Montlick and Associates Offer Summer Swimming Safety Tips
With summer in full swing, Montlick and Associates is offering critical safety tips to keep Georgia citizens safe from drowning accidents. Accordingly, pursuant to the American Red Cross’ website, the following are the most critical steps you can take to prevent drowning:
- Never swim alone; always have a buddy swim with you.
- Abide by swimming restrictions. If a section of a lake is sectioned off due to dangerous conditions, do not enter that area. There is a reason why swimmers are prohibited from entering that area, so abide by the restrictions at all times.
- Wear a U.S. coast guard approved life jacket if you are unable to swim or a beginner swimmer; do not just rely on life jackets alone.
- Never leave a child unattended near water; teach children to ask permission from an adult before swimming. Always watch children while they are in the water, not taking your eyes off of them for even a minute.
- Do not engage in distracting activities when watching children around water. This includes talking with others, texting, emailing, or talking on the phone.
- If your child is missing around water, check the water first as it takes only minutes for a child to drown.
“Learn how to swim and make sure your children become experienced swimmers; enroll in Red Cross home pool safety, water safety, first aid and CPR/AED courses to learn how to prevent and respond to emergencies.”
Avoid alcohol and caffeinated drinks when around water, as these can cause dehydration as well as impairment, making it unsafe for you to swim and to responsibly watch children around water.
Put Our Law Firm's Over 36 Years Of Legal Experience To Work For Your Case!
If you have been injured in any type of accident caused by someone else’s negligence, call Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law for your free consultation today. Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law has been representing those who suffer serious injuries throughout all of Georgia and in the Southeast for over 36 years, including but not limited to Albany, Athens, Atlanta, Augusta, Columbus, Gainesville, Macon, Marietta, Rome, Roswell, Savannah, Smyrna, Valdosta, Warner Robins and all smaller cities and rural areas in the state.
No matter where you are located our attorneys are just a phone call away, and we will even come to you. Call us 24 hours day/7 days a week for your Free Consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333). You can also visit us online at www.montlick.com and use our Free Case Evaluation Form or 24-hour live chat.
Sources: cited within
Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law
17 Executive Park Dr NE
Atlanta, GA 30329
Telephone: 1 (800) LAW-NEED
Telephone: 1 (404) 529-6333