Train Safety in Wake of the Hoboken, New Jersey Train Crash
Our Georgia Personal Injury Lawyers Discuss Train Safety in Wake of Hoboken, NJ Train Crash
Recently, a busy commuter train, as it was pulling into the historic Hoboken, New Jersey train station, was unable to stop, crashing full speed into the platform and tragically killing one person while injuring over 100 others. An investigation remains underway as to the underlying cause of this tragedy. While this accident is extremely tragic, it does serve as a stark reminder of some of the measures we all can take to remain safe around trains and train tracks.
What Causes Train Accidents?
There are several causes of train accidents that occur each year in the U.S. These include, among others:
• Human factors
• Defective or broken tracks
• Equipment defects
• Signal defects
• Operator error
How Can You Stay Safe Around Trains?
In the United States, several thousand people are injured and hundreds die each year due to train accidents. Unfortunately, these numbers continue to be on the rise. In fact, nationwide statistics suggest that approximately every two hours, a railroad-related accident occurs in the United States. With this in mind, our Atlanta train accident attorneys encourage you to consider the following lifesaving train safety tips, among others:
- Always be careful and watch your step as you enter or exit a train.
- Be sure to watch the gap between the platform edge and the train and be mindful of it as you enter and exit the train.
- Stand away from the edges of a platform at all times.
- Always cross train tracks at designated pedestrian crossings.
- Stay alert around trains. Do not text, use headphones or engage in any other types of distractions that can prevent you from hearing an oncoming train.
- Remember that trains cannot stop as quickly as cars and other lighter vehicles. Be sure to yield the right of way to a train when in your car since a train engineer cannot immediately yield to you.
- Always use handholds when standing on a moving train.
- Never cross train tracks when the signals are down.
- Do not walk on tracks except at designated crossings.
Put Our Law Firm's Over 36 Years of Experience to Work For Your Case!
If you or someone close to you has been injured in a train-related accident in Georgia, Montlick & Associates has been representing those who suffer serious injuries throughout Georgia and in the Southeast for over 36 years, including but not limited to Albany, Athens, Atlanta, Augusta, Columbus, Gainesville, Macon, Marietta, Rome, Roswell, Savannah, Smyrna, Valdosta, Warner Robins and all smaller cities and rural areas in the state.
No matter where you are located, our attorneys are just a phone call away, and we will even come to you. Call us 24 hours a day/7 days a week for your Free Consultation at 1-800-LAW-NEED (1-800-529-6333). You can also visit us online at www.montlick.com and use our Free Case Evaluation Form or 24-hour Live Online Chat.
Montlick & Associates, Attorneys at Law
17 Executive Park Dr NE
Atlanta, GA 30329
Telephone: 1 (404) 529-6333
Toll Free: 1 (800) LAW-NEED
Hours: Open Today · Open 24 hours
Related Pages: Columbus car collision lawyers, Augusta GA car collision lawyers, Car collision lawyers in Georgia, Car collision lawyers in Atlanta, Car collision lawyers in Athens, Albany car collision lawyers.