Involvement: Montlick & Associates is actively involved in the local community and is committed to making a positive impact through charitable donations, volunteer work, and other initiatives. The firm's dedication to giving back has earned them a reputation as a trusted and respected member of the community.
To view all of Montlick & Associates' awards and recognition click here.
Montlick & Associates' reputation as a top-rated accident law firm is built on a foundation of experience, client-focused advocacy, and a commitment to achieving excellent results for their clients. If you are in need of legal representation for a personal injury case in Georgia, Montlick & Associates may be a strong choice for experienced and compassionate legal representation.
Why is Montlick & Associates Considered a Top-Rated Georgia Accident Law Firm?
First, with Billions of Dollars recovered, the firm has a long history of proven success in handling personal injury cases, including fatal car accidents.
Second, Montlick & Associates is AV Rated for the Highest Level of Professional Excellence, Ethics, Skills, & Integrity by Martindale Hubbell- The Highest Rating Attainable by the Most Respected & Authoritative Attorney Rating Service.
Third, Montlick has a team of highly skilled personal injury attorneys, and a reputation for providing exceptional client service. We take pride in being accessible to our clients and keeping them informed throughout the legal process.
Finally, Montlick & Associates has received several awards and recognitions for quality legal work, as well as their extensive community service. Among its talented legal team are members of the following elite groups:
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum,
- Top 100 National Trial Lawyers,
- Top 25 Motor Vehicle Accident Attorneys,
- Top 25 Brain Injury Trial Lawyers,
- Top 10 Trucking Trial Lawyers, and
- Super Lawyers.
To view all of our awards and recognition click here.
Put Montlick's Decades of Legal Experience to Work in Your Case!
If you or a loved one has been the victim of a drugged driving accident in Savannah, Georgia, don't wait to get the legal help you need. The experienced attorneys at Montlick & Associates are here to help you navigate the legal process and fight for the compensation you deserve.
Call us today at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) to schedule a free consultation with one of our experienced attorneys. We'll listen to your story, answer your questions, and help you understand your legal rights and options. If we take your case, we'll work tirelessly to build a strong case and pursue maximum compensation for your losses and damages.
Don't wait to get the legal help you need. Call Montlick & Associates today at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) to speak with an experienced attorney and get started on the path to recovery.