What to Know About Parking Lot Accident Personal Injury Claims
Accidents in parking lots can result in serious and sometimes fatal injuries. Parking lot accidents are very common, as they are often replete with vehicles and people walking to their destination such as a supermarket or other type of establishment.
Parking lot accidents often occur due to the negligence of drivers. Examples are when drivers:
- Fail to look for pedestrians or vehicles when backing out of a parking space
- Go in reverse too far and strike a car that is parked behind them or a pedestrian
- Make broad turns into a parking space that is tight and hitting the parked car located next to them
- Speed in lanes as other cars are backing out of their parking spaces, striking them or pedestrians
- Travel the wrong way down parking lot lanes, hitting cars or pedestrians
- Fail to yield to the right of way to oncoming cars when attempting to make a left turn
- Fail to adhere to parking signs
If you are involved in a parking lot accident, it is crucial to get the name and contact information of the parties involved in the accident. If there are injuries following the parking lot accident, call 911 immediately. It is also important to jot down their license plate number, license number, insurance information, etc. It is also helpful, if possible, to take photographs of the scene of the accident and obtain statements from witnesses as well as their names and contact information. You should also call for law enforcement to come to the scene and create an accident report, the information of which is vital when establishing fault in your case. Furthermore, It is critical that you also seek medical attention, even if you think you have not been seriously injured.
Put Our Law Firm's Over 36 Years Of Legal Experience To Work For Your Case!
If you have been injured by any type of accident caused by someone else's negligence, call Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law for your free consultation today. Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law has been representing those who suffer serious injuries for over 36 years.
No matter where you are located our attorneys are just a phone call away, and we will even come to you. Call us 24 hours day/7 days a week for your Free Consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333). You can also visit us online at Montlick.com and use our Free Case Evaluation Form or 24-hour live chat.