Montlick and Associates Offer Motorcycle Safety Tips for Georgia Bikers
Motorcycle accidents are often serious and sometimes even fatal given the lack of protection a motorcycle offers versus a passenger vehicle. That is why the Georgia Motorcycle Accident Attorneys at Montlick and Associates are offering the following tips to keep Georgia motorcyclists safe:
- Wear protective clothing. This should include wearing leather clothes, shoes with non-skid soles and gloves, if possible. This tip also includes wearing reflective tape so others can see you, especially at night.
- Wear a helmet. This is a no brainer, as helmets save lives. Not wearing a helmet during an accident can lead to traumatic brain injuries and even death.
- Always follow traffic rules.
- Always go the speed limit and do not weave in and out of lanes.
- Be sure if you are riding with others to drive in single file.
- Drive as defensively as possible. Assume others cannot see you while riding. Many motorcycle accidents are caused by a driver violating a motorcyclist’s right of way. Also be sure to signal drivers as to your intended direction. Furthermore, always watch for vehicles that are turning.
- Ride sober and awake.
- Do not drink and ride your bike, as riding while impaired can lead to serious injuries and even death. Also, driving while fatigued can also lead to serious consequences.
- Maintain your bike. Be sure to always keep your bike in good repair, which includes checking the integrity of your signals, tires and fluid levels.
- Follow the speed limit – if you speed while on a motorcycle, you are more likely to have an accident, often one with fatal results. Always follow the applicable speed limit to stay safe.
Put Our Law Firm's Over 36 Years Of Legal Experience To Work For Your Case!
If you have been injured in any type of accident caused by someone else’s negligence, call Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law for your free consultation today. Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law has been representing those who suffer serious injuries throughout all of Georgia and in the Southeast for over 36 years, including but not limited to Albany, Athens, Atlanta, Augusta, Columbus, Gainesville, Macon, Marietta, Rome, Roswell, Savannah, Smyrna, Valdosta, Warner Robins and all smaller cities and rural areas in the state.
No matter where you are located our attorneys are just a phone call away, and we will even come to you. Call us 24 hours day/7 days a week for your Free Consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333). You can also visit us online at www.montlick.com and use our Free Case Evaluation Form or 24-hour live chat.
Sources: cited within
Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law
17 Executive Park Dr NE
Atlanta, GA 30329
Telephone: 1 (800) LAW-NEED
Telephone: 1 (404) 529-6333