Bicycle Safety: Finding and Maintaining the Right Helmet
GEORGIA – May 23, 2018 (gahighwaysafety.com) On its website, the Georgia Governor’s Office of Highway Safety provides pointers for bicycle safety, including how to find the right helmet, how to fit your helmet, and how to maintain your helmet.
To be sure you have found a properly fitting helmet, keep the following guidance in mind:
- The helmet should fit securely, and you can use the sponge pads that come with the helmet to achieve a proper fit.
- Sponge pads can come in several sizes, and you can place them in various spots inside the helmet until you have a comfortable, secure fit.
- The helmet should feel snug but not overly tight. When you push the helmet from front to back, you should only be able to move it about an inch.
- Secure the straps of the helmet so that they form a V-shape below the ears. The front straps should sit vertically, and the back straps should be flat without any slack in them.
- If you find your helmet is leaning too far forward, adjust the back straps. If it is leaning too far backward, adjust the front straps.
- In a proper fit, you should be able to slide one finger between your chin and the chin strap.
To maintain your helmet, use the following tips:
- Clean your helmet using only mild soap and warm water. You do not want to use harsh chemicals or any automotive polishes to clean or wax your helmet, as these can damage your helmet.
- Only use supplies approved by helmet dealers to decorate your helmet. Ordinary stickers and paints can also damage your helmet.
- Store your helmet on a shelf or in its box, and do not leave your helmet in a car trunk or in direct sunlight. Extreme temperatures can warp or crack your helmet.
Put Our Law Firm's Over 37 Years Of Legal Experience To Work For Your Case!
If you have been injured in any type of accident caused by someone else’s negligence, or if you have been injured at work, call Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law for your free consultation today. Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law has been representing those who suffer serious injuries throughout all of Georgia and in the Southeast for over 37 years, including but not limited to Albany, Athens, Atlanta, Augusta, Columbus, Gainesville, Macon, Marietta, Rome, Roswell, Savannah, Smyrna, Valdosta, Warner Robins and all smaller cities and rural areas in the state.
No matter where you are located our attorneys are just a phone call away, and we will even come to you. Call us 24 hours day/7 days a week for your Free Consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333). You can also visit us online at Montlick.com and use our Free Case Evaluation Form or 24-hour live chat.
Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law
17 Executive Park Dr NE
Atlanta, GA 30329
Telephone: 1 (800) LAW-NEED
Telephone: 1 (404) 529-6333