Carrollton Auto Accident Attorneys
There are over a trillion miles of roadways including highways, freeways, city streets and rural roads that blanket the country. Even with all of these roadways, the massive number of cars that travel the roads of Carrollton and the greater Atlanta metro area often overwhelm the capacity of our streets and highways, resulting in heavy traffic, irritated drivers and car accidents. There are more than six million car accident annually in the U.S. that result in approximately 30,000 fatalities and injuries to hundreds of thousands of other drivers, passengers, motorcyclists, bicyclists and pedestrians. Most of these car accidents are preventable if drivers stay sober, focus on the their driving and obey traffic safety laws.
Montlick and Associates has been seeking the compensation Carrollton car accident victims need to pay for medical bills, to compensate for lost income and to provide for their future and that of their families since our law firm was founded in 1984. Our law firm is devoted to providing compassionate and effective legal representation to our clients based on high ethical standards. The skill and experienced of our Carrollton auto accident attorneys have allowed us to develop a reputation with insurance adjusters and our peers for aggressively pursuing the best possible outcome for our clients.
Most Frequent Forms of Negligent Driving in Carrollton Car Accidents
The standard basis for imposing liability in most Carrollton car accident claims is negligence. Although the negligence that causes most collision is usually that of another driver, other parties may also contribute to car crashes that result in serious injury and even fatalities. The legal term of negligence in this context essentially refers to the failure of a driver to exercise reasonable care to avoid causing foreseeable harm to another person. The types of negligent conduct that may contribute to a Carrollton car accident, include but are not limited to the following:
- Drinking and driving
- Driving while distracted by electronic devices or other forms of distraction
- Exceeding the speed limit or driving too rapidly given traffic, weather and road conditions
- Not allowing sufficient space too stop when following another vehicle
- Executing unsafe turns
- Ignoring right of way rules
- Disregarding traffic signals and traffic signs
- Lack of caution in construction zones
- Engaging in aggressive driving practices
What Other Party’s Negligence May Contribute to a Carrollton Auto Collision?
While these are some of the most typical types of negligence by drivers that may cause serious car accidents in Carrollton, other parties also may engage in negligent conduct that contributes to car accident related injuries and fatalities including:
- Vehicle owners who entrust their car to drivers they know are inexperienced or have poor driving records
- Public entities that either design roads with avoidable hazards or fail to correct known hazards
- Companies involved in the car manufacturing, distribution and sale of defective cars
- Employers for the negligent driving of their employees when engaged in activities on the employers behalf
In many cases, the negligence of more than one party may have contributed to a Carrollton car accident. This is important because the primary way that victims are compensated for their injuries and loss in collisions is by insurance. Our experienced Carrollton car accident lawyers work diligently to identify all potential defendants so that we can determine the best strategy for pursuing your auto accident claim including which potential defendants have available insurance and assets to satisfy a judgement or settlement.
Seeking Many Forms of Compensation for Serious Car Accident Injuries
The severe injuries that may be suffered in Carrollton car accidents often result in long periods of disability and rehabilitation, intense pain and permanent changes to the car accident victim’s quality of life. These physical injuries also result in emotional obstacles and financial hardships. While there are many types of physical injuries that may be suffered in an auto collision in Carrollton, some of the most common types of injuries include:
- Fractures, broken bones and bone crush injuries
- Dislocations and other soft tissue injuries
- Spinal injuries resulting in paralysis or loss of feeling in one’s extremities
- Whiplash of the neck
- Ruptured disc or other back injuries
- Traumatic brain injury
- Amputation injuries
- Wrongful death
When our clients suffer injuries in Carrollton car accidents, we work hard to obtain the best outcome for our car accident injury clients. We know that the financial compensation you receive through a car accident settlement or judgement will provide the financial foundation for your recovery and for moving past your injuries. While the specific compensation that may be available for your injuries depends on the particular facts of your case, we may be able to seek some or all of the following types of damages:
- Financial loss related to employment (wages, salary, commission)
- Expenses associated with medical care and rehabilitation
- Compensation for pain and suffering
- Reduction in future earning potential
- Adverse impact on enjoyment of life experiences
- Impairment of services or companionship of a spouse
- Expenses related to funeral or burial in wrongful death cases
- Punitive damages for reckless behavior
Be aware of your legal rights! If you have been injured because of the failure of a driver on the streets or highways of Carrollton to engage in prudent driving practices, you may be eligible for financial compensation. Call now for a FREE CONSULTATION with Montlick and Associates experienced Carrollton car accident attorneys.
Our Carrollton auto accident attorneys are available to help you and may even visit you if needed. You can call us anytime 24/7 at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333) for a FREE CONSULTATION. Alternatively, you can visit our website www.montlick.com to make use of our FREE CASE EVALUATION FORM or 24-hour live online chat service.