Riverdale Auto Accident Attorneys
Riverdale car accident victims confront tough challenges after they have sustained injuries in a car accident. Some of the challenges that they may face include intense emotional distress, debilitating physical pain, a long arduous course of rehabilitation and even multiple surgeries. The selection of a law firm to handle your car accident legal claim is important because the firm will investigate the factual basis for your claim, negotiate with the insurance companies and present your legal arguments to a judge or jury. An experienced Riverdale car accident attorney can diffuse potential problems and avoid pitfalls that can undermine your Riverdale car accident case.
Experienced Riverdale auto accident attorneys understand that their clients are much more than “an injury victim”; they are parents, children, spouses, siblings and friends to those close to them, which means that they deserve to be treated with dignity, respect and compassion. The aftermath of a Riverdale auto accident can be confusing and disorienting, but if you are physically able there are many ways you can begin building your car accident claim:
- Make sure everyone is out of the path of traffic and call 911
- Get insurance, registration and driver’s license information for all drivers involved
- Obtain the name and contact information of any witnesses
- Explain to the police officer how you believe the other driver caused the accident
- Take photos of all vehicles, vehicle damage, injuries and the surrounding area
- Secure the officer’s name, badge number and/or accident report number, if available
- Seek immediate medical attention and follow through on all diagnostic analysis, medical treatment and physical therapy
Car accidents in Riverdale most commonly are the result of negligent drivers that engage in a wide range of dangerous driving practices, including speeding, drinking and driving, inattentive driving, tailgating, illegal turns or lane changes and other forms of hazardous driving. When you are injured in an accident caused by a driver who is engaged in any of these hazardous driving practices or other forms of inappropriate driving, an experienced Riverdale car accident lawyer may be able to help you obtain financial recovery for medical bills, lost income, vehicle damage, pain and suffering, negative impact on your quality of life and more. Strict deadlines apply for filing a Riverdale car accident claim so you should contact an experienced attorney to handle your claim promptly.
The Risk of Serious Injury in Riverdale Car Accidents
Even though more drivers are driving around in safer cars than fifty years ago, car accidents still happen with alarming frequency. Recent statistics indicate that there continues to be over 5 million car accidents per year resulting in more than 30,000 fatalities. Because so many people are injured in car accidents, it is critical that drivers always insist that everyone in their vehicle wear a seatbelt. Vehicle occupants that wear a seatbelt reduce the risk of catastrophic injury and fatalities significantly. Studies reveal that 63 percent of those who die in fatal car accidents are not wearing seatbelts. Seatbelts keep vehicle occupants in the vehicle where they have the benefit of the protection of the frame and body of the vehicle.
The force of impact that is imposed on the human body in collisions that may occur at freeway speeds can be devastating. There are many different types of car accidents based on the type of vehicle and angle of impact including:
- Sideswipe accidents when motorists steer into a vehicle in an adjacent lane without looking
- Head-on collisions that are the result of drunk or drug-impaired drivers or unsafe passing
- Rollover accidents that may be caused by top heavy SUVs or 15 passenger vans that suffer tire blowouts
- Rear-end collisions, which often occur when drivers are not focusing on the road
- T-bone collisions when drivers disregard stoplights, stop signs and right-of-way rules
- Back-over accidents caused by drivers that fail to check for small children before getting in their vehicle
- Run off the road accidents that may be caused by tire blowouts or drivers that lose control when employing evasive maneuvers to avoid a collision
Why Are Riverdale Car Accidents Still Happening?
Car accidents are still happening on Riverdale roads on a daily basis for a variety of reasons, including the following:
- Driving under the influence of drugs (prescription or illegal narcotics), alcohol, or other forms of over-the-counter medication
- Violations of the Georgia Rules of the Road
- Failure to adapt driving to weather conditions
- Lack of focus on the road
- Not reducing speed in school zones, construction zones and high pedestrian traffic areas
- Poor road design or construction
- Tailgating and other forms of unsafe aggressive driving
- Failing to confirm it is clear before turning or changing lanes
- Speeding which increases both the risk of an accident and the severity
The legal theory for imposing liability in virtually all Riverdale car accidents is negligence. While it is typically the negligence of another driver at the core of most Riverdale car accident claims, this is not always the case. Sometimes the condition of the roadway, defects in a vehicle, substandard repair by a shop or other forms of negligence may contribute to a Riverdale car accident. An experienced Riverdale auto accident lawyer can investigate and analyze the facts of your case to develop a compelling legal strategy.
Compensation for Severe Debilitating Injuries
While the injuries that you suffer in a Riverdale car accident may vary in severity, virtually all injuries cause significant pain and some period of disability. When the severity of your injuries requires surgery, extensive rehabilitation and prolonged periods during which you cannot return to work, your physical injuries will typically promote stress, anxiety and concerns about your ability to provide for the financial needs of you and your family. Car accidents may cause broken bones, back and spinal cord injuries, loss of limbs, extensive burn injuries, damage to tendons or ligaments, whiplash and other injuries.
When you speak to an experienced and dedicated motor vehicle accident attorney at Montlick and Associates, we routinely provide legal advice and representation in the full range of motor vehicle accident cases, including single car accidents, multi-car accidents, motorcycle accidents, bicycle accidents, tractor-trailer accidents, pedestrian accidents, SUV rollovers and other types of vehicle collisions.
If you or someone you love has suffered a serious personal injury or a loved one has died, our experienced Riverdale car accident attorneys are committed to representing personal injury and wrongful death victims in obtaining compensation to rebuild their lives and support their families. Call now for a FREE CONSULTATION with Montlick and Associates' experienced Riverdale auto accident attorneys. Our attorneys are available to help you and may even visit you if needed. You can call us anytime 24/7 at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) for a FREE CONSULTATION. Alternatively, you can visit our website www.montlick.com to make use of our FREE CASE EVALUATION FORM or 24-hour live online chat service.