North Druid Hills Medical Malpractice Attorney
Compensation for Victims of Medical Errors—North Druid Hills Medical Malpractice Attorneys
Medical malpractice cases can be extremely difficult to prove because they involve complex issues of causation and the appropriate standard of care as well as establishing a deviation from that standard of professional care. The challenge of proving a medical malpractice case does not reduce the urgency of obtaining financial compensation for Georgia medical malpractice victims that suffer serious injuries. There are many types of medical malpractice that can result in permanent mental or physical disability or even loss of life.
The experienced North Druid Hills medical malpractice attorneys at Montlick & Associates recognize the enormous physical and financial challenges of suffering an injury resulting in permanent disability caused by medical negligence. Whether you are injured by negligent surgery that causes spinal cord damage, anesthesia error that results in brain damage, or the amputation of the wrong limb, medical malpractice can have a severe debilitating impact on a patient’s quality of life. Permanent catastrophic injuries caused by substandard medical care can result in loss of mobility, impaired mental functioning, and the inability to work. While we cannot give a medical malpractice victim back the ability to work or walk, we can seek financial compensation to aid our clients in maintaining the highest quality of life.
While many forms of medical malpractice may result in a wide variety of permanent injuries some examples of permanent disability cases involving negligent medical care include the following:
- Unnoticed Infection: A patient receives a surgical procedure and suffers an infection that is not noticed. The infection spreads necessitating additional surgery and results in permanent disability.
- Inappropriate Use of Anesthesia: A patient is placed under a certain form of anesthesia despite evidence in the patient’s medical records that the patient had a serious issue with that anesthesia previously. The patient suffers severe brain damage because of lack of oxygen to the brain.
- Negligent Baby Delivery: Because an expectant mother is experiencing complications during a pregnancy, it is determined that a C-Section is required. The attending physician fails to promptly perform a C-Section so the child suffers cerebral palsy, which may mean permanent physical and mental disability.
- Improper Medication: A hospital staff member administers the incorrect medication to a patient despite the proper medication being indicated on the chart, which results in permanent disability.
- Negligent Heart Surgery: A surgeon performs an unnecessary heart surgery that triggers an improper heart valve function or blood clot.
- Errors Related to Hemorrhaging: A surgery patient suffers hemorrhaging from a surgical procedure, but the medical team fails to detect or adequately address the issue resulting in permanent injuries.
- Diagnosis or Lab Errors: A medical professional fails to order a mammography despite finding a lump in the patient’s breast. Lab tests may also be performed incorrectly or results may not be interpreted correctly.
These are merely a small sampling of the types of medical malpractice scenarios that may result in permanent, severe injuries or even wrongful death. Many medical errors do not constitute medical malpractice because they are not the cause of injury to the patient. Our North Druid Hills medical malpractice litigation team is comprised of experienced medical malpractice attorneys. We are familiar with the strategies used by malpractice providers to deny substandard care or causation and diligently labor to construct compelling legal strategies when seeking compensation for our clients.
When Medical Mistakes Have Permanent and Devastating Consequences
Our dedicated team of North Druid Hills medical malpractice attorneys routinely analyzes medical records, locates appropriate medical experts and deals effectively with the lawyers and medical malpractice carriers that represent medical professionals including doctors and hospitals. Our experienced North Druid Hills medical malpractice attorneys have spent many years developing a network of medical experts that we can use to verify standards of treatment and confirm the causal connection between a medical error and a wrongful death.
Be aware of your legal rights! If you have been the victim of medical malpractice in North Druid Hills or the surrounding area, you may be eligible for financial compensation. Call now for a FREE CONSULTATION with Montlick & Associates' experienced North Druid Hills medical malpractice attorneys.
Our attorneys are available to help you and may even visit you if needed. You can call us anytime 24/7 at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) for your FREE CONSULTATION. Alternatively, you can visit our website, www.montlick.com, to make use of our FREE CASE EVALUATION FORM or 24-hour live online chat service.