Conyers is a convenient place to work and visit if you live in Georgia so we see a high number of cars, trucks and SUVs that flood our freeways and streets making the risk of being involved in a serious Conyers auto accident substantial. If you are injured in a collision in Conyers you may suffer severe injuries and be forced to deal with significant financial challenges. An experienced Conyers car accident attorney can protect your interest and provide invaluable assistance when navigating the legal and insurance claim process.
Serious Conyers auto accidents most commonly result from the negligent or reckless behavior of another driver. Many injuries suffered in these collisions can have long-term and even permanent consequences, including injuries to the head with bleeding and/or bruising of the brain, injuries involving the back or neck that cause whiplash or damage to the disc or spinal cord, and severe damage to internal organs. Injuries to the limbs also often occur, resulting in broken bones, dislocations, torn tendons/ligaments and even the loss of a limb. While any of these injuries may cause excruciating pain, they also may have a significant psychological impact.
Compensation for the High Toll of Conyers Auto Accidents
It is never advisable to be self-represented in a Conyers car accident claim. The procedural rules, court rules, and substantive law involved in the successful pursuit of a Conyers motor vehicle accident case are complex and make it essential to work with an experienced and skilled Conyers auto accident attorney. A qualified Conyers car accident law firm will have the experience, financial resources and legal knowledge to take on a well-funded insurance company and to seek a wide spectrum of damages that can provide for many financial needs, such as:
- Astronomical medical bills and rehabilitation costs associated with future disability
- Loss of pay at work
- Future diminished earning capacity
- Preventing the risk of losing assets because of an inability to work and pay household bills and mortgage
- Intangible costs such as emotional stress as well as pain and suffering
- Costs associated with damaged property like the damage sustained by your car
- Possible burial costs/funeral expenses associated with loss of human life
- Compensation for gross negligence (punitive damages)
- Loss of companionship of a spouse and loss of services
It is of paramount importance that anyone injured in a Conyers motor vehicle accident seeks the legal advice of an experienced Conyers car accident lawyer prior to speaking with insurance adjusters. Accident victims should never agree to provide a verbal or written statement or sign any written documents regarding the claim without first consulting a Conyers car accident attorney. Our Conyers auto accident lawyers are experienced in negotiating with insurance companies so they can help innocent victims avoid typical pitfalls that may derail their Conyers car accident claim.
Identifying Viable Defendants in a Conyers Motor Vehicle Accident Case
Liability for car accidents lies most often with negligent drivers but can involve the negligent actions of other parties. Any party who fails to use reasonable care to avoid foreseeable harm or injury may be considered negligent. These other types of negligent parties that may be liable for a Conyers motor vehicle accident include:
- Individuals who loan their cars to inexperienced, unlicensed or unqualified drivers
- Manufacturers of vehicles or vehicle parts that are defective in some way
- Family members that allow children or others to use of their vehicle
- Employers who do not have policies that promote safe driving by employees while on the job
- The failure on the part of city, state or federal governing bodies to design or maintain safe roads
Some auto accident victims may feel that liability is clear cut and may be tempted to forgo the advice of an experienced Conyers auto accident attorney. Our Conyers car accident lawyers analyze our client's collision and identify all parties whose unsafe behavior caused or contributed to the accident. If our client is rear-ended by an uninsured driver or a driver with inadequate insurance coverage, for example, our Conyers auto accident attorneys can pursue the claim against other viable parties. If there are no viable defendants in the case, we may investigate getting the claim paid by your own insurance company if you have uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage.
What Constitutes Negligence in a Conyers Auto Accident Case?
The causes of Conyers auto accidents are too lengthy to provide a comprehensive list, but some common risk factors include:
- DUI/DWI (Driving under the influence)
- Using a mobile phone to text message or talk
- Public entities that do not exercise reasonable care in the design and maintenance of roads
- Failing to comply with Georgia speed limits and the Basic Speed Law in poor weather or heavy traffic
- Operating a vehicle with bald tires or improper tire pressure
- Tailgating or zigzagging in and out of traffic
- Blowing through red lights and stop signs
- Defective vehicles or lack of vehicle maintenance
- Drivers that are not paying attention to the road
- Lack of care when changing lanes or turning
Whatever the cause of your auto collision, our Conyers car accident lawyers understand the importance of conducting an investigation thoroughly and carefully for our clients. We develop persuasive legal strategies and then work diligently to negotiate an appropriate settlement for our clients. An experienced Conyers motor vehicle accident law firm will have handled all types of accidents, including single car run off the road accidents, rollover accidents, multi-car chain reaction collisions, tractor-trailer collisions, motorcycle crashes, drunk driving accidents and distracted driving collisions.
Know your legal rights! If you or someone you love has been injured in a Conyers auto accident, our experienced Conyers car accident lawyers at Montlick and Associates are committed to seeking the best possible outcome for our clients. We encourage you to schedule a free consultation because there is absolutely no obligation for us to evaluate your Conyers car accident claim. No matter where you are located our attorneys are just a phone call away, and we will even come to you. Call us 24 hours a day/7 days a week for your Free Consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333). You can also visit us online at www.montlick.com and use our Free Case Evaluation Form or 24-hour Live Online Chat.