For over 37 years, Montlick & Associates has fought for justice on behalf of those who tragically lost loved ones due to the negligence of another. Our attorneys understand the enormous hardship, pain and anguish families face when they lose loved ones in accidents caused by others’ negligence. We are dedicated to providing our clients with exceptional service, and maximizing the value of their cases by law.
With billions of dollars recovered for our clients, Our Experience Pays!™*
If you lost a family member in and accident caused by someone else’s negligence, contact Montlick & Associates, Injury Attorneys, today for your free consultation. Contact us Nationwide, 24/7 at1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333), or by simply dialing #WIN(#946) from your cellphone. You may also visit us at Montlick.com and contact us through our Free Case Evaluation Form or Free 24-hour live chat.**
When families lose loved ones because of the negligent or reckless actions of others, they deserve justice. Montlick & Associates provides the compassionate and aggressive representation our clients deserve in these difficult situations, and we offer case consultations at no cost.
The rights of plaintiffs to pursue wrongful death claims, including the proper parties to bring a claim, are subject to the applicable law of a particular state, and the types of damages recovered can significantly vary from state-to-state as well. For example, the types of damages or combination of damages some states allow for wrongful death claimants include the full economic and non-economic value of the life of the victim, loss of companionship, value of support and services, and/or punitive damages, to name a few. Often, families are also entitled to burial and funeral expenses, medical expenses incurred, and pain and suffering endured by the deceased victim. However, even the proper party to bring such a claim (or multiple claims), as well as whether the claims are pursued by an Estate, individual, or both can vary depending on the laws of the state where the accident occurred.
If you lost a family member in any type of accident caused by someone else’s negligence, contact us for a free consultation to learn about your legal rights and options. Let our attorneys help you navigate this difficult time, answer your questions, and let you know how we can help.
No matter where you are located, we are just a phone call away. For your Free Consultation contact Montlick & Associates, Nationwide 24/7 at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or by simply dialing #WIN (#946) from your mobile phone. We also can be contacted at Montlick.com where you can submit a Free Case Evaluation Form 24/7 or utilize our 24-Hour Live Chat.
Wrongful death lawsuits can normally arise out of the same types of events that give rise to personal injury claims . The presence of negligent, reckless or intentional conduct by an individual or company most commonly triggers the option for this type of lawsuit. However, wrongful death can also arise out of products liability claims, premises liability claims and others. The following are examples of situations that can form the basis for a wrongful death claim:
Lawsuits associated with wrongful death, because of their enormous value, require thorough investigation to ascertain all viable avenues of recovery, including multiple defendants and insurance policies. At Montlick & Associates we have extensive experience pursuing wrongful death cases from start to finish, and we know what it takes to secure the compensation grieving families need.
All types of legal claims are subject to “statutes of limitations” or legal time deadlines.
WARNING: Failing to comply with a statute of limitations will permanently bar your right to a recovery, an there are also exceptions that can shorten or even lengthen the deadline!
Every state has laws that limit the amount of time families have to file or settle wrongful death claims. Statutes of limitations in wrongful death cases normally begin running on the date of the incident that caused the victim’s death, but the amount of time a person has to file the claim varies significantly depending on the relevant state, and there are exceptions that can shorten or lengthen such deadlines. For example, when making claims against governmental entities, depending on the laws of a particular state, much shorter time deadlines can apply as well as notification requirements to the appropriate governmental entity or municipality. In some cases, a combination of different types of legal claims may exist that involve different time frames, which may be due to multiple defendants and/or even the laws of more than one jurisdiction.
As such, we advise clients to take action as soon as possible when they learn they might have a legal cause of action. Some states have shorter statutes of limitations on wrongful death cases than on personal injury cases, so it is even more important to act quickly. Moreover, in auto accident cases, many insurance policies owned by the victim or the victim’s family also have timely notification requirements, where if a claim is not filed in time or appropriate notice is not given, the family of the decedent can lose valuable insurance, such as Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage.
In addition to the above legal and contractual deadlines, there are other reasons to act without delay: important evidence necessary for a case can disappear or become destroyed, and witnesses can go missing or forget what happened. As such, do not delay in seeking legal assistance, as you have a limited amount of time to pursue your claim.
1. Treat your case as if it were our own. We'll treat you the same way we would want to be treated – as if it were our own case, or the case of a close friend or family member.
2. Protect you from powerful insurance companies. One of the first things the insurance adjuster will typically say is that you do not need an attorney. That's because the insurance company's goal is to pay you as little money as possible. And they know that injured people get substantially more money with an attorney representing them. With over 37 years of experience dealing with insurance companies, we can help you navigate through the insurance company minefields and avoid any traps.
3. Analyze your case at no charge to you. We'll evaluate your situation and advise you how to best protect your rights, at no charge to you. We invite you to call us 24 hours a day, including weekends and holidays to request a free consultation with one of our experienced personal injury lawyers. Or use our 24/7 online chat right here on our website.
4. Vigorously fight on your behalf in order to obtain all the compensation and benefits you deserve. There's always a lot at stake after a serious injury, and when our clients rely on us for help, we never take that situation lightly. We work extremely hard, and we will always do the right thing when it comes to our clients.
5. Give your case our personal attention. We tell our clients: "We want you to concentrate on getting well. We want to hear from you if you have any questions or concerns. We work for you, not the other way around."
6. Promptly return phone calls and keep you informed. We are sure you've heard about professionals who do not return phone calls. Or, perhaps you have spoken to people using other law firms who never knew what was going on with their case. That won't happen with us. We keep our clients well informed of important developments and routinely send copies of correspondence regarding their case.
7. Be there for you when you need us most. When our clients first call us after a serious injury, they're understandably really worried. And we say to them, "You don't have to do this alone." We'll take on the insurance company for you and help you get the money you deserve for your medical treatments, lost wages, car repairs and pain and suffering. That's the kind of help we've been giving for over 37 years.
8. Always treat you with dignity and respect. Our promise is to operate at all times with honesty, integrity, high moral character and unquestionable ethics. And we'll treat you with kindness and give you and your family the dignity and respect that you deserve.
Our fatal accident and injury attorneys fight hard to get our clients the compensation they deserve. No matter where you are located, we are just a phone call away. For your Free Consultation contact Montlick & Associates, Nationwide 24/7 at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) or by simply dialing #WIN (#946) from your mobile phone. We also can be contacted at Montlick.com where you can submit a Free Case Evaluation Form 24/7 or utilize our 24-Hour Live Chat.
*Dollars recovered are cumulative and not indicative of individual case results. Each case is unique. Results depend on the facts and applicable law.
**Legal Services are provided by Montlick & Associates, P.C. and local associated law firms at no additional cost to you depending on the jurisdiction, and any specialized expertise required. For more information, click here.