Montlick and Associates Offers Tips for Pedestrian & Bicycle Safety
Pedestrian and bicycle accidents across the United States and in Georgia are on the rise, which is why the seasoned Georgia Pedestrian and Bicycle Accident Attorneys are offering the following safety tips to avoid injuries and death to Georgia pedestrians and bicyclists:
- Pedestrian Safety Tips
- Wear bright and/or light colored reflective closing for drivers to be able to see you, especially at night. Carry a flashlight with you when walking about at night.
- Cross a street in well-lit areas only so drivers can spot you.
- Use the sidewalk when on the roadway.
- Always look before crossing a road; don’t assume that drivers will obey pedestrian signals.
- Use crosswalks when crossing the street. Also rely upon traffic signals such as the WALK and DO NOT WALK signs to allow you to cross safely.
- Stay sober, as walking on a roadway while impaired, whether due to alcohol and/or drugs, affects your better judgment, making you more vulnerable to being hit.
Bicycle Safety Tips
- Wear reflective/highly visible clothing so that drivers can easily see you.
- Install lights on your bicycle so you are visible at all times, especially if you are riding your bicycle at night.
- Wear a helmet. This is a no brainer, as helmets save lives. Not wearing a helmet during an accident can lead to traumatic brain injuries and even death.
- Follow all traffic rules, which includes riding in single file when with other bikers.
- Ride sober. Do not drink/use drugs before you ride your bicycle, as riding while impaired can lead to serious injuries and even death.
- Maintain your bicycle. Be sure to always keep your bike in good repair, which includes checking the integrity of your tires, spokes, wheels and other important parts of your bicycle.
- Use hand signals to alert drivers as to your intended direction.
Whether you are a bicyclist or pedestrian, there is now a map that demonstrates where most of the pedestrian and bicycle accidents occur in the greater Atlanta area. Visit myajc.com to learn more.
Put Our Law Firm's Over 36 Years Of Legal Experience To Work For Your Case!
If you have been injured in any type of accident caused by someone else’s negligence, call Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law for your free consultation today. Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law has been representing those who suffer serious injuries throughout all of Georgia and in the Southeast for over 36 years, including but not limited to Albany, Athens, Atlanta, Augusta, Columbus, Gainesville, Macon, Marietta, Rome, Roswell, Savannah, Smyrna, Valdosta, Warner Robins and all smaller cities and rural areas in the state.
No matter where you are located our attorneys are just a phone call away, and we will even come to you. Call us 24 hours day/7 days a week for your Free Consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333). You can also visit us online at www.montlick.com and use our Free Case Evaluation Form or 24-hour live chat.
Sources: cited within
Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law
17 Executive Park Dr NE
Atlanta, GA 30329
Telephone: 1 (800) LAW-NEED
Telephone: 1 (404) 529-6333