Tucker Construction Accidents Attorneys
Helping Injured Construction Workers Rebuild Their Lives– Tucker Construction Accident Lawyers
While some people assume that construction injuries are uncommon, the risk of injury facing those in the construction trades is much higher than in other occupations. When a construction worker suffers serious injury, the worker and his or her entire family may experience difficult challenges, including chronic pain, demanding treatment regimens, extreme emotional distress and overwhelming financial obstacles. Construction accidents may cause traumatic brain injuries, back and neck injuries and other severe injuries that prevent one from living a normal life unimpaired by physical or mental limitations.
At Montlick and Associates, our experienced and dedicated Tucker construction accident attorneys have been providing effective legal representation to those injured in accidents on construction projects for nearly thirty years. Individuals injured on construction sites may be unable to continue the same type of physically demanding labor so a personal injury case may provide the resources to obtain quality medical care and replacement income to provide for your family. We recognize that many construction accident victims have never been involved in the legal process so we work diligently to provide timely updates and straightforward answers to our clients’ questions.
Workers' Compensation Claims & Third-Party Personal Injury Claims in Tucker Construction Accidents
When you are injured in a construction accident, you generally will have a right to pursue workers' compensation benefits from your employer’s insurance carrier. These benefits include free medical treatment, temporary disability pay and compensation for any permanent disability. The workers' compensation system provides these benefits even when your injuries were not caused by any negligent conduct involving your employer or co-workers. Although this eliminates the need to establish fault to obtain workers' compensation benefits, the available recovery is usually fairly limited compared to what may be recovered in a personal injury claim.
Because we recognize that construction accident victims often suffer serious, debilitating injuries, we investigate all possible avenues to maximize the potential recovery for our clients. We explore the facts and circumstances of our client’s construction accident to identify viable third-parties against whom we may pursue a personal injury lawsuit. While the negligent conduct of a third-party must be established in a personal injury claim, the types of damages that are available generally are far more extensive. A personal injury claim may include financial compensation for pain and suffering, emotional distress, impact on quality of life, punitive damages, loss of consortium and other forms of compensation not covered by the workers' compensation system.
Common Types of Tucker Construction Injuries
We handle a broad spectrum of construction accidents in Tucker and the surrounding areas of Georgia, which include but are not limited to the following:
- Electrocution and Burn Injuries: These accidents may result in damage to internal organs, skin burns, spinal cord injuries, heart damage, broken bones and death. Severe injuries of this nature may require long periods of physical rehabilitation.
- Injuries from Scaffolding Accidents: These types of injuries generally result in the most debilitating permanent injuries. Because scaffoldings may be assembled improperly or defective, these types of errors may result in falls from high elevations.
- Trench Collapse Accidents: Construction projects often involve tunnels and trenches that can collapse and cause suffocation, bone crush injuries and fatalities.
- Falls from Elevations: Falls comprise a full one-third of all construction site mishaps, which is the most common type of construction accident. There are many types of falling accidents that occur on construction sites, including falls down elevator shafts, trip and falls and falls from partially constructed roofs.
- Heavy Equipment Accidents: Many types of machinery can cause devastating injuries when operators are not adequately trained or fail to operate the equipment properly. The typical construction site has many types of heavy equipment that may cause injury, such as forklifts, tractors, cranes, bulldozers and more.
Construction accident legal claims are complex because they often involve multiple parties in a rapidly evolving work environment. Evidence can be altered or destroyed, which complicates the process of proving one’s claim. The need to establish the fault of a third-party makes timely investigation of the accident scene and equipment important to protecting your construction accident personal injury claim.
If you are injured in a Tucker construction accident, we invite you to let our experienced Tucker construction accident attorneys work diligently to maximize your recovery and to inform you of your rights. Be aware of your legal rights! If you have been injured on a construction project, you may be eligible for financial compensation. Call now for your FREE CONSULTATION with Montlick and Associates' experienced Tucker construction accident attorneys. Our attorneys are available to help you and may even visit you if needed. You can call us anytime 24/7 at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) for your FREE CONSULTATION. Alternatively, you can visit our website at www.montlick.com to make use of our FREE CASE EVALUATION FORM or 24-hour live online chat service.