Injured? Dial #WIN or #946 from your cellphone for your free consultation or call 1-800-LAW-NEED.
Call Us 24/7
1-800-LAW-NEED
( 1-800-529-6333 )

Warnings to Vapers – E-Cigarettes, or Vapes, are Highly Dangerous


March 16, 2019

CHARLOTTE, N.C. – According to fox46charlotte.com, people are highly unaware of the dangers of e-cigarettes and vaping.*

The Charlotte Fire Department seeks to warn users of the hazards of using e-cigarettes or “vapes,” which include catastrophic battery explosions, resulting in fires to residences, burns to people using the e-cigarettes, and fiery explosions that turn the e-cigarettes into projectiles.  Several explosions associated with the use of e-cigarettes have been reported across the United States.  

According to the fire department, many of the explosions of the vapes are caused by consumer misuse, and the dangers associated therewith depend heavily on which vape you purchase.  "Most vapes are going to be protected by chips and they're going to have multiple safety checks on the batteries they won't let you do a thing if they sense anything wrong with the battery,” a member of the Charlotte Fire Department stated. 

Several vape accidents have been caused by people falling asleep while vaping and leaving the vape next to a flammable surface, such as on a bed.  

Additionally, fast chargers have been known to cause vape related because the faster the charge, the faster these vapes heat up and potentially catch fire. "Smart chargers or the fast chargers or something like that can overheat the vape only because there's so much amperage going through the battery that it didn't expect,” the member of the Charlotte Fire Department noted.

The dangers of using e-cigarettes is illustrated by the death of a twenty four year old man from Fort Worth, Texas who died while using a vape for the first time that he had just bought from a local smoke shop.

Members of the man’s family indicate that shortly after buying the vape, it exploded where  he was found deceased on the pavement just outside his grandmother’s vehicle.

According to the Tarrant County Medical Examiner’s office, the cause of the man’s death was due to an explosion that caused his left carotid artery to be severed. While in the car to the hospital, the man had a stroke and eventually had bleeding in the brain as a result of the stroke.  

Put Our Law Firm's Over 35 Years Of Legal Experience To Work For Your Case!

If you have been injured in any type of accident caused by someone else’s negligence, call Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law for your free consultation today. Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law has been representing those who suffer serious injuries throughout the Southeast for over 35 years, including but not limited to all smaller cities and rural areas.

No matter where you are located our attorneys are just a phone call away, and we will even come to you. Call us 24 hours day/7 days a week for your Free Consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333). You can also visit us online at www.montlick.com and use our Free Case Evaluation Form or 24-hour live chat.

Source:http://www.fox46charlotte.com/news/local-news/charlotte-vape-shop-owner-fire-department-issue-warning-to-users

Category: Personal Injury

Please Note:
Many of our blog articles discuss the law. All information provided about the law is very general in nature and should not be relied upon as legal advice. Every situation is different, and should be analyzed by a lawyer who can provide individualized advice based on the facts involved in your unique situation, and a consideration of all of the nuances of the statutes and case law that apply at the time.