Safety Tips for Georgia Pedestrians by Montlick & Associates
The Georgia Governor’s Office of Highway Safety and Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law, have provided safety tips for pedestrians to help avoid serious accidents and injuries.
Pedestrians can stay safe on Georgia roads, sidewalks, and walkways by following these tips:
- Walk on the Sidewalk – Always walk on the sidewalk instead of in the road. If there are no sidewalks, walk facing traffic as far from the road as possible.
- Cross at the Crosswalk – Use crosswalks whenever they are available, and only cross the street at intersections or corners.
- Stop Before Crossing the Street – Do not run out into the street or dart away from the sidewalk without first stopping and looking for traffic.
- Obey All Traffic Signals – Pay attention to traffic lights and walking signals as you are preparing to cross a street, and obey those lights and signs.
- Look Left, Then Right, Then Left Before Crossing the Street – Before you proceed into a road, make sure that all oncoming traffic has stopped. Be sure that nothing is obstructing your view, and look in both directions as you start to cross. Pedestrians walking in groups should all look for themselves.
- Wear Bright Clothing – Particularly at night, you want to wear brightly colored clothing or reflective strips on your clothing to make it easier for motorists to see you.
- Watch for Turning Traffic – When you are walking across a road, first look for vehicles turning in front of you. Try to make eye contact with drivers who might be turning right on red.
- Watch for Vehicles Turning Out of Driveways – Pay attention to drivers around you as you cross parking spots and driveways. Look for back-up lights and listen for running cars.
- Do Not Play in the Street – Keep children out of the street, and maintain activities on sidewalks or grassy areas away from the street.
Put Our Law Firm's Over 37 Years Of Legal Experience To Work For Your Case!
If you have been injured in any type of accident caused by someone else’s negligence, or if you have been injured at work, call Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law for your free consultation today. Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law has been representing those who suffer serious injuries throughout all of Georgia and in the Southeast for over 37 years, including but not limited to Albany, Athens, Atlanta, Augusta, Columbus, Gainesville, Macon, Marietta, Rome, Roswell, Savannah, Smyrna, Valdosta, Warner Robins and all smaller cities and rural areas in the state.
No matter where you are located our attorneys are just a phone call away, and we will even come to you. Call us 24 hours day/7 days a week for your Free Consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333). You can also visit us online at Montlick.com and use our Free Case Evaluation Form or 24-hour live chat.
Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law
17 Executive Park Dr NE
Atlanta, GA 30329
Telephone: 1 (800) LAW-NEED
Telephone: 1 (404) 529-6333